Building the Border Fence - A Public/Private Partnership

The Saudis are building an 800 mile fence, so why is it nuts for the U.S. to build a 2000 mile fence?

Don't forget, the Saudis have hundreds of trillions to spend from our over-priced gasoline.

The economy of the United States is 50 times bigger than the Saudi economy. The claim that they can afford it and we can't is beyond absurd.

What points were ignored? 10 times as many border guards are required without a fence than with a fence. The fence makes guarding the border cheaper. All those against building a fence are actually against sealing the border. They support illegal immigration.

You aren't fooling anyone.
I am not really sure that it would stop the immigrants because of all of reasons previously mentioned ( bribing guards, tunneling, going around the fence, etc) , but it would sure make one hell of a turist attraction : the XXI century version of China's great wall.

The economy of the United States is 50 times bigger than the Saudi economy. The claim that they can afford it and we can't is beyond absurd.

They also have Masarti police cars. Ever been to Dubai? I have. It's pure opulence.

A GDP of $776B is nothing to laugh at for a country the size of Georgia. (that's a state in the US) Slave labor and personal wealth in the trillions.

What points were ignored? 10 times as many border guards are required without a fence than with a fence. The fence makes guarding the border cheaper. All those against building a fence are actually against sealing the border. They support illegal immigration.

You aren't fooling anyone.
I am not really sure that it would stop the immigrants because of all of reasons previously mentioned ( bribing guards, tunneling, going around the fence, etc) , but it would sure make one hell of a turist attraction : the XXI century version of China's great wall.

I've dealt with all the stated objections. They are all absurd.

They also have Masarti police cars. Ever been to Dubai? I have. It's pure opulence.

A GDP of $776B is nothing to laugh at for a country the size of Georgia. (that's a state in the US) Slave labor and personal wealth in the trillions.

Our GDP is $17 trillion. Case closed.

A 2,000 mile fence.

You people are fucking nuts.
Yeah, i guess the right may believe, money grows on trees or something, so we can lower taxes with any speculation of any "bumper crop".

Please stop spewing your idiocies in my thread.

sorry dude; my medication is for Exogenous, cognitive dissonance. you merely need a clue and a Cause.

It's no surprise that you're on medication.

A 2,000 mile fence.

You people are fucking nuts.
Yeah, i guess the right may believe, money grows on trees or something, so we can lower taxes with any speculation of any "bumper crop".

Please stop spewing your idiocies in my thread.

sorry dude; my medication is for Exogenous, cognitive dissonance. you merely need a clue and a Cause.

It's no surprise that you're on medication.
neither am i; even with a McCarthy era phrase in our pledge.

I find the corruption the strongest argument . A coyote or "poyero" will charge between 3,000 and 5,000 per person to take each person across the border. Now let's assume they handle groups of 10, and that half of the money is used for bribes. It is all a matter of how many agents they will have to bribe. If it is one agent,then recieving 25,000 just for turning the other way at the right time seems like a sound option. With five agents it would become harder 5,000 is not too compelling when you can loose your job and face jail time. So probably the answer would be to add more deterrents and more guards, which would increase the operating cost of the "fence".

Crossing the line Corruption at the border Center for Investigative Reporting
Teens Caught in Cartels Trafficking Crossfire - Vocativ

Ah, yes , another way to cross the border : ultralight aircraft.
Marijuana Smugglers using ultralight aircraft to carry marijuana - Los Angeles Times

I find the corruption the strongest argument . A coyote or "poyero" will charge between 3,000 and 5,000 per person to take each person across the border. Now let's assume they handle groups of 10, and that half of the money is used for bribes. It is all a matter of how many agents they will have to bribe. If it is one agent,then recieving 25,000 just for turning the other way at the right time seems like a sound option. With five agents it would become harder 5,000 is not too compelling when you can loose your job and face jail time. So probably the answer would be to add more deterrents and more guards, which would increase the operating cost of the "fence".

Crossing the line Corruption at the border Center for Investigative Reporting
Teens Caught in Cartels Trafficking Crossfire - Vocativ

Ah, yes , another way to cross the border : ultralight aircraft.
Marijuana Smugglers using ultralight aircraft to carry marijuana - Los Angeles Times
How is a Coyote going to drive his truck through the fence? If anything, the potential for corruption is greater without the fence. The fence eliminates the potential for corruption because it's a physical barrier that can't be bribed. Eliminating corruption is one of the best reasons for building the fence.

Last edited:
Just another government program from the right, blah...blah...blah. Are they going to insist we can lower taxes at the same time?

We really really do have a Commerce Clause; only Bad capitalists lose money on Commerce, especially at our borders.

Forum List

Back