Bureau of Land Management to move headquarters from DC to Colorado

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
36001151_1024k.jpg

I’ve been reading a lot about this lately. Only 4% of the employees are in D,C, and the majority of those are high-level managers.

Around 300 BLM employees are expected to relocate out West under the move with at least 50 going to a newly created headquarters in Grand Junction, Colo., and the rest divided among the western states of Utah, Nevada and others, a spokesperson for Rep. Rob Bishop (R-Utah) confirmed to The Hill.

And some other government agencies are planning similar moves. And the unions are trying to fight them.

The decision to move West comes as other agencies are also planning to relocate parts of their teams. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has moved employees around several of its offices outside of D.C., and the U.S. Department of Agriculture gave more than 500 employees until Monday to decide whether to move to the Kansas City area.

More @ Bureau of Land Management to move headquarters from DC to Colorado

36001151_1024k.jpg

I’ve been reading a lot about this lately. Only 4% of the employees are in D,C, and the majority of those are high-level managers.

Around 300 BLM employees are expected to relocate out West under the move with at least 50 going to a newly created headquarters in Grand Junction, Colo., and the rest divided among the western states of Utah, Nevada and others, a spokesperson for Rep. Rob Bishop (R-Utah) confirmed to The Hill.

And some other government agencies are planning similar moves. And the unions are trying to fight them.

The decision to move West comes as other agencies are also planning to relocate parts of their teams. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has moved employees around several of its offices outside of D.C., and the U.S. Department of Agriculture gave more than 500 employees until Monday to decide whether to move to the Kansas City area.

Recently, Trump said he was going to move the Dept. of Agriculture to Kansas. That got the unions riled up too.

36001151_1024k.jpg

Recently, Trump said he was going to move the Dept. of Agriculture to Kansas. That got the unions riled up too.

Yah, that would have made a lot of sense considering they would have to drive or fly at least 600 miles to actually see what they were trying to administer.

36001151_1024k.jpg

I am not sure that is really possible. Agriculture is a massive federal agency that has its hands in a lot more stuff than people realize.

36001151_1024k.jpg

I am not sure that is really possible. Agriculture is a massive federal agency that has its hands in a lot more stuff than people realize.

I would think that putting it in Ohio or Indiana or the like would make more sense.

36001151_1024k.jpg

Kansas is in the center of the country and it makes sense to have the Department where the action is centered.

36001151_1024k.jpg

Kansas is in the center of the country and it makes sense to have the Department where the action is centered.

Have you ever been to kansas?

36001151_1024k.jpg

Have you ever been to kansas?

Yes and it's an ideal location for those government pricks.

I think what will happen is that most of them will take early retirements. That means those who are already in the Heartland will step up to fill the positions being sent their way.

A small portion will remain in D.C to act as liaison with Congress.

Forum List

Back