Bush Killed Superman

fubar

Aug 8, 2004
My wife just shrieked in outrage from the kitchen , She heard an Edwards soundbite saying that Chris Reeves would be alive today if Bush hadn't stopped stem cell research.

The uncanny coincidence of Reeves passing away days after he is invoked by his " friend " Kerry in the debate makes me wonder if the piece of shite knew Reeves was on his deathbed. That is not how friends behave.

fubar said:
My wife just shrieked in outrage from the kitchen , She heard an Edwards soundbite saying that Chris Reeves would be alive today if Bush hadn't stopped stem cell research.

The uncanny coincidence of Reeves passing away days after he is invoked by his " friend " Kerry in the debate makes me wonder if the piece of shite knew Reeves was on his deathbed. That is not how friends behave.

Damn, fubar - I was thinking the same thing! I guess one should ask himself, "Would Kerry stoop that low to get a vote?"

I leave it to the reader to answer that one for himself.

I haven't heard that soundbite and my guess is Edwards either didn't say it or it was taken out of context. Stem cell research had nothing to do with what killed Christopher Reeve. In 1986, my father was paralyzed from the chest down in a bicycle accident. He has since resumed working full time helping other people, and especially young people, with disabilities fully integrate into society. My father, and our family for that matter, has lost many friends to similar complications of paralysis.

If you believe for one second that John Kerry knew that Christopher Reeve was on his deathbed when he made that comment in the debate you are out of your mind. For one thing, Reeve didn't even go into the hospital until Saturday after he had the initial heart attack.

Have a little more respect for a man that worked tirelessly to help find a cure for paralysis. He could have simply curled up and quit living. He didn't. He fought, he spoke, he gave, and he continued to create memorable movies and television.

acludem

acludem said:
Have a little more respect for a man that worked tirelessly to help find a cure for paralysis. He could have simply curled up and quit living. He didn't. He fought, he spoke, he gave, and he continued to create memorable movies and television.

acludem

Um no one isnt showing Chistopher respect. we are simply outraged at democrats who have no qualms in using his still warm corpse to further their political agenda which is based on lies about stem cell research

Post a link to footage of ANY and I mean ANY Democrat using Christopher Reeve's death for political gain. And no, saying we remember Christopher Reeve and will carry on the fight for stem cell research in his memory is not using his death for political gain, it is doing what Mr. Reeve would have wanted.

acludem

fubar said:

That sunofubitch killed my hero, damn him. Who's next??? Michael J. Fox??? Truth of the matter is no matter how they spin it stem cell research would not have helped Superman...Especially embrionic stem cell research which is what the tin foilers are crying about. :poop: :poop: like the word " poop " :rock:

I was thinking on the way home from work today aboutthis. I KNEW it would be a matter of time befree someone tried to blame Bush. :bang3: Let's not forget,they do have stem cells to work with now. It is not as if Bush has made a law against using them alltogether. They may not have found a cure or help for him in his lifetime. My stepdad has MS and isn't real hot on the idea of stem cell research from embryo's. Why can't they do lots of research from the ones they have? ANyway,any politician that would dare even poltisize this is a scumbag,piece of crap.

acludem:

Reeve had been feeling lousy for days before he died, unable to shake a stubborn, dangerous infection from something akin to bedsores. So, he didn't just die out of the blue;it may very well turn out that the infection was a causitive factor.

You can't understand why people think John Kerry a heartless opportunist? This is the man who believes that life begins at conception, but if the unborn get between him and a vote - screw 'em! He either owns an SUV or he doesn't, depending on whether he's addressing the UAW or Greenpeace. He's either Gandhi or John Wayne, as the winds of political expediency dictate. Do you really think him incapable of hovering over Christopher Reeve's sickbed like a vulture? I don't.

I must add that it is disingenuous - not to say typical - of you to imply that anyone on this board has shown disrespect to Christopher Reeve.

musicman said:
acludem:

Reeve had been feeling lousy for days before he died, unable to shake a stubborn, dangerous infection from something akin to bedsores. So, he didn't just die out of the blue;it may very well turn out that the infection was a causitive factor.

You can't understand why people think John Kerry a heartless opportunist? This is the man who believes that life begins at conception, but if the unborn get between him and a vote - screw 'em! He either owns an SUV or he doesn't, depending on whether he's addressing the UAW or Greenpeace. He's either Gandhi or John Wayne, as the winds of political expediency dictate. Do you really think him incapable of hovering over Christopher Reeve's sickbed like a vulture? I don't.

I must add that it is disingenuous - not to say typical - of you to imply that anyone on this board has shown disrespect to Christopher Reeve.

I heard that and I in no way mean ANY disrespect towards Mr. Reeves nor his family... He was a good actor and a GREAT human being...RIP brother cause life is too short. Damn I just wanna say regardless of my political leanings you guys and gals are all people and Americans and I really have nuthin but love for ya no matter what...Peace to all you and take care for real.

fubar said:

Is she sure it was Edwards? I can see a freak like Al Franken or Michael Moore saying something like that, but I would think Edwards would have a little more sense than that.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Is she sure it was Edwards? I can see a freak like Al Franken or Michael Moore saying something like that, but I would think Edwards would have a little more sense than that.

Nope!!! He's all dollars and NO sense. ;-)

musicman said:
acludem:

While I'm sure paralysis was a contributing factor, death from infections that are resistant to antibiotics (search MRSA) are becoming more common. Christopher Reeve fought valiantly as has my sister who has the same infection. Perhaps someone will continue his crusade to heal people and look into this issue as well as spinal cord injuries.

dilloduck said:
While I'm sure paralysis was a contributing factor, death from infections that are resistant to antibiotics (search MRSA) are becoming more common. Christopher Reeve fought valiantly as has my sister who has the same infection. Perhaps someone will continue his crusade to heal people and look into this issue as well as spinal cord injuries.

I wish your sister all the best, Dillo. And, you're right - we'd BETTER be looking at a way to fight these infections, for all our sakes!

Just read the stem cell threads and youll find Democrats using Reeves death to promote their political agenda

dilloduck said:

I too hope the best for your sister........And what a shame for Democrats to take brave people fighting this and turn it into campaign rederic......

Jimmyeatworld said:

No it was Edwards. I heard the clip on Rush today. Waiting on Drudge to post a link for it. they have a Picture of the rally he was at but only a develpoing underneath it. some newspaper will make an article and drudge will post the transcript when it becomes available.

insein said:
No it was Edwards. I heard the clip on Rush today. Waiting on Drudge to post a link for it. they have a Picture of the rally he was at but only a develpoing underneath it. some newspaper will make an article and drudge will post the transcript when it becomes available.

There were a couple of Senators or Congressmen sayign the same thing.

Tell me have any Doctors ever said that Stem cell research will make people walk? I havent seen any doctors say anything on the subject guarenteeing.

Since you all have produced absolutely no news stories, no links, no clips, and no proof of your allegations, that is that someone said that George W. Bush was responsible for Christopher Reeve's passing, I'll assume it didn't happen.

acludem

Forum List

Back