Broadcast ax: Cancelled shows 2012-13 (so far)

Just heard Jack Bauer will be back for 12 episodes.

I never watched 24 when it was on but caught some reruns and found I liked it.

Why in the hell can't they get rid of...
Survivor
Amazing Race
Big Brother
American Idol
Dancing with the Stars
Shark Tank
The Apprentice(Celebrity or otherwise)
The Bachelor(ette)
Wife Swap
Housewives
Kardashians

I would keep two
1. The Voice...for the quality
2. America's Got Talent...for the variety.

That's about it....I hate reality TV.

Don't you know how these decisions are made? They're based on ratings. If enough people are watching the shows, they won't get rid of them. Which is definitely the case with Survivor, The Amazing Race and Big Brother. People are watching.

I don't really see how you can compare shows like Surivor and The Amazing Race to shows like Wife Swap and Kardashians. I mean, really.

Anyway, the bottom line is, you may not like some of these shows, but apparently a lot of people do. So you're just going to have to suck it up. Don't watch them, watch something else, for crying out loud.

Survivor
Amazing Race
Big Brother
American Idol
Dancing with the Stars
Shark Tank
The Bachelor(ette)
Wife Swap
Housewives
Kardashians

I would keep two

Don't you know how these decisions are made? They're based on ratings. If enough people are watching the shows, they won't get rid of them. Which is definitely the case with Survivor, The Amazing Race and Big Brother. People are watching.

I don't really see how you can compare shows like Surivor and The Amazing Race to shows like Wife Swap and Kardashians. I mean, really.

Anyway, the bottom line is, you may not like some of these shows, but apparently a lot of people do. So you're just going to have to suck it up. Don't watch them, watch something else, for crying out loud.

Actually, there are two elements at play. One is obviously ratings. The other is cost and reality shows are much, much cheaper to produce than a TV show......especially if it has lots of special effects and high priced actors. I mean why would a show like Zero Hour get pulled after only 2 or 3 episodes even when they have more already in the can and a show like Splash with Z level "celebrities even be allowed on TV? Cost.

Did anyone watch any of the below or will any be missed?

I don't have cable but that is nearly the only quality TV anymore. (minus news and sports) Those cable shows I can see are either on Hulu or Netflix (or DVD) and there is more than enough there for my kind of viewing.

Broadcast ax: Cancelled shows 2012-13 | Inside TV | EW.com

I liked the early years of The Office and Fringe but both shows kinda fell off a cliff for me. Most of the rest I don't even recognise. I did see a few eps of Happy Endings on Hulu and thought that show was OK for what it was.

Watched Fringe but it got weird in season 4; still haven't watched season 5.

Liked 666 Park Ave, wished they had given it more time. It was different.

Go On was funny but I never remembered it was on.

The rest... except for the end of the run shows, all are forgettable. Thought Body of Proof had gotten a second chance; guess it flopped.

Falling Skies returns 6/9 @ 9pm 2 hr premiere.

Dexter's final season starts 6/30. Bittersweet.

666 is coming back next month too i seen for a 2nd chance........

I thought 666 had such great potential, but after the 3rd episode I gave up on it.

Watched Fringe but it got weird in season 4; still haven't watched season 5.

Liked 666 Park Ave, wished they had given it more time. It was different.

Go On was funny but I never remembered it was on.

The rest... except for the end of the run shows, all are forgettable. Thought Body of Proof had gotten a second chance; guess it flopped.

Falling Skies returns 6/9 @ 9pm 2 hr premiere.

Dexter's final season starts 6/30. Bittersweet.

666 is coming back next month too i seen for a 2nd chance........

I thought 666 had such great potential, but after the 3rd episode I gave up on it.

My wife watched it while I surfed the web. I found nothing interesting about it other than Vanessa Williams. Now there is a nice warm bunch of brown sugar!

Survivor
Amazing Race
Big Brother
American Idol
Dancing with the Stars
Shark Tank
The Bachelor(ette)
Wife Swap
Housewives
Kardashians

I would keep two

Actually, there are two elements at play. One is obviously ratings. The other is cost and reality shows are much, much cheaper to produce than a TV show......especially if it has lots of special effects and high priced actors. I mean why would a show like Zero Hour get pulled after only 2 or 3 episodes even when they have more already in the can and a show like Splash with Z level "celebrities even be allowed on TV? Cost.

also lots of people want shows were you dont have to pay a lot of attention......apparently....

