Bubba Makes the Case for Obama

Aug 7, 2012
If you have a former president , Bill Clinton, who is considered to have been a good president with successful policies, etc. for the most part, it stands to reason that if he praises Obama, people will take it seriously. He said in his speech at the convention, things are different today than they were when he was in office and that Obama inherited a worse economy than he did. If you listened to the details, you will know that and most people will believe it.

Among other things it was a pretty powerful rebuttal of republican political & economic dogma. He was effective at dismantling the GOP medicare plan.

Enter the man who signed the original 1996 welfare reform bill into law.

"This is personal to me," Clinton said. "....But I am telling you the claim that President Obama weakened welfare reform's work requirement is just not true. But they keep on running ads claiming it. You want to know why? Their campaign pollster said, 'We are not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers.' " The Romney campaign made a gamble with its Clinton praise. Wednesday was a case study in the inherent pitfalls of that sort of approach.

He compared the beginning of the recovery under his presidency to today under Obama:

Obama was starting with a much weaker economy, he said -- and "no president" could repair the damage in a single term. "But he has the foundation for a new modern, successful economy of prosperity. If you renew the president's contract, you will feel it. You will feel it." In other words: an Obama second-term economy would look a lot like mine.

:clap2::clap2:

LINK

Last edited:
HE sold his soul for the Party after the way Obama treated Hillary when she was running for President

bravo Billy boy...take one for the party by golly, party over country or standing up for your wife, but it's not the first time for you, is it:eusa_clap:

• Banned
Neither Bill nor Hillary are going to sell out to the RNC. They both want to remain in the party for their own reasons and a good part of that I think is despite Hillary's treatment in 2008 they remain true to most of the party's principles. In a way that was harder to do than selling out.

In 1999 Bill Clinton caused the banking mess that blew on Bush's watch, but of course we should believe him now.....what a joke.

He also helped cause 9-11 on Bush's watch.

Clinton will be a pile of shit once the historians get done with him, they're just waiting for him to die from some STD.

You Dems would be ashamed (if it were possible for you to experience that particular emotion) at the sad state of your candidate. He can't run on his own record. It sucks just that bad. So, he runs on the nostalgia of Bill Clinton's, since people don't seem to be able to remember Clinton's mistakes as they actually were. Pathetic.

Forum List

Back