Brown Case Shows Need for Street Cameras

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by protectionist, Aug 18, 2014.

1. protectionist

protectionist Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,281
    Being all powerful is not necessarily consistent with being malicious. The good or evil of a democratic republic govt (as we have in the US), a is a function of how much we, as citizens, control it with our input, or allow it to run amok without our management, as is our responsibility.
    This is how govt "becomes" what is is, not how knowing it is. If we manage OUR govt correctly, then more it knows, the better, to PROTECT us from al Qaeda, ISIS, MS 13, street gangs, etc.

2. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,281
    You firmly FOOLISHLY state it (as I described in Post # 210).

3. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,281
    That is about the most WRONG statement I've heard in years. Millions of people all over America have paid $100+ fines based on red light camera evidence, including me. I actually don't favor red light cameras simply because they can show motorists going though red lights when it wasn't that motorists fault (you sometimes have to stop while in the intersection)
    As far as general street cameras are concerned, they have been used in court numerous times all over America, to convict criminals, as well as to force the criminal to confess and plead guilty.
    This is very common, happening every day, and is the confirmation of the effectiveness of the camera/recorders.

4. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,281
    They were not intended to be traffic flow cams, they were intended to prevent accidents from red light runners, and in worst cases to catch red light runners who cause an accident and than flee from it (something ordinary street cameras would do)

5. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,281
    His make, model, year, and color of car could be detected as well as his license plate. I watched the video of my car turning right on red (without stopping first). I got a $150 fine, and my license plate # was crystal clear. You could even zoom in on it. At no time was I myself ever visible in the video. So your scenario of a kid with "cap, a hood and sunglasses" running lights is a moot point, entirely irrelevant.

6. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,281
    1. If you don't like the phrase ""In the time it took you to......yada yada yada", then why did YOU state it that way? I borrowed it from YOU , remember ? (Post # 120)

2. I don't know what you're talking about that would be embarrased about. (????)

3. You said it by having the ACLU in the title of the link. HA HA HA!! What's the matter ? Don't you read your own links ? >>> What s Wrong With Public Video Surveillance American Civil Liberties Union

4. The cameras most certainly DO NOT have to do with "Big Brother". NO, He is NOT the one watching them. There IS NO "Big Brother" except in you paranoid, over-subjective mind. The idea of gov't employees playing voyeur with our wives & daughters, is CYBER-STALKING. You know, Like YOU'VE been doing to me in the overly permissive forum for the past 3 months. It's a crime, and having worked is security with CCTV cameras for multiple agencies for years, I can tell you it isn't done there. It is something that is easily catchable, and punishable with jail time.

Cyberstalking and Cyberharassment Laws State Laws against Cyberbullying

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  7. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,903
    Was it in the title of the link? I didn't pay attention to the title. I was far more interested in the actual information contained in the article. You know, the stuff you can't read?

8. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,903
    And yes, I recognized the words I used when you refused to answer a simple question. I provided the answer in the form of a link. You are just too lazy to read it.

9. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,281
    HA HA. YOU KNOW it's in the title of the link - I just posted it, and so did YOU in my quote. :laugh:

Oh, I can read it, all right, Just like YOU can read the stuff in MY links. :D

10. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,281
    So if you recognized the words you used, then you should have been easily able to "recall" from just a few days ago, that the ACLU had "anything to do with the link" you posted, as well as being right in the title of that link, itself. Right ? Right WinterBorn ? Right ? Right ? :laugh: