Bush didn't just lie........

GWV5903, please read post #1805 along with the provided document.

Okay, you do understand that these 30 pages are nothing more than a select number of pages someone hand picked from this http://nsarchive.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB129/senateiraqreport.pdf 521 page complete assessment? They removed the page numbers, made up the cover and who knows what else.

The fact remains that ALL of the quotes made by these Democrats confirmed why they believed the Intelligence Community was correct, the same intelligence EVERYONE knew to be the truth. The only truth in the PDF you provided is someone decided they would diminish the sacrifice our dead soldiers made.
Let's get one thing straight. The soldiers who died in Iraq sacrificed their lives for nothing but helping certain rich people get richer. Nothing else.The second thing is you need to actually read the document you provided. It goes over in great detail as to exactly what I stated in post 1805. I would love to copy and paste thousands of quotes from that document that shows there was next to nothing to support the assertions Bush & Co. made. If you really are willing to learn the truth you will actually read the WHOLE document you provided.

I have read it, in fact I have several times. Your ability to copy and paste will not change the fact that ALL of the Democrats read the same thing that Bush & Cheney read, nothing different. What's so disingenuous about your kind is this fact alone.

Your Old Lady was quite clear, LIMP!
Really. Are you for real. This argument has been shut down for years. Is this some sort of competition for you. Be the last person alive to side with Bush.

Report: Bush Had More Prewar Intelligence Than Congress
Bush Resurrects False Claim That Congress Had “Same Intelligence” On Iraq
Prewar Iraq Intelligence: A Look at the Facts

From Diane Feinstein

""By virtue of his constitutional role as commander-and-in-chief and head of the executive branch, the President has access to all national intelligence collected, analyzed and produced by the Intelligence Community. The President's position also affords him the authority - which, at certain times, has been aggressively asserted to restrict the flow of intelligence information to Congress and its two intelligence committees, which are charged with providing legislative oversight of the Intelligence Community. As a result,the President, and a small number of presidentially-designated Cabinet-level officials, including the Vice President - in contrast to Members of Congress - have access to a far greater overall volume of intelligence and to more sensitive intelligence information, including information regarding intelligence sources and methods. They, unlike Members of Congress, also have the authority to more extensively task the Intelligence Community, and its extensive cadre of analysts, for follow-up information. As a result, the President and his most senior advisors arguably are better positioned to assess the quality of the Community's intelligence more accurately than is Congress."

Howard Dean on Meet The press

Dean: The intelligence was corrupted, not just because of the incompetence of the CIA; it was corrupted because it was being changed around before it was presented to Congress . Stuff was taken out and not presented. All of this business about weapons of mass destruction, there was significant and substantial evidence . . . that said, "There is a strong body of opinion that says they don't have a nuclear program, nor do they have weapons of mass destruction." And that intelligence was not given to the Congress of the United States.

NBC's Tim Russert: It was in the National Intelligence Estimate, as a caveat by the State Department.

Dean: It was, a very small one, but the actual caveat that the White House got were (sic) much, much greater. And the deputy to Colin Powell, Lawrence Wilkerson, just said so. He just came out and said so.

From Lawrence Wilkinson

Cheney-Rumsfeld Cabal, led by Vice President Dick Cheney and Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld, hijacked U.S. foreign policy by circumventing or ignoring formal decision-making channels, also national security adviser, Condoleezza Rice was part of the problem by not ensuring that the policy-making process was open to all relevant participants.

The fact remains that ALL of the quotes made by these Democrats confirmed why they believed the Intelligence Community was correct, the same intelligence EVERYONE knew to be the truth. The only truth in the PDF you provided is someone decided they would diminish the sacrifice our dead soldiers made.

You seem to have a hard time understanding the fact that the Intelligence everyone was believing was being co-erced to go along with "THE LIE" that Bush and Cheney created....you just can't face the facts, can you? :badgrin:

George W. Bush’s CIA briefer admits Iraq WMD “intelligence” was a lie

On Tuesday night, former CIA Deputy Director and Bush’s intelligence briefer Michael Morell appeared on MSNBC’s “Hardball,” where he, under an amount of good cable news duress, admitted that the administration intentionally misrepresented intelligence.

