Brokered Convention

I think he can. He has about 20% of the electorate who are fiercely loyal and will consider no one else. Most Republicans are on the "Anybody But Obama" train, and will back whoever the GOP nominates.

No Republican candidate can win in November without Ron Paul supporters, PERIOD.

Ron Paul can pull Indies and disaffected Dems, while the other guys can't.

If the GOP doesn't get their heads out of their collective asses, Obama wins in a cakewalk.

I think Jeb Bush could. He seems well-liked on the right and doesn't scare independents and swing voters.
Jeb's mother, Barbara, has endorsed Romney.

She's only got one vote. Realistically, do you think she'd stay with Mitt over her baby?

Yesterday's result suggests the convention in Tampa will be open. No one will be nominated on the first ballot, after that it will get very interesting. If no deal can be made between the staffs of the delegate leaders - Romney, Santorum, Gingrich - anything can happen.

Oh to be a fly on the wall and hear the promises made, the jobs offered and the backroom antics where bedfellows are strange. Had Palin not been tossed under the bus by Schmidt and Wallace and characterized as mentally ill in Game Change she might have been the nominee, or once again the choice for VP. That's very unlikely now.

Of course anything is possible, but I suspect the power elite (Big Money) will make the decision on who before allowing the convention to become chaotic. I'd bet the who will be Romney, and the VP will be someone they hope to groom for 2016.

Advantage Obama.

Last edited:
Gingrich seems to think he could get the nod at a brokered convention.

I seriously tried to give him a chance back somewhere around December before he showed how unstable he still is. He's like the Brett Favre of politics and this Packers fan wants him gone.

I dont pretend to know who will be the choice if we got to a brokered convention. Some of our best Presidents have come out of brokered conventions though. And I think if it is a brokered convention, it will work against the Democrats because the media ill be having a frenzy and the people will be paying attention more than if one person sailed into the convention as the nominee.

Sometimes God acts in mysterious ways.

I don't think God is terribly concerned with our primary process....

At any rate, unlike events of the past, this brokered convention will represent a lack of enthusiasm among GOP voters, as opposed to a glut of good candidates or two good candidates that are neck and neck. I think it would be a disaster, and the bigwigs know it, which is why they are desparate to avoid it.

Though, reading between the lines, it's obvious that the GOPs main concern is simply winning as opposed to having any real issues to try and sell.

Oh, God dabbles in just about everything. After all, what parent isn't concerned for the welfare of His children. He often lets us make our own choices and face the consequences of those choices.

Personally, I dont think there will be a brokered convention. But I dont think it would be a disaster if there was one.

I think Jeb Bush could. He seems well-liked on the right and doesn't scare independents and swing voters.
Jeb's mother, Barbara, has endorsed Romney.

She's only got one vote. Realistically, do you think she'd stay with Mitt over her baby?

Yes. From what I've heard she doesnt want any of her children involved in running the country after what the left did to her husband and son. Who could blame her?

Advantage Obama.

You really think Obama has an advantage in all this when the media will be given the GOP free publicity to go after Obama and he wont be able to focus any attacks on a single Republican?

I still think you guys are delusional for thinking the poor economy, the inflation in food and energy costs, and our massive deficit aren't going to reflect poorly on the President.

You guys are really loving Gingrich now, huh?

Some of his actions are rather amusing.

His purpose of staying in is mostly to take out Romney. Ironically, he may end up giving Romney the nomination by doing so.

Pride tends to blind people to the consequence of their actions.

Advantage Obama.

You really think Obama has an advantage in all this when the media will be given the GOP free publicity to go after Obama and he wont be able to focus any attacks on a single Republican?

I still think you guys are delusional for thinking the poor economy, the inflation in food and energy costs, and our massive deficit aren't going to reflect poorly on the President.

I wonder which media you're watching? Obama doesn't need to focus attacks on the three 'amigos'; they do a pretty good job of attacking each other.

I see Obama's steady leadership and efforts to improve the lives of all Americans as the most effective method to solve our economic problems. Helping only the very wealthy and expecting the benefits they receive will trickle down is what I consider delusional.

trickledown.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back