Broadcast ax: Cancelled shows 2012-13 (so far)

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Did anyone watch any of the below or will any be missed?

I don't have cable but that is nearly the only quality TV anymore. (minus news and sports) Those cable shows I can see are either on Hulu or Netflix (or DVD) and there is more than enough there for my kind of viewing.

Broadcast ax: Cancelled shows 2012-13 | Inside TV | EW.com

Deception (NBC): Cancelled.
Animal Practice (NBC): Put down.
Do No Harm (NBC): Harmed.
30 Rock (NBC): Over.
Guys with Kids (NBC): You can’t believe how cancelled this is.
The Office (NBC): Closed.
Smash (NBC): Smushed.
Up All Night (NBC): Christina Applegate quit: This was cancelled … by its own star!
Whitney (NBC): Thankfully.
1600 Penn (NBC): Impeached.
Made in Jersey (CBS): Terminated.
Private Practice (ABC): Spin-off heaven.
Partners (CBS): Dumped
Ben & Kate (Fox): & Cancelled.
Vegas (CBS): Lost.
Go On (NBC): Get out.
Fringe (Fox): R.I.P.
Touch (Fox): Touchable.
The Job (CBS): What?
The Mob Doctor (Fox): Ha! That title. Yeah. Deceased.
Don’t Trust the B– in Apt. 23 (ABC): Speaking of: Did anyone really believe a comedy with “B—-” in the title was going to last?
666 Park Avenue (ABC): Hellbound.
Last Resort (ABC): Indeed.
Rules of Engagement (CBS): Broken.
Golden Boy (CBS): Tarnished.
CSI: NY (CBS): Two down, one to go.
Zero Hour (ABC): Zero something all right.
Emily Owens, M.D. (The CW): Crashed.
How to Live with Your Parents (ABC): Evicted.
Red Widow (ABC): Swatted.
Body of Proof (ABC): D.O.A.
The New Normal (NBC): Or not.
Malibu Country (ABC): Overthrown.
Happy Endings (ABC): Until this happened.
90210 (The CW): Finished.
Cult (The CW): Unfollowed.

I liked the early years of The Office and Fringe but both shows kinda fell off a cliff for me. Most of the rest I don't even recognise. I did see a few eps of Happy Endings on Hulu and thought that show was OK for what it was.

I've never even heard of most of those shows. The only one I've ever watched is "Fringe". I tried that when it first started, but couldn't get into it.

I've never even heard of most of those shows. The only one I've ever watched is "Fringe". I tried that when it first started, but couldn't get into it.

Fringe started OK as a monster of the week X-Files rip off but turned into another kind of show all together along the way becoming unwatchable.

Why in the hell can't they get rid of...
Survivor
Amazing Race
Big Brother
American Idol
Dancing with the Stars
Shark Tank
The Apprentice(Celebrity or otherwise)
The Bachelor(ette)
Wife Swap
Housewives
Kardashians

I would keep two
1. The Voice...for the quality
2. America's Got Talent...for the variety.

That's about it....I hate reality TV.

Why in the hell can't they get rid of...
Survivor
Amazing Race
Big Brother
American Idol
Dancing with the Stars
Shark Tank
The Apprentice(Celebrity or otherwise)
The Bachelor(ette)
Wife Swap
Housewives
Kardashians

I would keep two
1. The Voice...for the quality
2. America's Got Talent...for the variety.

That's about it....I hate reality TV.

I enjoy shark tank (kind of an inventor, so it's interesting to me). Amazing race is OK and Apprentice is wearing a bit thin, but the rest I agree with

Vegas - I'm a sucker for any show with 50+ year old cars.
Fringe - I only saw a couple of episoodes (on Sci I think) earlier this year.
Am intrigued enough to go back to the beginning on Netflix.

The only currently airing shows that I follow are HBO shows.

Anything else that I watch is either whatever police procedural is on USA or TNT at any given time, or on Netflix.

Anything else that I watch is either whatever police procedural is on USA or TNT at any given time, or on Netflix.

Police procedural? :eusa_eh:

Like Forensic Files or The First 48?

Netflix is expanding their presence by producing and airing its own content.
The kid has had about 10 interviews with them already. Wish they'd hurry up and hire him.

I liked Vegas. Thought that was a good show and it had a great cast. I also watched Fringe, but the series finale was months ago, so it's not news that it was over.

Police procedural? :eusa_eh:

Like Forensic Files or The First 48?

Netflix is expanding their presence by producing and airing its own content.
The kid has had about 10 interviews with them already. Wish they'd hurry up and hire him.