Myrtle, your math skills are terrible and obviously your hearing is even worse...

In Matthews own video of Cheney on MTP he says the same thing Morell said. Have you cleaned your ears in the last decade? Maybe your deaf? Dumb! Blind! All? Yes!!

You're so desperate to shoot anyone, yet you can't even admit that ALL of the 18 quotes from Democrats where in agreement with the NIE.

It's hard to believe you are able to type your name based on your continued denial that the Democratic Leadership reviewed the same intelligence and agreed to go to war with Iraq. You can blame Bush for a million years, but the truth is they all read the same info dumb dumb. That you would rely on Chris "Thrill Up My Leg" Matthews is hilarious at best.

It's in Living Color and you still cannot comprehend what they said, if my dog was this f'ing stupid I would hide him / her from the world, what's your excuse?

BTW you are no where close with my user name...

Vacant-head....you're the only living person who still thinks Bush/Cheney were honest........bwahahahaha! Even Bush's CIA briefer admits it's a lie and you still believe that everyone knew that.....what a doofus you are.

You will note that the date on most of your links are 1998...

Do you always get set up so easily? Operation Desert Fox? The let's "draw attention away from Monica Lewinsky?" The 3 to 4 day bombing of Iraq? ODF targeted 13 suspected sites with WMD's, 13!

I understand that counting, the truth and basic common sense are not even close to your minimum grasp of reality. That being said, the majority of the quotes are from 2002 & 2003, not 1998. In fact let me count it for you sense it appears you have such a difficult time counting up to 10. So 8 in 1998 and 18 in 2002 & 2003, wow your family must be proud of your math skills...

To call you an idiot would be an insult to other nicer idiots.

And this from Myrtle the mathematician, it's painful to watch...

because Saddam did have WMDs at that time

Yeah those 13 sites where perfect hits...

This group must be easily fooled, according to you twice in less than 6 years...

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"I mean, we have three different countries that, while they all present serious problems for the United States -- they're dictatorships, they're involved in the development and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction -- you know, the most imminent, clear and present threat to our country is not the same from those three countries. I think Iraq is the most serious and imminent threat to our country."
-- Sen. John Edwards (D, NC) Feb. 24, 2002

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power. We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein's regime is a serious danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be disarmed. We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Edward Kennedy (D, MA) Sep. 27, 2002

"Now let me be clear -- I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him."
-- State Senator Barack Obama (Democrat, Illinois) Oct. 2, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"My position is very clear: The time has come for decisive action to eliminate the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction."
-- Senator John Edwards (D, NC), Oct. 7, 2002

"We stopped the fighting [in 1991] on an agreement that Iraq would take steps to assure the world that it would not engage in further aggression and that it would destroy its weapons of mass destruction. It has refused to take those steps. That refusal constitutes a breach of the armistice which renders it void and justifies resumption of the armed conflict."
-- Sen. Harry Reid (D. NV) Oct. 9, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"I come to this debate, Mr. Speaker, as one at the end of 10 years in office on the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, where stopping the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction was one of my top priorities. I applaud the President on focusing on this issue and on taking the lead to disarm Saddam Hussein. ... Others have talked about this threat that is posed by Saddam Hussein. Yes, he has chemical weapons, he has biological weapons, he is trying to get nuclear weapons."
-- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D. CA) Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

"People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons."
-- Ex President Bill Clinton, Jul. 22, 2003 (Interview with CNN Larry King)

I asked very direct questions of the top people in the CIA and people who'd served in the Clinton administration. And they said they believed that Saddam Hussein either had weapons or had the components of weapons or the ability to quickly make weapons of mass destruction. What we're worried about is an A-bomb in a Ryder truck in New York, in Washington and St. Louis. It cannot happen. We have to prevent it from happening.
-- Rep. Richard Gephardt (D, MT) Nov. 2, 2003

Myrtle, just admit it, you have no clue what your valiant Democrapic Leaders have told you...
I got as far as the first one on your list to determine it's bullshit. Graham never said that nor signed any such letter.

washingtonpost.com

Geez......turns out that GWVacanthead may be George W. Doofus Bush in disguise....or at least as dishonest.

I got as far as the first one on your list to determine it's bullshit. Graham never said that nor signed any such letter.

washingtonpost.com

There numerous accounts he made this statement...

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

All the WaPost piece is confirming he has no backbone...

You have something in common with Sen. Graham...

You still don't get it, do you? It doesn't matter that the whole world might have believed the intelligence being provided.....the point being that Bush and Cheney had orchestrated the lie and the intelligence that everyone was getting was a lie, and Bush and Cheney were behind it. It can't be presented any clearer....you're either a hard head or you just can't admit that Bushie lied.

No doubt you can find a bunch of rightarded sites which contain the misinformation you seek out, but the Washington Post is accurate, no matter how deep your denial runs.

He made the statement and wrote the letter. Graham is a wind bag...

You want a double standard and we can debate until the end of time the merits of the Iraq War. The fact remains, these individuals supported it, voted for it and ultimately acted like they never agreed with it. Integrity is not the word that comes to mind when describing their actions, post invasion. They acted like the little kid who got caught.

No doubt you can find a bunch of rightarded sites which contain the misinformation you seek out, but the Washington Post is accurate, no matter how deep your denial runs.

You want a double standard and we can debate until the end of time the merits of the Iraq War. The fact remains, these individuals supported it, voted for it and ultimately acted like they never agreed with it. Integrity is not the word that comes to mind when describing their actions, post invasion. They acted like the little kid who got caught.
and bush pulled the trigger

You still don't get it, do you? It doesn't matter that the whole world might have believed the intelligence being provided.....the point being that Bush and Cheney had orchestrated the lie and the intelligence that everyone was getting was a lie, and Bush and Cheney were behind it. It can't be presented any clearer....you're either a hard head or you just can't admit that Bushie lied.

This falls in line with if you tell a lie enough times then people will start believing its the truth. You know dam good and well if this was the truth then what happened to the Impeachment proceedings? Oh that's right there were none.

One more time for the mentally challenged, Morell never said it was a lie in the Matthews interview, but I understand you are easily swayed by "Chill up my leg" Matthews.

Here's a quote from Morell...

"We didn't have to be pushed there because we already believed it," Morell said. "The best way to prove that to you is to tell you that we told President [Bill] Clinton the same thing before George Bush ever came to office."

You follow two faced piece of shit liberal cowards, nothing new here...

Last edited:
Fear mongering was much more effective

George W. Bush didn t just lie about the Iraq War. What he did was much worse.

What the Bush administration launched in 2002 and 2003 may have been the most comprehensive, sophisticated, and misleading campaign of government propaganda in American history. Spend too much time in the weeds, and you risk missing the hysterical tenor of the whole campaign.

In the summer of 2002, the administration established something called the White House Iraq Group, through which Karl Rove and other communication strategists like Karen Hughes and Mary Matalin coordinated with policy officials to sell the public on the threat from Iraq in order to justify war. "The script had been finalized with great care over the summer," White House press secretary Scott McClellan later wrote, for a "campaign to convince Americans that war with Iraq was inevitable and necessary."
In that campaign, intelligence wasn't something to be understood and assessed by the administration in making their decisions, it was a propaganda tool to lead the public to the conclusion that the administration wanted. Again and again we saw a similar pattern: An allegation would bubble up from somewhere, some in the intelligence community would say that it could be true but others would say it was either speculation or outright baloney, but before you knew it the president or someone else was presenting it to the public as settled fact.

When you say lie, do you mean Bush saying the same thing many Democrats said before Bush was President? Funny how you call it a lie when Bush said it but say nothing about Democrats saying the same thing.

