Bush is a terrorist

SpidermanTuba said:
Since when are terrorist a contracting power of the Geneva COnvention?

They are not. The insurgent forces are viewed by the Bush administration as elements of the former government of Iraq - which is a high contracting party to the Conventions.

SpidermanTuba said:
Besides, I don't even see how the part you provided even applies. Obviously, if these wives were harboring their husbands, we would have to kidnap them to try to get their husbands to turn themsevles in - they'd be at the house when we went to pick up the wife. You can't harbor someone who you aren't harboring.

Apparently they were gone to market at the time. Evading 6-26 is probably an underwear-intensive operation. The fat that the detention order was predicated on the wife being present at the time of the raid tends, IMO, to support the fact that her cooperation with his activities were under definite suspicion.

jimnyc said:
Are you seriously delusional enough to believe the terrorists just want us to politely leave and then they'll stop killing?

Are you sersiouly delusional enough to believe Bush just wants to finish in Iraq and then he'll stop bombing Muslim women and children?

I believe we need to put this into context. The terrorists kill, maim, torture & have no mercy and no room for negotiation.

So does the U.S.

Their goal is simply death, destruction & power.

Who cares about the ends. Lets talk about the means.

No, we are not killing these people, or maiming/torturing them.

So we killed 30000 Iraqis (according to Bush), but we're not killing them? OK, whatever.

We have a goal, and that's to catch the terrorists and bring freedom and democracy to the world.

Maybe we should stop snuffing out entire families in the name of our pipe dreams, then.

You'd like to put us on the same page as the terrorists so that you have something to whine about regarding Bush but any level headed thinking American sees it much differently than you.

I didn't put us there. You're the one who supports killing women and children.

No, what we are already doing is morally acceptable.

Because we're Americans. If the Mulsims were doing the same exact thing, it would be evil.

We are trying to assist the Iraqi people, remove terrorists, build infrastructure & democracy.

Well I sure as hell hope you don't ever try to assist me, then, I like my legs, and my familiy, and my house, and I'd rather not do without them.

Sometimes your hands need to get a little dirty when fighting the worlds worst terrorist organization & insurgents who believe that death is the most honorable thing one can do.

I'm sure the terrorists use a similarly lame excuse when they're brainwashing others into killing women and children.

Seriously, ST, you're fighting a losing battle on this one. Although I disagree with your politics, you usually come off fairly intelligent with at least decent arguments. Trying to place the USA on the same plane as terrorism is just silly. We all know what first springs to mind when we think of terrorists and I honestly never think of anyone in our administration - or previous administrations, or any liberal democrats for that fact.

What do you think first springs to mind when you mention the U.S. to an Iraq or Afghani whose wife and children were killed by U.S. bombs?

We all at least have a fairly common goal, which is to protect the USA and keep this great country on top.

Killing women and children in the name of freedom isn't doing anything to protect us. If anything, it is and will bring us harm.

I never looked at our techniques, intelligence gathering or war fighting capabilities as anything other than top notch - and at a MUCH higher standard that 99% of the world.

Your right. Of all the nations on the Earth, we are the most able to kill people and destroy things. Which makes we wonder how anyone here perceived some third rate dictator with a crappy military and a bunch of wannabe scientists as any sort of threat.
- and I certainly don't see any of our methods of protecting our country or gathering intel/evidence as terrorism.

Of course you don't. How could you? You've been brainwashed. If Bush decided to start exterminating anyone related to an insurgent, three generations up and down, you would be fine with that.

Cylinder said:
Apparently they were gone to market at the time. Evading 6-26 is probably an underwear-intensive operation. The fat that the detention order was predicated on the wife being present at the time of the raid tends, IMO, to support the fact that her cooperation with his activities were under definite suspicion.

I love it how you righties just love to make up facts when it suits you!

jimnyc said:
No, we are not killing these people, or maiming/torturing them.

SpidermanTuba said:
So we killed 30000 Iraqis (according to Bush), but we're not killing them? OK, whatever.

I give up. You don't even remember what you wrote and what we were debating. I thought we were debating the "kidnapping" of their wives as was your original topic, and as was my reply you quoted.

You libs get so caught up in your repetitive rhetoric that you sometimes forget which way is up and which way is down.

Has anyone else ever get the feeling they've been talking to a brick wall... :bang3: :laugh:

jimnyc said:
I give up. You don't even remember what you wrote and what we were debating. I thought we were debating the "kidnapping" of their wives as was your original topic, and as was my reply you quoted.

