"Brownie....You're Doin' A Helluva Job"

Remember Katrina and George W. Bush's totally unbelievable mishandling of the massive destruction and death in Louisiana, and Mississippi? I Do!

It wasn't as bad and irresponsible as Iraq but it was in the game.
You talking about when Nagin went to prison for corruption over the way he handled the money?
No, he's talking about how Bush and the republicans criminally mishandled the response to a national emergency and 1500 people died.

Care to explain how he mishandled it?
I mean I dont know how he could force all those people to leave that really wanted to hang out so they could loot all the empty houses.
But I guess the joke was on them in the end.

Remember Katrina and George W. Bush's totally unbelievable mishandling of the massive destruction and death in Louisiana, and Mississippi? I Do!

You talking about when Nagin went to prison for corruption over the way he handled the money?
unrelated to the hurricane..... but yeah.."Chocolate City" ray is in the joint for corruption.

Also unrelated to "Democrats"... Nagin's a lifelong Republican who ran as a Democrat because he knew no Republican had been elected to that office since the 19th century. It was a pragmatic move, not an idealistic one. He took a lot of heat for it at the time and endorsed/campaigned for Bush and Jindal.

No, he's talking about how Bush and the republicans criminally mishandled the response to a national emergency and 1500 people died.

Actually it was the Democrat Mayor of NO and the Democrat Governor of Louisiana that mishandled the emergency.
Why do still feel the need to protect the Bush administration at this late date? As I said earlier, I live on the Gulf coast and experienced first hand what a cluster fuck it was. 2005 was like a living hell at times and from my perspective the Bush administration did not give a fuck about anything except his god-damned war on terror.

Also unrelated to "Democrats"... Nagin's a lifelong Republican who ran as a Democrat because he knew no Republican had been elected to that office since the 19th century. It was a pragmatic move, not an idealistic one. He took a l
lot of heat for it at the time and endorsed/campaigned for Bush and Jindal.

God but you're a fucking liar.

{Several news sources, including BBC News,[16][17][18] have stated that Nagin was a registered Republican for most of his adult life, and a George W. Bush supporter, but switched to the Democratic Party shortly before seeking office. In 2004, he endorsed John Kerry for president.[12][19] In a January 13, 2006 interview on the Tavis Smiley Show, Nagin himself denied these rumors, stating that he "never was a Republican" and that he has been a "life-long Democrat",[20] and several news organizations that reported he was a Republican issued retractions.[21}

The lazy negros were warned to leave town

Know when I got the word about the storm, little boy in a tank?

Saturday afternoon (27th). A co-worker called me and said, 'so what are you gonna do about the storm?"
I said, "what storm"? It was the first I had heard of it. By later that day both the mayor and the governor were on TV telling everybody to get out.

She hit in the dawn hours of the 29th, or about 36 hours later. That's how little time we had. And the evacuation took seven of those hours, on a trip that normally takes three.

You try to pull shit outta your ass about events you clearly know nothing about, you're gonna get embarrassed here.

Just try me.

Why do still feel the need to protect the Bush administration at this late date? As I said earlier, I live on the Gulf coast and experienced first hand what a cluster fuck it was. 2005 was like a living hell at times and from my prospective the Bush administration did not give a fuck about anything except his god-damned war on terror.

Why do you still feel the need to lie through your fucking teeth to smear them?

Ah yes, the Hillary problem...

mrz082615dAPR20150825114547.jpg

Saturday afternoon (27th). A co-worker called me and said, 'so what are you gonna do about the storm?"
I said, "what storm"?
She hit in the dawn hours of the 29th. That's how little time we had.

You try to pull shit outta your ass about events you clearly know nothing about, you're gonna get embarrassed here.

Just try me.
Do they not have weather on TV in Buttfuck Bayou, LA?

I said, "what storm"? It was the first I had heard of it. By later that day both the mayor and the governor were on TV telling everybody to get out.

She hit in the dawn hours of the 29th, or about 36 hours later. That's how little time we had. And the evacuation took seven of those hours, on a trip that normally takes three.

Just try me.

Did you sit on your front porch waiting for George Bush to carry you out on his back?

During Katrina, Bush used strategery by flying over the city rather than driving through it. "Ya see, that way the terrorists can't win by hating our freedom".