I mean "police procedural" as in the genre of TV show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_procedural

Like the Law & Orders, NCIS, the CSIs, Without a Trace, Cold Case, Criminal Minds, Numb3rs, and so on.

I've been a huge fan of Netflix ever since they introduced the Netflix streaming service on the Xbox Live network.

i mostly watch the series that are running on HBO,Showtime and Starz....and FX.....waiting for "Strike back" on Cinemax to start its new season....

i mostly watch the series that are running on HBO,Showtime and Starz....and FX.....waiting for "Strike back" on Cinemax to start its new season....

I watched Spartacus on Stars...I want to get into "game of thrones". I DVRed the first episode...but fell asleep while watching it. It's still on my playlist, but haven't gotten around to watching it again.

btw...third shift sucks....It's not worth the shift differential...$1/hr. I feel like I am always at a sleep deficit....which is why I fell asleep during GOT in the first place.

At least 'Elementary' will be back. Did any of you know that Jonny Lee Miller (Sherlock Holmes) was the villain Jordan Chase on the season of 'Dexter' with Lumen? He was the motivational speaker they were hunting.

He is also the first Mr. Angelina Jolie!

I'm looking forward to the next season of the Kevin Bacon paycheck 'The Following'. Mainly for James Purefoy, who is very good.

Did anyone watch any of the below or will any be missed?

I don't have cable but that is nearly the only quality TV anymore. (minus news and sports) Those cable shows I can see are either on Hulu or Netflix (or DVD) and there is more than enough there for my kind of viewing.

Broadcast ax: Cancelled shows 2012-13 | Inside TV | EW.com

Deception (NBC): Cancelled.
Animal Practice (NBC): Put down.
Do No Harm (NBC): Harmed.
30 Rock (NBC): Over.
Guys with Kids (NBC): You can’t believe how cancelled this is.
The Office (NBC): Closed.
Smash (NBC): Smushed.
Up All Night (NBC): Christina Applegate quit: This was cancelled … by its own star!
Whitney (NBC): Thankfully.
1600 Penn (NBC): Impeached.
Made in Jersey (CBS): Terminated.
Private Practice (ABC): Spin-off heaven.
Partners (CBS): Dumped
Ben & Kate (Fox): & Cancelled.
Vegas (CBS): Lost.
Go On (NBC): Get out.
Fringe (Fox): R.I.P.
Touch (Fox): Touchable.
The Job (CBS): What?
The Mob Doctor (Fox): Ha! That title. Yeah. Deceased.
Don’t Trust the B– in Apt. 23 (ABC): Speaking of: Did anyone really believe a comedy with “B—-” in the title was going to last?
666 Park Avenue (ABC): Hellbound.
Last Resort (ABC): Indeed.
Rules of Engagement (CBS): Broken.
Golden Boy (CBS): Tarnished.
CSI: NY (CBS): Two down, one to go.
Zero Hour (ABC): Zero something all right.
Emily Owens, M.D. (The CW): Crashed.
How to Live with Your Parents (ABC): Evicted.
Red Widow (ABC): Swatted.
Body of Proof (ABC): D.O.A.
The New Normal (NBC): Or not.
Malibu Country (ABC): Overthrown.
Happy Endings (ABC): Until this happened.
90210 (The CW): Finished.
Cult (The CW): Unfollowed.

I liked the early years of The Office and Fringe but both shows kinda fell off a cliff for me. Most of the rest I don't even recognise. I did see a few eps of Happy Endings on Hulu and thought that show was OK for what it was.

I watched three episodes of "Red Widow", before I realized it was stupid. Guess I just had a hard time feeling sorry for drug-smuggling, Russian mobsters.

At least 'Elementary' will be back. Did any of you know that Jonny Lee Miller (Sherlock Holmes) was the villain Jordan Chase on the season of 'Dexter' with Lumen? He was the motivational speaker they were hunting.

He is also the first Mr. Angelina Jolie!

I am finding myself liking Elementary a lot more than I thought I would.

Okay, Dr. Watson is a Chinese babe now, and Lucy is past her "Sell by" date*, but overall, she actually proves here that when you give her a script written by someone with a brain, the woman can actually act.

(* - before I get any angry hate mail, Lucy is still hot, but the horrible reality in Hollywood is that actresses are washed up by the time they are 40 unless they can easily transition into "Grandmother" roles, while men like Tom Cruise are still playing leading roles well into their 50's or even their 60's if they are Harrison Ford. )

I had just gotten into watching Vegas, so that will be the only one I'll be sorry to see go. CSI NY has had it's run and I agree it's time for it to go. Hopefully CSI will soon follow suit. The others I've had no interest in whatsoever.

Forum List

Back