I liked the early years of The Office and Fringe but both shows kinda fell off a cliff for me. Most of the rest I don't even recognise. I did see a few eps of Happy Endings on Hulu and thought that show was OK for what it was.

Yeah, I liked Body of Proof.

Some of the others though, like Mob Doctor and Last Resort, were glorified mini-series that were simply over.

Survivor
Amazing Race
Big Brother
American Idol
Dancing with the Stars
Shark Tank
The Bachelor(ette)
Wife Swap
Housewives
Kardashians

I would keep two

Agreed. Not all reality shows are created equal, however. Some of them cost a lot more than others.

Did anyone watch any of the below or will any be missed?

I don't have cable but that is nearly the only quality TV anymore. (minus news and sports) Those cable shows I can see are either on Hulu or Netflix (or DVD) and there is more than enough there for my kind of viewing.

Broadcast ax: Cancelled shows 2012-13 | Inside TV | EW.com

Deception (NBC): Cancelled.
Animal Practice (NBC): Put down.
Do No Harm (NBC): Harmed.
30 Rock (NBC): Over.
Guys with Kids (NBC): You can’t believe how cancelled this is.
The Office (NBC): Closed.
Smash (NBC): Smushed.
Up All Night (NBC): Christina Applegate quit: This was cancelled … by its own star!
Whitney (NBC): Thankfully.
1600 Penn (NBC): Impeached.
Made in Jersey (CBS): Terminated.
Private Practice (ABC): Spin-off heaven.
Partners (CBS): Dumped
Ben & Kate (Fox): & Cancelled.
Vegas (CBS): Lost.
Go On (NBC): Get out.
Fringe (Fox): R.I.P.
Touch (Fox): Touchable.
The Job (CBS): What?
The Mob Doctor (Fox): Ha! That title. Yeah. Deceased.
Don’t Trust the B– in Apt. 23 (ABC): Speaking of: Did anyone really believe a comedy with “B—-” in the title was going to last?
666 Park Avenue (ABC): Hellbound.
Last Resort (ABC): Indeed.
Rules of Engagement (CBS): Broken.
Golden Boy (CBS): Tarnished.
CSI: NY (CBS): Two down, one to go.
Zero Hour (ABC): Zero something all right.
Emily Owens, M.D. (The CW): Crashed.
How to Live with Your Parents (ABC): Evicted.
Red Widow (ABC): Swatted.
Body of Proof (ABC): D.O.A.
The New Normal (NBC): Or not.
Malibu Country (ABC): Overthrown.
Happy Endings (ABC): Until this happened.
90210 (The CW): Finished.
Cult (The CW): Unfollowed.

Never heard of them. And that's a good thing......... :thup:

I see on that list of cancelled shows that the show named How To Live With Your Parents is one of them. If that is true, I feel bad for Brad Garrett because over the last year or so I have gotten to know that Everybody Loves Raymond show that he was on and to me he is the only thing that makes that show worth sitting down for. I feel worse due to the fact that I still have yet to see even one episode of this new show that he is on...and now its apparently cancelled already. :( :( :(

God bless you and Brad always!!!

Holly

P.S. If anyone here has seen the show, what was so bad about it. Sadly because of whats been on my plate for the past month personally, losing one family member after another pretty much that is, I kept forgetting about it being on.

Vegas - I'm a sucker for any show with 50+ year old cars.
Fringe - I only saw a couple of episoodes (on Sci I think) earlier this year.
Am intrigued enough to go back to the beginning on Netflix.

Fringe was dropped by Fox, but SciFi picked it up. It isn't really cancelled.

it was concluded.....so were did you see SyFy picking it up?.....all i saw is they picked Primeval....

On the positive side, I'd like to welcome back Joss Whedon to TV...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqv6hlXKU4k]Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Cancellation in 3...2... just kidding.

This is what TV should be. (IMHO)

Vegas - I'm a sucker for any show with 50+ year old cars.
Fringe - I only saw a couple of episoodes (on Sci I think) earlier this year.
Am intrigued enough to go back to the beginning on Netflix.

Fringe was dropped by Fox, but SciFi picked it up. It isn't really cancelled.

I hope they bring it back to what it was. Last few years I was routing for the bad guys :tongue:

Forum List

Back