You libs get so caught up in your repetitive rhetoric that you sometimes forget which way is up and which way is down.

My bad, I thought by "these people' you meant all Iraqis.

As long as we've established that kidnapping a US serviceman's wife, in an attempt to get him to turn himself in to your control, as long as you don't kill, maim, or torture, his wife, is NOT terrorism, then I guess we have no argument.

SpidermanTuba said:
And if our military terrorizes innocent civilians, that's called "terrorism".

You are portraying the wife of a known terrorist as an "innocent civilian"? :wtf:

I'm sure she has no clue what the hubby does for a living. :dunno:

GunnyL said:
You are portraying the wife of a known terrorist as an "innocent civilian"? :wtf:

innocent people turn in criminals....they don't pretend not to know them when they are staying in the house of the known criminal......it is so funny watching people try so hard to be right at the expense of being correct

GunnyL said:

Yeah Gunny. If your wife goes out and commits a crime it doesn't make you guilty, does it?

Think about this for a second, Gunny. You remember the Godfather "Don't ask me about my business, Kate!" This is a terrorist. He is a fundamentalist Islamic. What do you think he would do if his wife asked him about the details of what he did today? SMACK its none of your business, bitch.

But of course, this isn't surprising coming from you. Rightie warmongers often take the same sort of positions that tyrannical dictators take. In N. Korea, they punish your familiy for your crimes, in Iraq, the U.S. is doing the same exact thing.

manu1959 said:
innocent people turn in criminals....they don't pretend not to know them when they are staying in the house of the known criminal......it is so funny watching people try so hard to be right at the expense of being correct

Well if she's guilty of a crime, why wasn't she turned over to the Iraqi government for prosecution?

"'The 28-year-old woman had three young children at the house, one being as young as six months and still nursing, the intelligence officer wrote. She was held for two days and was released after he complained, he said."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11061831/

What crime is the 6 month old guilty of? Not turning in his father?

SpidermanTuba said:
"'The 28-year-old woman had three young children at the house, one being as young as six months and still nursing, the intelligence officer wrote. She was held for two days and was released after he complained, he said."

I thought you said we were doing the same as Iraq - maiming/killing and torturing them? Isn't that what this was all about, the USA acting as terrorists?

I don't see a single thing in that article, or any article posted before, that shows any terroristic activities involved.

Thanks much for proving my point!

SpidermanTuba said:
Yeah Gunny. If your wife goes out and commits a crime it doesn't make you guilty, does it?

Think about this for a second, Gunny. You remember the Godfather "Don't ask me about my business, Kate!" This is a terrorist. He is a fundamentalist Islamic. What do you think he would do if his wife asked him about the details of what he did today? SMACK its none of your business, bitch.

:wtf:

But of course, this isn't surprising coming from you. Rightie warmongers often take the same sort of positions that tyrannical dictators take. In N. Korea, they punish your familiy for your crimes, in Iraq, the U.S. is doing the same exact thing.

Rightie warmongers? :smoke:

You, mr spiderman's tuba, are a nutcase. Your responses are pathetic and do not address the reality of the situation by any means.

If you are accusing me of being conservative ... damned-right I am. If you are under the delusion that this somehow makes me a warmonger, that is pure speculation on your part.

As far as your comparing my wife to an international terrorist, if she committed an attrocity against humanity such as these animals do, they wouldn't have to come looking for her .... I'd turn her in myself.

SpidermanTuba said:
Well if she's guilty of a crime, why wasn't she turned over to the Iraqi government for prosecution?

you are right the kids should have been left home alone to fend for themselves

jimnyc said:
I thought you said we were doing the same as Iraq - maiming/killing and torturing them? Isn't that what this was all about, the USA acting as terrorists?

Thousands of iraqis were maimed and killed when we bombed Baghdad.

We tortured prisoners at Abu Ghraib.

I don't see a single thing in that article, or any article posted before, that shows any terroristic activities involved.

Except for kidnapping someone's wife, of course.

GunnyL said:
As far as your comparing my wife to an international terrorist, if she committed an attrocity against humanity such as these animals do, they wouldn't have to come looking for her .... I'd turn her in myself.

What if she committed an atrocity against foreign troops who were occupying American soil? You would turn her into those foreign troops? Wow you must really love your wife.

SpidermanTuba said:
What if she committed an atrocity against foreign troops who were occupying American soil? You would turn her into those foreign troops? Wow you must really love your wife.

you are a douche

Forum List

Back