Bryan Christopher Kohberger may be innocent, we don't know yet?

It's fun to play police detective, but let's give the Idaho police some credit. They've handled the case and all the media scrutiny very well. They have a lot more than just DNA evidence, and probably more than what has been publicly released.

Richard Speck did it with 8 student nurses sleeping in their beds

One woman, Corazon Amurao, escaped death because she crawled and hid under a bed while Speck was out of the room. Speck possibly lost count or might have known eight women lived in the townhouse but was unaware that a ninth woman was spending the night. Amurao stayed hidden until almost 6 a.m.[11]

Fingerprints found at the scene were matched to Speck.

He is probably guilty as hell.

However, remember what the police did to Richard Jewell?

It must be proven in a court of law.

seems he was trailing them according to his cell phone pings...theories are just going crazy....there are so many questions...did the doors have locks to the bedrooms? how did he overcome 4 people...that is going to wear you out...stabbing that many people...one right after another...but i dont know the effects of 'molly' etc....seems the police followed him and "his dad" wtf? would they be looking for his dna? was he planning the perfect crime...cause he really blew that all to hell...cameras...you cant escape them
how did he overcome 4 people...that is going to wear you out...stabbing that many people...one right after another..

I don't know how.

He is probably guilty as hell.

However, remember what the police did to Richard Jewell?

It must be proven in a court of law.
Richard Allensworth Jewell (born Richard White;[1] December 17, 1962 – August 29, 2007) was an American security guard and law enforcement officer who alerted police during the Centennial Olympic Park bombing at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia. He discovered a backpack containing three pipe bombs on the park grounds[1] and helped evacuate the area before the bomb exploded, saving many people from injury or death.[3] For months afterward he was suspected of planting the bomb, leading to adverse publicity that "came to symbolize the excesses of law enforcement and the news media."[3]
------------------------------------------

I sort of remember it.

I didn't hear that, they used genetic genealogy.

From the article you linked:

Police reportedly identified the suspect in the fatal stabbings of four Idaho students through genealogy.

A law enforcement source familiar with the matter told CNN that police found unknown DNA at the scene of the killings. However, the DNA didn't match anything within the police system, so police utilized genealogical techniques. The unknown DNA was run through a public database, which identified relatives of the suspect.

Richard Allensworth Jewell (born Richard White;[1] December 17, 1962 – August 29, 2007) was an American security guard and law enforcement officer who alerted police during the Centennial Olympic Park bombing at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia. He discovered a backpack containing three pipe bombs on the park grounds[1] and helped evacuate the area before the bomb exploded, saving many people from injury or death.[3] For months afterward he was suspected of planting the bomb, leading to adverse publicity that "came to symbolize the excesses of law enforcement and the news media."[3]
------------------------------------------

I sort of remember it.
The police were under tremendous pressure to find the bomber and although the evidence they had against Jewell was really really weak they (aided by the news media) jumped on him and pretty well runied his life. He was innocent.

Lets hope the Moscow police have real evidence against Kohberger.

He is confessing all over the place.

A law enforcement source familiar with the matter told CNN that police found unknown DNA at the scene of the killings. However, the DNA didn't match anything within the police system, so police utilized genealogical techniques. The unknown DNA was run through a public database, which identified relatives of the suspect.
snip
California investigators were able to take DNA from a crime scene and use a public DNA database to trace it through his relatives and back to him.

How does genetic genealogy work?
Genetic genealogy uses autosomal DNA single nucleotide polymorphisms to discover recent common ancestors between two or more people. This is done by examining the SNPs on your chromosomes and comparing them to other people's chromosomes. If two people share a long stretch of DNA, it is likely they share a common ancestor.

I knew if this a conservative website, public DNA is not a source entailed by privacy. I don't care what the article says, unless they find DNA at the scene of the murders he can't be tried for murdering anyone.

he's a 1/1032 match to Lizzy Cheekbones!

He is confessing all over the place.
Wonder if he's looking for an insanity defense

A-Ha! I knew them damn geneaology things would be uploaded to a national database!

Must have been the "Subsequent investigative work" that raised him from a person of interest to a suspect and then lead to his arrest. The DNA thing was just a tool in the tool box.

And now they can see if the DNA matches him exactly, which is what they will use at trial, if it is his DNA.

Wonder if he's looking for an insanity defense
That's possible. Although criminals convinced of their own brilliance seldom use an insanity defense. It might be a psychotic break. If he tries this nonsense outside of his cage it will be a real short time behind bars. He will be in really small pieces.

Forum List

Back