Browns tired of Johnny Manziel's antics, point to release

Kat

Retired Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2008
The Browns are about to throw Johnny Football away.
The team issued a strong statement Tuesday, condemning quarterback Johnny Manziel's actions and pointing to his release in March, a move that has seemed inevitable for months.

The conduct by the 23-year-old player - rampant partying, two domestic incidents and a general lack of commitment - have been a major problem almost from the day Cleveland drafted the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner in the first round two years ago.

Last weekend, Manziel was involved in a disturbance with his ex-girlfriend in Dallas that is being investigated by police and the NFL.

''We've been clear about expectations for our players on and off the field,'' said Sashi Brown, the team's vice president of football operations. ''Johnny's continual involvement in incidents that run counter to those expectations undermines the hard work of his teammates and the reputation of our organization. His status with our team will be addressed when permitted by league rules.''

The Browns, who drafted Manziel with the No. 22 overall pick in the 2014 draft, can release him as early as Monday, the day after the Super Bowl. But salary-cap implications point to the move happening March 9, when the league's new year begins.

Browns appear likely to release Manziel

I was tired of him the first time I knew of him. He may have gotten away with this crap in college, but it's not working in the pros. He's made his own bed..

I was tired of him the first time I knew of him. He may have gotten away with this crap in college, but it's not working in the pros. He's made his own bed..

yeah the thing is that when he was in college he was the king of the hill used to getting everything he wanted,he was probably stupid enough to believe he would be the king of the hill in the NFL as well and get away with it also.couldnt have been mpre wrong.

Yeah I was automatically turned off by him the first time i saw him out of college as well when he gave the money sign after being drafted by the Browns and making a commercial when he hadnt even done a damn thing in the NFL.it was like who the hell you think you are making commericals and flashing a dollar sign when you havent done a damn thing?

The sad thing is he had the talent to succeed but because he is so immature,he probably never will.pretty soon more than likely he wont even be a has been.well he can say he was has been from college but he wont be a has been from the NFL ever though.

Agreed. except I think it was even before college. He comes from a wealthy oil family, so my guess is he got what he wanted all his life.

A shame. He's finding out the hard way there is more in this world than momma and daddy.

Forum List

Back