Building the Border Fence - A Public/Private Partnership

How is a Coyote going to drive his truck through the fence? If anything, the potential for corruption is greater without the fence. The fence eliminates the potential for corruption because it's a physical barrier that can't be bribed. Eliminating corruption is one of the best reasons for building the fence.

They don't. They simply drive up to the fence, then they use a couple of ladders and cutters to get the persons across the fence ( or double fence), the guards are supposed to look to the other side while this happens. After that the illegals are on their own ... or the coyote could have a partner which picks them up after they cross the fence ( though that sounds like VIP service).

How is a Coyote going to drive his truck through the fence? If anything, the potential for corruption is greater without the fence. The fence eliminates the potential for corruption because it's a physical barrier that can't be bribed. Eliminating corruption is one of the best reasons for building the fence.

They don't. They simply drive up to the fence, then they use a couple of ladders and cutters to get the persons across the fence ( or double fence), the guards are supposed to look to the other side while this happens. After that the illegals are on their own ... or the coyote could have a partner which picks them up after they cross the fence ( though that sounds like VIP service).

Meanwhile half a dozen humVees drive up full of border guards and arrest them all. Do you actually imagine border guards are going to get away with ignoring people cutting a hole big enough to drive a truck through in three layers of fending? Seriously? How do they explain the gaping hole to their superiors? How do they explain their failure to pay attention to all the electronic monitoring that shows the fence is being compromised? Every guard within a mile of that hole would get sacked instantly.

Remember, this is the kind of fence we're talking about:

saudi-arabia-great-wall.jpg

Meanwhile half a dozen humVees drive up full of border guards and arrest them all. Do you actually imagine border guards are going to get away with ignoring people cutting a hole big enough to drive a truck through in three layers of fending? Seriously? How do they explain the gaping hole to their superiors? How do they explain their failure to pay attention to all the electronic monitoring that shows the fence is being compromised? Every guard within a mile of that hole would get sacked instantly.

Remember, this is the kind of fence we're talking about:

saudi-arabia-great-wall.jpg
Nice diagram.
That will surely stop illegal border crossings.

Nevertheless many immigrants cross the border legally.
"Our colleagues reported on a 2006 study by Pew, which they cited as the latest available. It estimated that out of 11.5 million to 12 million illegal immigrants in 2006, between 33 percent and 50 percent were "visa overstayers." The report split the difference by proposing a figure of 45 percent."

A big reason illegal immigrants become illegal is they change jobs U.S. Sen. Rand Paul says PolitiFact Wisconsin

Just charge Mexico $50,000 for every illegal that jumps our border BOOM problem solved.
But rather charge that amount for every illegal that gets legalized. Not everyone arrives to the US via an illegal crossing.
How did you get to the 50K figure? I was thinking of a similar figure 35K-60K, based on what the low income population earns in South America over a 10 year period.

Last edited:
Just charge Mexico $50,000 for every illegal that jumps our border BOOM problem solved.
But rather charge that amount for every illegal that gets legalized. Not everyone arrives to the US via an illegal crossing.
How did you get to the 50K figure? I was thinking of a similar figure 35K-60K, based on what the low income population earns in South America over a 10 year period.

I pulled that number out of thin air, I'd choose whatever number caused Mexico enough economic pain and suffering to put a stop to these assholes jumping our border.

That's right I said it, illegals are assholes! Who the fuck do they think they are jumping our border, breaking our laws, identify theft, meth trafficking, tax fraud. That's not the kind of immigrant I want joining our great country. And WTF after trillions of dollars and decades of effort we still have millions of our own citizens living in poverty we can't afford to import another 10 million from Mexico.

I pulled that number out of thin air, I'd choose whatever number caused Mexico enough economic pain and suffering to put a stop to these assholes jumping our border.

That's right I said it, illegals are assholes! Who the fuck do they think they are jumping our border, breaking our laws, identify theft, meth trafficking, tax fraud. That's not the kind of immigrant I want joining our great country. And WTF after trillions of dollars and decades of effort we still have millions of our own citizens living in poverty we can't afford to import another 10 million from Mexico.

I tend to blame it on NAFTA and corn dump.

"Those displaced workers are largely the result of U.S. corn exports to Mexico. Heavily subsidized American Agribusiness not only put hundreds of thousands of American family farms out of business, but also dumped billions of dollars worth of American agricultural products into the Mexican market, putting millions of peasant farmers out of business."

I find it hard to believe that one single product created such havoc, but it seems to be the main reason at least regarding to the explosion in the number of mexican immigrants.
Illegal Immigration and NAFTA Economy In Crisis

Let's say it again. If Texas wants to secede and any other southern border state....build the fence yourself.

