Bush Called Judges that disagreed with him "harmful to democracy"

If you don't like a decision...it's "judicial activism"...if you do...it's "upholding the constitution"

Both sides do it. Claiming some sort of moral superiority on this issue is idiotic.
Moral equivalency, maybe. Superiority? No one has THAT distinction.

So at best, Obama's comments are a wash as an issue.
And trumpeting every little thing only makes Republicans look weak and vulnerable. If we have a beef with Obama...we better come up with something BETTER than him for the American people.
I don't see the Ryan plan as doing that.

Actually, as the link to fucking idiot Randi Rhode's website makes clear, what President Bush SAID was that THOSE JUDGES who don't act in accordance with the Constitution are a threat to democracy. Specifically, those who don't interpret laws but who instead legislate laws from the bench represent a threat to democracy.

President Bush was clearly correct.

And, of course, he said NOTHING about judges who merely "disagreed" with him.

Yep. The OP intentionally lied. Now there's something you see every day.

And Obama..made the same critique.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAydC_LjIEk]Bush in 2007: Unelected Judges Making Law Are A Threat To Democracy - YouTube[/ame]

Can you remember arguing with these righties before we had the internet? Even with video proof they won't admit that what Obama said is almost exactly what Bush said.

And Obama has Citizens United to use as an example of their bad behavior. What was Bush referring to? What decision upset him? I think that might matter. Bet Bush is full of shit. Bet he was acting unconstitutional and the courts called him out. Like how he was spying on us using the Patriot Act. I remember he was bypassing warrents. And they were even allowed to get the warrent after the fact but even that was "too much red tape" for them to handle. Fact was, they didn't want a paper trail of who they were spying on because they were spying on everyone, including John Kerry.

Why do these dumbasses hate healthcare? It's the difference between living and bankruptcy. Besides, everyone knows most right wingers don't have health care anyway. They have "Medicare".

lets see the link Dean.....i know you have one......it wont have anything to do with what you posted.....but lets see it....

He means you are all old. A joke.

Hey Harry. You are fair and balanced. Please admit that the GOP are just making a big deal about Obama calling out the Supreme Court to score political points and really its hardly any different than what Bush did back in 2007. Just using the bully pulpit. Be honest.

It wasn't only Bush. Ronald Reagan had the similar critiques..

an abuse of power as bad as the transgression of Watergate and the bribery on Capitol Hill..
Ellensburg Daily Record - Google News Archive Search

If you don't like a decision...it's "judicial activism"...if you do...it's "upholding the constitution"

Both sides do it. Claiming some sort of moral superiority on this issue is idiotic.

And trumpeting every little thing only makes Republicans look weak and vulnerable. If we have a beef with Obama...we better come up with something BETTER than him for the American people.

It's kinda of worse then that. They are demonizing Obama for holding the very same views they use to hold. Which is at best, hypocrisy..and at worst..blatant racism. It's apalling the illegitimacy they ascribe to this president. Granted, they've done it with most Democratic presidents and on a scale never seen in the inverse. Clinton was a good example. Not only did they treat him horrendously..they impeached him. But at least they never questioned his citizenship.

Might I remind you for years it has been Republicans, not Democrat, complaining about activist judges legislating from the bench. But it wasn't until Alito and Roberts that the court started overturning precident and stopped following stari decisis. I spelled that wrong. But even Sandra Day O'Conner, appointed by Reagan, spoke out and warned the new Roberts court to stop doing that.

I don't think Republicans think we are smart enough to realize this is just Classic projection.
projection n. – the unconscious act or process of ascribing to others, one’s own ideas, impulses, or emotions, especially when they are considered undesirable, or cause anxiety.

The whole illegitimacy thing made my skin crawl. Made Republicans look like backwoods hill folk.

It's kinda of worse then that. They are demonizing Obama for holding the very same views they use to hold. Which is at best, hypocrisy..and at worst..blatant racism. It's apalling the illegitimacy they ascribe to this president. Granted, they've done it with most Democratic presidents and on a scale never seen in the inverse. Clinton was a good example. Not only did they treat him horrendously..they impeached him. But at least they never questioned his citizenship.

And what was Bush crying about anyways? Did they say he couldn't torture or spy on us or lock us away indefinately as "unlawful enemy combatents"? He did some very unconstitutional shit. And no impeachment. But it worked. The American people got sick of the Clinton/Gore era and didn't think GW could do any harm because at the time, things were good. They liked him. They could "drink a beer with him". Remember?

Obama is dealing with the Supreme Court that passed Citizens United. That decision alone should get Roberts, Alito, Thomas and Scalia and every other righty that agreed with Citizens United impeached. imo

Might I remind you for years it has been Republicans, not Democrat, complaining about activist judges legislating from the bench. But it wasn't until Alito and Roberts that the court started overturning precident and stopped following stari decisis. I spelled that wrong. But even Sandra Day O'Conner, appointed by Reagan, spoke out and warned the new Roberts court to stop doing that.

