"Brownie....You're Doin' A Helluva Job"

Remember Katrina and George W. Bush's totally unbelievable mishandling of the massive destruction and death in Louisiana, and Mississippi? I Do!

It wasn't as bad and irresponsible as Iraq but it was in the game.
You talking about when Nagin went to prison for corruption over the way he handled the money?
No, he's talking about how Bush and the republicans criminally mishandled the response to a national emergency and 1500 people died.

Another moron that believes the feds should come in and do the states job.

disagree..the reason the city flooded was Corps of Engineers faulty levee construction.
We pay taxes too and when there are fires or earthquakes or other natural disasters (part of) the gvt job is to assist those in need.
Don't blame them, they were in the middle of a project that was supposed to be getting about $20 million a year but was getting about $2 million. The war got the levy funds, what a waste.

Remember Katrina and George W. Bush's totally unbelievable mishandling of the massive destruction and death in Louisiana, and Mississippi? I Do!

You talking about when Nagin went to prison for corruption over the way he handled the money?
No, he's talking about how Bush and the republicans criminally mishandled the response to a national emergency and 1500 people died.

I have to agree somewhat with you.
We can get the 82nd Airborne halfway around the world over night to invade another country but here...when citizens were struggling badly and dying.... they couldn't figure out what to do for days....

there was an obvious healthcare crisis...the u.s. navy has the most advanced hospital ships built...sail a couple up the river and dock them and immediately begin helping..but no...

The u.s. army has entire divisions of Combat Engineers whose job is to fix badly broken stuff in a war zone..deploy a couple of battallions of them and let's get busy...but no...

Yes..the governor has to make the call and she was fricking clueless..that's when a leader would have stepped forward and said a disaster like this supercedes any political maneuvering...but no...

So yeah..let's elect ANOTHER career politician to the white house..what could go wrong?

Because FEMA is the first responder, and not a funding agency to rebuild..

Leftists - sure they're lying twats - but they make up for it with stupidity...
You could look back at the bungled response by FEMA or you could continue to look like you lost all memory of one of our worst man-made disasters.

You could look back at the bungled response by FEMA or you could continue to look like you lost all memory of one of our worst man-made disasters.
You DO realize that practically all of the deaths happened in the immediate aftermath of the Hurricane, before state and local leaders asked for federal help, right????

You must think Bush was GOD if you think that was "man made".

I have to agree somewhat with you.
We can get the 82nd Airborne halfway around the world over night to invade another country but here...when citizens were struggling badly and dying.... they couldn't figure out what to do for days....

there was an obvious healthcare crisis...the u.s. navy has the most advanced hospital ships built...sail a couple up the river and dock them and immediately begin helping..but no...

The u.s. army has entire divisions of Combat Engineers whose job is to fix badly broken stuff in a war zone..deploy a couple of battallions of them and let's get busy...but no...

Yes..the governor has to make the call and she was fricking clueless..that's when a leader would have stepped forward and said a disaster like this supercedes any political maneuvering...but no...

So yeah..let's elect ANOTHER career politician to the white house..what could go wrong?
Our current FEMA director is pretty good, all it takes is not filling up appointments with unqualified yes-men as Bush did.

Trying to change the subject, divert, disrupt, troll...

Let's see here. Are you saying that president Obama should not have sent relief to the thousands of fires which are blazing out west right now?

You DO realize that practically all of the deaths happened in the immediate aftermath of the Hurricane, before state and local leaders asked for federal help, right????

You must think Bush was GOD if you think that was "man made".
The Katrina disaster was only a disaster because the federally managed flood/levy system had been neglected and the emergency response was fucked-up.

Our current FEMA director is pretty good, all it takes is not filling up appointments with unqualified yes-men as Bush did.

Craig Fugate is no different at all than Brown. The only difference is that he doesn't have an army of demagogues openly lying about him in order to slander his boss, the way Brown did.

The job of Brown in Katrina was to go in after the disaster, assess the damage, and provide funds. That the DNC controlled press decided to fucking lie and pretend that FEMA was the fire department that should have been saving people is just a sign of how fucked up the scum on the left are. FEMA has never been a first responder, that a corrupt press decided to portray them as such to slander a president they hated is shameful beyond all measure.

Actually it was the Democrat Mayor of NO and the Democrat Governor of Louisiana that mishandled the emergency.

During Katrina, Bush used strategery by flying over the city rather than driving through it. "Ya see, that way the terrorists can't win by hating our freedom".

I'm sure Bush told Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rove, Satan that they all did a 'heckuva job' on Iraq.

He still does. Because fact isn't a necessary commodity in the conservative mind.

Let's see here. Are you saying that president Obama should not have sent relief to the thousands of fires which are blazing out west right now?
I'm not against the aid when it's requested. But what if Obama did like the Democrats did during Katrina and left those people there to die? Could YOU live with THAT???

The people running the State and the city of NO didn't evacuate them.

Actually Brownie wasn't clueless. He was making the case for preparation quite strongly but had his hands tied by Chertoff.

disagree..the reason the city flooded was Corps of Engineers faulty levee construction.
We pay taxes too and when there are fires or earthquakes or other natural disasters (part of) the gvt job is to assist those in need.

Exactly. And that's been established in court.

Why hasn't Fugate and FEMA put those fires out? What the fuck? Obama doesn't care because the victims are white. FEMA should be stopping the fires. Obama is incompetent because FEMA is letting the fires burn!

Only difference between that bullshit and what you filth did with Brown is that the corrupt press isn't pushing it.

That's weird because I watched the committee meeting with the people who were actually there a few days ago on C-Span and they said it was Nagin and the Governor's fault. Not Bush.

Forum List

Back