You can easily detect lies by Rs, but Ds never lie.

Obama lies every day, but in your 'mind' that is okay because he is a D.

Ds good Rs bad.....

Plenty of D's said exactly what those same D's call a lie when Bush said it.

Really. Are you for real. This argument has been shut down for years. Is this some sort of competition for you. Be the last person alive to side with Bush.

No it hasn't, but maybe it has between that small empty space between your ears...

Your world is pretty small, try getting out of that dungeon your mom calls a basement every year or so...

Well I've now shown you a news article from the Washington Post AND from the U.S. State Department which shows Graham had nothing to do with that letter.

You can maintain your unhinged denial as long as you like, you still posted bullshit.

No it hasn't, but maybe it has between that small empty space between your ears...

Your world is pretty small, try getting out of that dungeon your mom calls a basement every year or so...
I see you are not going to address the links or quotes. In any debate that is called conceding. Thanks for coming out.

GWV5903 - "I can't win the argument but I can still insult Tuatara. My debating skills are unmatched." *high fives himself

I see you are not going to address the links or quotes. In any debate that is called conceding. Thanks for coming out.

Diane Feinstein, Howard Dean, really? There's no bias in their opinions...

It's impossible to debate with someone that is in denial about facts. All of the quotes post 911 where made by Democrats in leadership positions who read the same NIE's that the Bush Admin did as well, your only hope is to twist it into a Bush/Cheney manipulation of the CIA and IC, which by they way you have not a single shred of proof to support it with, there only opinions. If the links are so valid as you claim, why haven't you pasted this damaging text , so you can drag them into the International Court and prosecute them for War Crimes?

Well I've now shown you a news article from the Washington Post AND from the U.S. State Department which shows Graham had nothing to do with that letter.

You can maintain your unhinged denial as long as you like, you still posted bullshit.

I know all news articles tell the truth and your link to the State Department is so valid, grow up and then you might fool some more liberals...

Diane Feinstein, Howard Dean, really? There's no bias in their opinions...

It's impossible to debate with someone that is in denial about facts. All of the quotes post 911 where made by Democrats in leadership positions who read the same NIE's that the Bush Admin did as well, your only hope is to twist it into a Bush/Cheney manipulation of the CIA and IC, which by they way you have not a single shred of proof to support it with, there only opinions. If the links are so valid as you claim, why haven't you pasted this damaging text , so you can drag them into the International Court and prosecute them for War Crimes?
What international court? The US didn't sign on with the ICC and the US has veto power with the UN. The Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Tribunal has already found George Bush guilty of war crimes but they have no jurisdiction. A Human Rights Group in Germany, The European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights, has begun the process of indicting members of the Bush Administration by filing criminal complaints against the architects of the Administration's torture program. Bush will never be tried in an international Court. If Bush and other senior officials are ever charged with war crimes or other criminal charges, they must be prosecuted in the United States under U.S. law in a real, legitimate court. This will only happen when the current president allows it to happen. Obama has already said he wasn't going to do it. If you truly believe Bush is innocent, vote for someone who wants to put him on trial so he can have his day in court.

As for proving congress not having the same intel as Bush & Cheney how would one prove that without testimony from members of congress and even members from the Bush administration. Wilkinson worked for Colin Powell and he even said the intel was manipulated.

The European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights, has begun the process of indicting members of the Bush Administration by filing criminal complaints against the architects of the Administration's torture program.

I think he's shaking, not sleeping and needs therapy, really...

As for proving congress not having the same intel as Bush & Cheney how would one prove that without testimony from members of congress and even members from the Bush administration. Wilkinson worked for Colin Powell and he even said the intel was manipulated.

Like I said you have nothing but opinion and hyperbole...

I know all news articles tell the truth and your link to the State Department is so valid, grow up and then you might fool some more liberals...
LOLOLOLOL

Only idiots such as yourself accept the word of rightwing sites over the State Department publishing that letter, and indicating who signed it, on the day it was delivered to the White House.

Too funny. :mm:

Forum List

Back