I'm sure Bush told Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rove, Satan that they all did a 'heckuva job' on Iraq.

He still does. Because fact isn't a necessary commodity in the conservative mind.

Bush was returning from a trip to the west coast and diverted to fly over NO. No President would have landed with no preparation by the Secret Service and a plan to meet with the appropriate state officials. They were all to busy trying to cover cover their ass for not being prepared for a cat 4 Hurricane when they had ample warning to evacuate.

Just try me.

I live on the Gulf Coast so you cant tell me shit about hurricanes.
But I can say you were obviously unprepared which is a sign of stupidity for someone who lives in N.O.

That's weird because I watched the committee meeting with the people who were actually there a few days ago on C-Span and they said it was Nagin and the Governor's fault. Not Bush.
Well of course there is plenty of blame to go around. I am not disputing that the state and local governments had a hand in the fuck-ups, I am disputing all you Bush apologists putting 100% of the blame on them.

I have to agree somewhat with you.
We can get the 82nd Airborne halfway around the world over night to invade another country but here...when citizens were struggling badly and dying.... they couldn't figure out what to do for days....

there was an obvious healthcare crisis...the u.s. navy has the most advanced hospital ships built...sail a couple up the river and dock them and immediately begin helping..but no...

The u.s. army has entire divisions of Combat Engineers whose job is to fix badly broken stuff in a war zone..deploy a couple of battallions of them and let's get busy...but no...

Yes..the governor has to make the call and she was fricking clueless..that's when a leader would have stepped forward and said a disaster like this supercedes any political maneuvering...but no...

So yeah..let's elect ANOTHER career politician to the white house..what could go wrong?
Our current FEMA director is pretty good, all it takes is not filling up appointments with unqualified yes-men as Bush did.

Sandy was a complete fuck up.
Who's watch did that happen on again?

Actually it was the Democrat Mayor of NO and the Democrat Governor of Louisiana that mishandled the emergency.
Why do still feel the need to protect the Bush administration at this late date? As I said earlier, I live on the Gulf coast and experienced first hand what a cluster fuck it was. 2005 was like a living hell at times and from my perspective the Bush administration did not give a fuck about anything except his god-damned war on terror.

Is that why Army helicopters were picking up survivors as soon as the wind died down enough to safely fly? You have an agenda and nothing Bush did or did not do would satisfy you.

Nagin dropped the ball ball when he didn't order MANDATORY evacuations, and actually allowed THOUSANDS of buses to just sit there and be destroyed.

More Philistine pig-ignorance from armchair Katrinites who weren't there.

There's no evidence the mayor of New Orleans has either the authority or the logistical ability to commandeer school buses (which were in the suburbs, not the city), find drivers and routes for them, or even that they were in a condition to do the job. It's a picture taken by a helicopter dangled out as bait to jump to conclusions -- which you did.

As for the mandatory evacuation:
Nagin orders first-ever mandatory evacuation of New Orleans (NOLA.com)

Where do you get this shit? Dimbart?

That's weird because I watched the committee meeting with the people who were actually there a few days ago on C-Span and they said it was Nagin and the Governor's fault. Not Bush.
Well of course there is plenty of blame to go around. I am not disputing that the state and local governments had a hand in the fuck-ups, I am disputing all you Bush apologists putting 100% of the blame on them.
Gee, and YOU have been trying to put 100% of the blame on Bush...

if it were not for the fact that Bush is white and NO is mostly black this story would never have seen this level of outrage.

Nagin dropped the ball ball when he didn't order MANDATORY evacuations, and actually allowed THOUSANDS of buses to just sit there and be destroyed.

More Philistine pig-ignorance from armchair Katrinites who weren't there.

There's no evidence the mayor of New Orleans has either the authority or the logistical ability to commandeer school buses (which were in the suburbs, not the city), find drivers and routes for them, or even that they were in a condition to do the job. It's a picture taken by a helicopter dangled out as bait to jump to conclusions -- which you did.

As for the mandatory evacuation:
Nagin orders first-ever mandatory evacuation of New Orleans (NOLA.com)

Where do you get this shit? Dimbart?
So how do you excuse the fact dumbass Democrats didn't leave?

Forum List

Back