Broadcast ax: Cancelled shows 2012-13 (so far)

Did anyone watch any of the below or will any be missed?

I don't have cable but that is nearly the only quality TV anymore. (minus news and sports) Those cable shows I can see are either on Hulu or Netflix (or DVD) and there is more than enough there for my kind of viewing.

Broadcast ax: Cancelled shows 2012-13 | Inside TV | EW.com

Deception (NBC): Cancelled.
Animal Practice (NBC): Put down.
Do No Harm (NBC): Harmed.
30 Rock (NBC): Over.
Guys with Kids (NBC): You can’t believe how cancelled this is.
The Office (NBC): Closed.
Smash (NBC): Smushed.
Up All Night (NBC): Christina Applegate quit: This was cancelled … by its own star!
Whitney (NBC): Thankfully.
1600 Penn (NBC): Impeached.
Made in Jersey (CBS): Terminated.
Private Practice (ABC): Spin-off heaven.
Partners (CBS): Dumped
Ben & Kate (Fox): & Cancelled.
Vegas (CBS): Lost.
Go On (NBC): Get out.
Fringe (Fox): R.I.P.
Touch (Fox): Touchable.
The Job (CBS): What?
The Mob Doctor (Fox): Ha! That title. Yeah. Deceased.
Don’t Trust the B– in Apt. 23 (ABC): Speaking of: Did anyone really believe a comedy with “B—-” in the title was going to last?
666 Park Avenue (ABC): Hellbound.
Last Resort (ABC): Indeed.
Rules of Engagement (CBS): Broken.
Golden Boy (CBS): Tarnished.
CSI: NY (CBS): Two down, one to go.
Zero Hour (ABC): Zero something all right.
Emily Owens, M.D. (The CW): Crashed.
How to Live with Your Parents (ABC): Evicted.
Red Widow (ABC): Swatted.
Body of Proof (ABC): D.O.A.
The New Normal (NBC): Or not.
Malibu Country (ABC): Overthrown.
Happy Endings (ABC): Until this happened.
90210 (The CW): Finished.
Cult (The CW): Unfollowed.

I liked the early years of The Office and Fringe but both shows kinda fell off a cliff for me. Most of the rest I don't even recognise. I did see a few eps of Happy Endings on Hulu and thought that show was OK for what it was.

I like Smash, I will miss it. Good that a lot of these are gone, hoping it raises the bar. I haven't found anything much I would stay home for or call "my show".

There was a big production called Ready for Love that has been moved to the E Network after about 3 airings. Bachelor type thing.

Don't you know how these decisions are made? They're based on ratings. If enough people are watching the shows, they won't get rid of them. Which is definitely the case with Survivor, The Amazing Race and Big Brother. People are watching.

I don't really see how you can compare shows like Surivor and The Amazing Race to shows like Wife Swap and Kardashians. I mean, really.

Anyway, the bottom line is, you may not like some of these shows, but apparently a lot of people do. So you're just going to have to suck it up. Don't watch them, watch something else, for crying out loud.

Actually, there are two elements at play. One is obviously ratings. The other is cost and reality shows are much, much cheaper to produce than a TV show......especially if it has lots of special effects and high priced actors. I mean why would a show like Zero Hour get pulled after only 2 or 3 episodes even when they have more already in the can and a show like Splash with Z level "celebrities even be allowed on TV? Cost.

also lots of people want shows were you dont have to pay a lot of attention......apparently....

Yeah, I know exactly what you me.........ohhhhhh, shiny!!!

Vegas - I'm a sucker for any show with 50+ year old cars.
Fringe - I only saw a couple of episoodes (on Sci I think) earlier this year.
Am intrigued enough to go back to the beginning on Netflix.

Fringe was dropped by Fox, but SciFi picked it up. It isn't really cancelled.

Correction. Fringe was not cancelled and was concluded with a planned series finale. The Science Channel, not SyFy has syndication rights to it, rerun the episodes and surround them with segments by their resident "experts" discussing "fringe" science.

Science Channel Snags 'Fringe' in Syndication Deal - The Hollywood Reporter

Fringe : Science Channel

Don't you know how these decisions are made? They're based on ratings. If enough people are watching the shows, they won't get rid of them. Which is definitely the case with Survivor, The Amazing Race and Big Brother. People are watching.

I don't really see how you can compare shows like Surivor and The Amazing Race to shows like Wife Swap and Kardashians. I mean, really.

Anyway, the bottom line is, you may not like some of these shows, but apparently a lot of people do. So you're just going to have to suck it up. Don't watch them, watch something else, for crying out loud.

Actually, there are two elements at play. One is obviously ratings. The other is cost and reality shows are much, much cheaper to produce than a TV show......especially if it has lots of special effects and high priced actors. I mean why would a show like Zero Hour get pulled after only 2 or 3 episodes even when they have more already in the can and a show like Splash with Z level "celebrities even be allowed on TV? Cost.

also lots of people want shows were you dont have to pay a lot of attention......apparently....

Many are so stressed, we just want white noise when we come home. There's enough stimulation during the workday. Having said that, I do love dramas like The Good Wife and more complicated series like the ones on the premium channels too.

Forum List

Back