Burnt out and with nothing

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Not sure how to organize anything at this point apart from many wanting to help but we have a real deal going on up here with this fire.

If any one on this board can help organize I can drive to you. This is a nightmare what is happening here.

Please. Anyone on the animal rescue level please try to help me organize as well.

The people in charge don't have a clue what they are doing.

I've been hearing about this all week. People driving away on burning roads. Thousands of refugees relocating repeatedly. Bad bad stuff.

What can they do? All u can do is bail out and hope for rain.

Not sure how to organize anything at this point apart from many wanting to help but we have a real deal going on up here with this fire.

If any one on this board can help organize I can drive to you. This is a nightmare what is happening here.

Please. Anyone on the animal rescue level please try to help me organize as well.

The people in charge don't have a clue what they are doing.

What are you askIng for here?

This was overdue to happen. It has been getting warmer and drier for a decade in northern Canada. Just as it has in Oregon and Washington. Last summer, we came very close to losing some small towns, and one large one in those two states. It was only a matter of time until something like this happened. It is unfortunate, but has been predicted. You build towns on the edge of the forest, when you get these wildfires driven by the wind, they don't stop at the city limits.

Been hearing about this on the news....100 200 foot flames....absolutely horrible :(

I've been hearing about it on the news too. Terrible. I remember a few years back when Australia was having a similar fire event, but it is normally hot and dry in Australia. Canada, not so much.

What can they do? All u can do is bail out and hope for rain.

The really awful thing I've been hearing is that all the human effort can't stop this - only a change in weather.

I'm afraid I don't know anyone that far east in Canada to ask to help ya'll out, but I'll see if I can get some locals on the road. Hang in.

So tired. Too many tears for so many.

Going to try to be real here and get some sleep. What is going to be needed is going to be of course taking care of the people. We all know this. But in cases like this there are real time long lived pets at stake in this kind of disaster.

We have to do something. Don't know what yet. I'm fried out.Hooked with some animal agencies out there. But there has to be something we can do. Apparently just before the wave of flames hit the police let many in to rescue their pets.

Others just set them free. Oh god help their souls.

But I have to wake up today and figure out how to try to keep all these souls together in this disaster. Geeze luize I hope I'm making sense here.Have to get some sleep.

Before I crash if anyone can post a rescue plan for family pet centers set up in emergencies please post. That way when I wake up I can hit the deck running and get hold of some old friends to set up a center for all babies running away from this monster fire.

Some out posts.

best support canada red cross....go with established organizations ....why try to duplicate services already out there?

for animals...red rover or perhaps the local societies...

Imagine Burlington Vermont being burned off the map!

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I am not so sure.

It's a pretty town. Lots of breweries !

Burlington or the town in Canada? As far as I am concerned, every brewery on earth could burn to the ground and I would not shed a tear. I would prefer to drink horse piss than what some people refer to as beer.

There is Burlington in Wisconsin and Kansas, as well.

Burlington or the town in Canada? As far as I am concerned, every brewery on earth could burn to the ground and I would not shed a tear. I would prefer to drink horse piss than what some people refer to as beer.

There are lots more than just those two.
Burlington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are lots more than just those two.
Burlington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know. When I lived in Burlington, Ontario the city was looking for a "twin city" for kids to participate annually in friendly competition.

All in the U.S. were considered, ended up with the closest one, in Vermont. That was where I met Mayor Sanders.

Forum List

Back