I don't think Republicans think we are smart enough to realize this is just Classic projection.
projection n. – the unconscious act or process of ascribing to others, one’s own ideas, impulses, or emotions, especially when they are considered undesirable, or cause anxiety.

Citizen's United is a pretty good example of that. They conflated the case to reverse nearly 100 years of case law and precedent. It was usurping the power of congress and legislating politics.

Really amazing. And shocking.

What would you call Sonya Sotomayor, "The Wise Latina"whom Obama picked for her 'empathy' rather than her knowledge of the law or the Constitution? The best known testimony to her legal acuity was her affirmation of New Haven Mayor John diStefano's political paisan, the Reverend Kimber, that the then crop of New Haven Fireman applicants for promotion had indeed too many vowels in their last names to be considered for promotion.

What would you call Sonya Sotomayor, "The Wise Latina"whom Obama picked for her 'empathy' rather than her knowledge of the law or the Constitution? The best known testimony to her legal acuity was her affirmation of New Haven Mayor John diStefano's political paisan, the Reverend Kimber, that the then crop of New Haven Fireman applicants for promotion had indeed too many vowels in their last names to be considered for promotion.

I call that winning the Latino vote.

And are you kidding me? What about Harriet Miers? Bush tried to appoint her. She had zero experience. Only a lawyer. And not even a good one. That was a joke.

Just like Heck of a Job Brownie. All Bush appointees were Cronies. Remember Alberto Gonzales and the attorney firings? The ones that got fired weren't going along with the program. Busted.

Brownie was a horse breeder. What did he know about FEMA? Nothing apparently. Remember Katrina?

Citizen's United is a pretty good example of that. They conflated the case to reverse nearly 100 years of case law and precedent. It was usurping the power of congress and legislating politics.

Really amazing. And shocking.

I remember telling my republican buddies about Citizens United when it first happened and even they thought it was a bad idea. Now because Romney and Rush said it, they agree that Corporations are people and money is speech. How convienent.

Do these middle class republicans realize that the GOP eventually will go after medicare and social security as being unconstitutional? Do they think they will benefit from this? Or defunding public schools and colleges? Or the EPA? Or don't they realize that Unions and Progressives are what created the middle class? Of course they do not.

Actually, as the link to fucking idiot Randi Rhode's website makes clear, what President Bush SAID was that THOSE JUDGES who don't act in accordance with the Constitution are a threat to democracy. Specifically, those who don't interpret laws but who instead legislate laws from the bench represent a threat to democracy.

President Bush was clearly correct.

And, of course, he said NOTHING about judges who merely "disagreed" with him.

Yep. The OP intentionally lied. Now there's something you see every day.

And Obama..made the same critique.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAydC_LjIEk]Bush in 2007: Unelected Judges Making Law Are A Threat To Democracy - YouTube[/ame]

Can you remember arguing with these righties before we had the internet? Even with video proof they won't admit that what Obama said is almost exactly what Bush said.

And Obama has Citizens United to use as an example of their bad behavior. What was Bush referring to? What decision upset him? I think that might matter. Bet Bush is full of shit. Bet he was acting unconstitutional and the courts called him out. Like how he was spying on us using the Patriot Act. I remember he was bypassing warrents. And they were even allowed to get the warrent after the fact but even that was "too much red tape" for them to handle. Fact was, they didn't want a paper trail of who they were spying on because they were spying on everyone, including John Kerry.

Arguing with an idiot lying ass-clown like silly bozo is obviously pointless.

WITH the video PROOF in front of his stupid eyes, silly bozo STILL won't acknowledge that what President Bush said is (a) NOT what he falsely claimed President Bush had said and (b) NOT at all akin to the stupid venal shit which the current President spewed so dishonestly.

And the word you were groping for, you nitwit TDM wannabe, is "warrant."

Arguing with an idiot lying ass-clown like silly bozo is obviously pointless.

WITH the video PROOF in front of his stupid eyes, silly bozo STILL won't acknowledge that what President Bush said is (a) NOT what he falsely claimed President Bush had said and (b) NOT at all akin to the stupid venal shit which the current President spewed so dishonestly.

And the word you were groping for, you nitwit TDM wannabe, is "warrant."

Did Bush speak while a case was pending before the USSC?

These tools not only choose laws, but even chose our worst president ever. Of course Booosh loved them...

And just how did they chose Obama ?

These "tools" as you call them are only "tools" to you because they won't keep the government handouts coming your way.

I call that winning the Latino vote.

Or in other words....pandering.

Using one of nine key seats on the highest court in the land.

And somehow I get the impression you believe this is acceptable.

Forum List

Back