Bush gave Deep Water Horizon 6 citations for safety violations- Obama gave it Awards.

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
I thought I would put the Bush Administrations action against Deep Water Horizon out to see. It was Obama who gave it a Safety Award and his MMS team inspected the rig 10 days before the accident and gave it permission to proceed with the production.

In a stunning AP story, it has been learned that the Bush Administration cited the Deep Water Horizon (The oil rig that sank after an oil well it dug in the Gulf of Mexico exploded) for six safety violations in less than five years beginning in 2002, but the Obama Administration gave it a safety award last year. Here is a key passage in the AP story:

A summary of the inspection history that the MMS officials provided AP said the Deepwater Horizon received six "incidents of noncompliance" — the agency's term for citations.

The most serious occurred July 16, 2002, when the rig was shut down because required pressure tests had not been conducted on parts of the rig's blowout preventer — the device that was supposed to stop oil from gushing out if drilling operations experienced problems.

That citation was "major," said Arnold, who characterized the overall safety record related by MMS as strong.

A citation on Sept. 19, 2002, also involved the blowout preventer. The inspector issued a warning because "problems or irregularities observed during the testing of BOP system and actions taken to remedy such problems or irregularities are not recorded in the driller's report or referenced documents."

During his Senate testimony last week, Transocean CEO Steven Newman said the blowout preventer was modified in 2005.

According to MMS officials, the four other citations were:

• Two on May 16, 2002, for not conducting well control drills as required and not performing "all operations in a safe and workmanlike manner."

• One on Aug. 6, 2003, for discharging pollutants into the Gulf.

• One on March 20, 2007, which prompted inspectors to shut down some machinery because of improper electrical grounding.

You can read the full story here.
..:: The Conservative Edge ::..

Just more evidence (as if we hadn't already reached saturation) that this moron is in WAY over his head.

I nominate this for thread of the day.

This story deserves the top spot for the rest of the week.

Good Lord Barry - what are you doing to this country?????

I nominate this for thread of the day.

This story deserves the top spot for the rest of the week.

Good Lord Barry - what are you doing to this country?????

drobama1+evil.jpg

Well, that gal from MMM already was fired or resigned (maybe Obama will finally figure out which) - so the logical victim is already gone.

That city bus is coming. Wonder who gets tossed under the bus to make it appear that Owe Bama and crew are doing something useful about the oil spill in the Gulf? I'm surprised that he hasn't said that he inherited this problem too when he took office. He says he's looking for somebody's ass to kick. Well, maybe he should kick his own ass. I wish he would send "Jabber Jaws Joe" Biden down to the Gulf. He wouldn't do anything to stop the problem but at least he would be comical with his remarks.

All over the internet, as we speak, are dozens of libtards Googling their little resin-stained fingers off trying to
1. Verify
2. Find a story about Halibuton killing babies
3. Find the Center for American Progress' official statement on the matter
4. Find a picture of a tea-partier with a ridiculous hat to ridicule the OP'er

All over the internet, as we speak, are dozens of libtards Googling their little resin-stained fingers off trying to
1. Verify
2. Find a story about Halibuton killing babies
3. Find the Center for American Progress' official statement on the matter
4. Find a picture of a tea-partier with a ridiculous hat to ridicule the OP'er

:lol::lol::lol:

Now I am quite certain MSNBC will be all over this gem!!

:eusa_whistle:

I thought I would put the Bush Administrations action against Deep Water Horizon out to see. It was Obama who gave it a Safety Award and his MMS team inspected the rig 10 days before the accident and gave it permission to proceed with the production.

In a stunning AP story, it has been learned that the Bush Administration cited the Deep Water Horizon (The oil rig that sank after an oil well it dug in the Gulf of Mexico exploded) for six safety violations in less than five years beginning in 2002, but the Obama Administration gave it a safety award last year. Here is a key passage in the AP story:

A summary of the inspection history that the MMS officials provided AP said the Deepwater Horizon received six "incidents of noncompliance" — the agency's term for citations.

The most serious occurred July 16, 2002, when the rig was shut down because required pressure tests had not been conducted on parts of the rig's blowout preventer — the device that was supposed to stop oil from gushing out if drilling operations experienced problems.

That citation was "major," said Arnold, who characterized the overall safety record related by MMS as strong.

A citation on Sept. 19, 2002, also involved the blowout preventer. The inspector issued a warning because "problems or irregularities observed during the testing of BOP system and actions taken to remedy such problems or irregularities are not recorded in the driller's report or referenced documents."

During his Senate testimony last week, Transocean CEO Steven Newman said the blowout preventer was modified in 2005.

According to MMS officials, the four other citations were:

• Two on May 16, 2002, for not conducting well control drills as required and not performing "all operations in a safe and workmanlike manner."

• One on Aug. 6, 2003, for discharging pollutants into the Gulf.

• One on March 20, 2007, which prompted inspectors to shut down some machinery because of improper electrical grounding.

You can read the full story here.
..:: The Conservative Edge ::..

Bush is probably sitting back in TX and having himself a good chuckle...wouldn't it be funny if he called Tony Hayward and said, "hey Tony, why don'tcha come on out here to the ranch. I have a few ideas that could help out with this Gulf spill deal. I should have called you sooner, but watching ol' B'rack squirm has been funnier than a retard eatin hotwings!"

Bush is probably sitting back in TX and having himself a good chuckle...wouldn't it be funny if he called Tony Hayward and said, "hey Tony, why don'tcha come on out here to the ranch. I have a few ideas that could help out with this Gulf spill deal. I should have called you sooner, but watching ol' B'rack squirm has been funnier than a retard eatin hotwings!"

I totally heard Bush saying that quote in my head.

He was a bit of a buffoon but by God, he was America's buffoon!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back