This idea should make liberal heads explode, the main reason being that it would obviously work:

US-Mexico Border Tighter Border Security Requires Mexico s Cooperation

To quickly secure our Southern Border, open the construction of the border fence to public and private sponsorship. Crowd source it.

If individuals, private organizations, and state or local governments with jurisdiction were allowed to finance construction of one mile segments, build out would occur quickly, leaving only a subset for the Federal Government to finance.

What do you think of this as a "power down" solution for a future Republican Administration?

Let's say it again. If Texas wants to secede and any other southern border state....build the fence yourself.

Those people would shit a brick if they had to start paying Americans to do the jobs that the illegals are willing to do.

I tend to blame it on NAFTA and corn dump.

"Those displaced workers are largely the result of U.S. corn exports to Mexico. Heavily subsidized American Agribusiness not only put hundreds of thousands of American family farms out of business, but also dumped billions of dollars worth of American agricultural products into the Mexican market, putting millions of peasant farmers out of business."

I find it hard to believe that one single product created such havoc, but it seems to be the main reason at least regarding to the explosion in the number of mexican immigrants.
Illegal Immigration and NAFTA Economy In Crisis

You're forgetting that we import billions of dollars worth of tomatoes, strawberries, lettuce and other labor intensive produce from Mexico.

This idea should make liberal heads explode, the main reason being that it would obviously work:

To quickly secure our Southern Border, open the construction of the border fence to public and private sponsorship. Crowd source it.

If individuals, private organizations, and state or local governments with jurisdiction were allowed to finance construction of one mile segments, build out would occur quickly, leaving only a subset for the Federal Government to finance.

What do you think of this as a "power down" solution for a future Republican Administration?
why would it make liberals head explode? these people want to pay for it via private and local, more power to them.i mean its not really going to work, but hey go for it.

Who wants to guess at how much a 2,000 mile "fence" would cost and how long it would take to build?

You're forgetting that we import billions of dollars worth of tomatoes, strawberries, lettuce and other labor intensive produce from Mexico.
Nope.
Millions of persons depended on corn, it provided the livelyhood of millions of farmers, while only a few thousands are in the fruit / vegetables business. The problem was that NAFTA put small farmers out of business. Only big farmers were able to cope with the price changes from US.
So NAFTA impoverished millions and made a few thousand farmers richer... and then created a huge immigration problem for the US.

Historically the only walls or fences that have been effective were the ones that the governments in charge of them were willing to shoot to kill anyone attempting to go over or under them. Remarkably that aspect of the successful barriers has not been discussed. Make illegal entry a capital crime and see how many attempt it.

Just sayin....

Historically the only walls or fences that have been effective were the ones that the governments in charge of them were willing to shoot to kill anyone attempting to go over or under them. Remarkably that aspect of the successful barriers has not been discussed. Make illegal entry a capital crime and see how many attempt it.

Just sayin....
Some on the left believe we should merely employ our Commerce Clause; the amusement park model could be a profit center as the Great Walls of America.

The best way to keep immigrants out is to elect another Republican president to crash the economy like Bush did. Immigration dropped off steeply after that and only picked up again after Obama fixed the economy.

Only when they have an army on the wall.

Is this the GOP jobs plan?

We already have an army on the border. A well designed fence makes their job 10 times easier. There simply is no valid reason for not building a fence.
There's already a fence in place.
What do you want to do ? Build it higher? Add a moat?
It still needs one patrol every 200 yds or so. This actually means a force of 20,000 to 30,000 men to keep an eye on the wall.
And then there's the fact that illegals could then go by boat instead.
You could put a millon man army on the fence and it still would not stop the illegals from coming over. The sad fact is it would just give the illegals more people to help them come into the USA. Duh!! When are you guys gonna figure out what's going on down there?

What utter horseshit. I'll just right you off as a moron.
You are NOT LISTENING. The people we are paying to guard the border have been ORDERED to render assistance to illegals crossing into the USA. THEY HAVE BEEN ORDERED TO HELP THEM CROSS, HELP THEM COME TO AMERICA, HELP THEM NOT STOP THEM FROM COMING. HOW MANY MORE PEOPLE DO YOU WANT TO SEND TO THE BORDER TO HELP THEM IMMIGRATE ILLEGALLY?
That isn't true.

Who wants to guess at how much a 2,000 mile "fence" would cost and how long it would take to build?

The cost of the 600 mile Saudi fence will be $3.5 billion. 2000 miles would be about 3 1/2 times longer, so the cost would be $12.25 billion, a trivial amount when you consider the cost of welfare benefits for all the illegal aliens the fence will stop. It will also reduce the number of personnel required to defend the border.

Forum List

Back