Broadcaster Freedom Act

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
I just received this email (apparently I'm on a mailing list). Thought I'd pass it along.

From the Desk of:
Brent Bozell, Founder and President

MEDIA RESEARCH CENTER
7/10/2009

J.,

Congressman Mike Pence just called to alert me that he and his fellow Congressman and free speech champion Greg Walden will try to have the Broadcaster Freedom Act – which will help protect talk radio from Obama’s FCC – added as an amendment to the Financial Services budget bill on Tuesday.

But Congressman Pence tells me that Speaker Pelosi won’t allow it – UNLESS WE DEMAND THAT SHE DO SO.

So we need you – our valued MRC Action team members – to locate your Representatives phone number here and call and fax them today, all weekend, and all day Monday, and demand that he or she tell Speaker Pelosi to allow a full, fair up or down vote on the Broadcaster Freedom Amendment.

The time is now to protect talk radio! Please, pick up the phone and start dialing right away. And don’t stop; we need you to call all weekend long and all day Monday.

This is one of those vital moments, Ladies and Gentlemen. Please call your Representative right now, and keep it going throughout the weekend and on Monday.

Thank you for this, and for all you do for free speech and the MRC.

L. Brent Bozell, III
P.S. Reinforce your phone calls by faxing key members of Congress.

I have just one question.

If the First Amendment is not enough to protect talk radio, why doesn't the Congressman introduce a bill (with nothing attached to it) that enforces and protects not only talk radio, but the First Amendment?

Why make an obscure attachment to another bill?

Okay, thats two questions.

Forum List

Back