Bush Debate, 40:30

nakedemperor

Aug 5, 2004
NYC
Ok, so I've been looking at the photographs that show the bulge in the back of the president's suit, and the feeds from different networks at different times show the same thing, so its definitely not photoshopped. But there's definitely something there. I don't know about the credence of a device used to transmit audio, but to those who believe its so, go to cspan.org and check out Bush response around 40 minutes and 40 seconds into the debate. He pauses with about 20 or so seconds remaining in his response, looking directly at the CSPAN3 live camera, and says 'Let me finish' kind of under his breath-- he's not addressing Jim Leher the moderator because he'd have to be looking significantly to his left in order to do so (the podiums are angled more towards each other, and not directly at the moderator, as is the custom). Go look at this-- it'll take 30 seconds.

Who is he talking to? He's addressing neither Jim Leher (who wouldn't have interupted him anyway, he had 20+ seconds remaining) nor John Kerry. It does actually seem like he's slipped and has addressed someone who had begun to speak to him over a microphone.

The bulge in his back, the GOP insistance of having no cameras BEHIND the debators, and Bush's long pauses where he seemed to be off in his own world, lead me to believe something fishy was going on.

Its been documented that reporters got microphone interference from a prompting device during bush's speech and during the Q&A session at the D-Day memorial in France. Its not a new occurence.

Anyway since we entertained 'pengate' I think this deserves more mention that it has gotten on this board.

Attachments

• $3.bush100804_sm.jpg
    $3.bush100804_sm.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 121
Do you really think that the Bush campaign people are so stupid that they would overlook an obvious detail like this? Hell, for all we know that's a wrinkle in his shirt.

I'm pretty certain that if Pres. Bush were wired, it would have not have been done in such an amateurish fashion.

not to mention the fact that technology has certainly gotten to the point where a wireless receiver would NOT be as big as the bulge in his back shows in that picture.

As the President he would have access to the best of technology, there wouldn't be a huge receiver on his ass, it would be wireless and fit inside his ear. I mean crap you can get those at the local Security store. This sounds a little bit contrived, just like Pengate was.

yeah its not a reciever however it might be a extra power pack so bush could stay awake past his bed time :D i heard(not sure if its true) that his aides etc had him stay up late the previous week to prepare for the debate.

Let's generate a scenario where you are United States President today. As we all know, we are involved in a global war that has no frontlines or confined to just one region of the planet. With that said you are the perhaps the key player of this war. People want to take you out either enemy operatives or some deranged Michael Moore fan.

WOULDN"T YOU WEAR A BULLETPROOF VEST IN PUBLIC TOO?

no1tovote4 said:
As the President he would have access to the best of technology, there wouldn't be a huge receiver on his ass, it would be wireless and fit inside his ear. I mean crap you can get those at the local Security store. This sounds a little bit contrived, just like Pengate was.

makes sense

I don't know. It seems like he was talking to Lehrer who might have thought his answer was over and had turned to give Kerry his next question. I'd like to see a video showing Lehrer.

MJDuncan1982 said:
I don't know. It seems like he was talking to Lehrer who might have thought his answer was over and had turned to give Kerry his next question. I'd like to see a video showing Lehrer.

Yeah the only thing with that is that to address lehrer he has to turn significantly to his right, which he'd one seconds earlier in the clip. He was staring straigh ahead when he said it.

its the alien control box on bush... kerry's hair is so big they put his control box in his hair...

we're gonna be bowing to our new alien masters sooner than later.

(slaps self) :wtf: did i just post? why am i resisting my programming?

NATO AIR said:
its the alien control box on bush... kerry's hair is so big they put his control box in his hair...

we're gonna be bowing to our new alien masters sooner than later.

(slaps self) :wtf: did i just post? why am i resisting my programming?

"I am Clinton, end transmission."

no1tovote4 said:
Well, I do not believe Bush was wearing a wire, but just for the sake of it, I will make some points, as I can see where those who believe he was are coming from.

The reason he would have been wearing a device that was more bulky, and not something that would have been wireless and simply fit in his ear. Explanation I read was ... A device which would have prevented others from picking up the signal being transmitted to Bush would have been more bulky.

Bush did seem to act unusual during the debate. He seemed to have bad posture, paused many times, and seemed to "umm, uh" throughout much of the debate. He also seemed to let many opportunities to attack Kerry get by and seemed to repeat himself many times, meaning he may have memorized only a few lines and was going to rely on a wire the rest of the time, and that he was pausing and "uuhing and umming" while waiting and listening to the answer being transmitted to him.

HOWEVER, I would think he would have done much better during the debate, if he were being fed answers.

I do not believe he was wearing a wire. I believe it was a wrinkle in the shirt, being more pronounced by the lighting and shadowing. I, however, can seen where some who believe he was wearing a wire, are coming from.

If you look closely at the picture, you see a similiar appearance of something underneath his shirt closer to his neck, perpendicular and above the suspected device between his shoulder blades. I believe this is proof that it is a wrinkle in the jacket or his shirt, underneath the jacket, being more pronounced by the lights he is standing under and the shadowing. Not at all a wire.

nakedemperor said:
Yeah the only thing with that is that to address lehrer he has to turn significantly to his right, which he'd one seconds earlier in the clip. He was staring straigh ahead when he said it.

Okay, I'll tell. George Bush is actually locked in a closet in the Oval Office. Dick Cheney, in cooperation with his Haliburton pals created a clone. The device you see under the clone's coat is the means by which a team of eight technicians control the clone's motor functions.

drowe said:
Let's generate a scenario where you are United States President today. As we all know, we are involved in a global war that has no frontlines or confined to just one region of the planet. With that said you are the perhaps the key player of this war. People want to take you out either enemy operatives or some deranged Michael Moore fan.

WOULDN"T YOU WEAR A BULLETPROOF VEST IN PUBLIC TOO?

That's exactly what I thought it was the first time I noticed the crease. And he was wearing it in both debates. He was wearing a vest.

Forum List

Back