Bruce Rauner’s Right-to-Work Bill Can’t Get a Single ‘Yes’ Vote—Even from Republicans

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
The 118-member House of Representatives delivered an embarrassing rebuke to Rauner on Thursday with an overwhelming defeat in of one of his top priorities, a right-to-work law, by a margin of 0 in favor, 72 opposed and 37 voting present (as Rauner requested, with one Republican amid the 72 opposed and other Republicans leaving to avoid any vote). What made the vote even more unusual is that the right-to-work proposal was introduced by the Democratic House Majority Leader Michael Madigan, not Rauner.
Bruce Rauner s Right-to-Work Bill Can t Get a Single Yes Vote Even from Republicans - Working In These Times

I hate Madigan but, even I have to say: Well played.

The 118-member House of Representatives delivered an embarrassing rebuke to Rauner on Thursday with an overwhelming defeat in of one of his top priorities, a right-to-work law, by a margin of 0 in favor, 72 opposed and 37 voting present (as Rauner requested, with one Republican amid the 72 opposed and other Republicans leaving to avoid any vote). What made the vote even more unusual is that the right-to-work proposal was introduced by the Democratic House Majority Leader Michael Madigan, not Rauner.
Bruce Rauner s Right-to-Work Bill Can t Get a Single Yes Vote Even from Republicans - Working In These Times

I hate Madigan but, even I have to say: Well played.

Well as always the far left will not present the real facts..

Thursday’s vote was 0-72-37. The Democrats who control the House cast “no” votes. The entire Republican caucus, with the exception of one member, voted present because they said the vote wasa “political sham.”

Forum List

Back