British police hand's are tied by political correctness too, Britain wants higher crime rates....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes....the left wing attack on police is hamstringing the British too...this is why their gun, knife and violent crime rates are going through the roof...

Police afraid of racism complaints if they use stop and search powers

Police officers are reluctant to use stop and search powers that could tackle burgeoning knife crime, because they are afraid of being accused of racism, the head of Scotland Yard has said.

Cressida Dick said the powers were a valuable tool to fight a rise in stabbings and knife-point crime and she was determined to encourage officers to use them properly on the streets.

But she said accusations of police racism for disproportionately focusing on young black men had meant some officers had lost confidence in using the powers.

----------

The number of stops and searches has fallen by around 60 per cent in the past five years.

Home Office figures last year showed black people were six times more likely to be stopped and searched than white people.

Ms Dick said: “As commissioner, I have come in and said I want my officers to use stop and search. Obviously they need do it lawfully, they need to have the grounds and they need wherever possible to be very courteous and they need to be held to account.”

“All those thing in place, then I am very much in favour of stop and search and I have said so to my officers and I want them to feel confident to use it.”

Asked if officers feared accusations of racism, she said: “I think there are some who have become concerned that they will be accused of racism, that they may get a complaint and that if they do get a complaint, that may inhibit their work in other ways, or they may not be supported by their bosses.

The Sus laws were used as a racist tool to target black kids. They caused more problems than they solved.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

You mean except for stopping crime? The crimes stopped were too much of a problem..right?
The crime stopped was negligible. What it did was create a hatred for the police among young people.It led to riots and a lack of support for the police when they had real crimes to solve.
Our police operate with the consent of the public and not by shooting people.
I doubt that you will understand the point I am making.

The Sus laws were used as a racist tool to target black kids. They caused more problems than they solved.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

You mean except for stopping crime? The crimes stopped were too much of a problem..right?
The crime stopped was negligible. What it did was create a hatred for the police among young people.It led to riots and a lack of support for the police when they had real crimes to solve.
Our police operate with the consent of the public and not by shooting people.
I doubt that you will understand the point I am making.

I understand completely....this is what happens when you cut your police numbers, then handicap them with political correctness...

Violent crime on the rise in every corner of the country, figures suggest

But analysis of the figures force by force, showed the full extent of the problem, with only one constabulary, Nottinghamshire, recording a reduction in violent offences.

The vast majority of police forces actually witnessed double digit rises in violent crime, with Northumbria posting a 95 per cent increase year on year.

Of the other forces, Durham Police recorded a 73 per cent rise; West Yorkshire was up 48 per cent; Avon and Somerset 45 per cent; Dorset 39 per cent and Warwickshire 37 per cent.

Elsewhere Humberside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Wiltshire and Dyfed Powys all saw violence rise by more than a quarter year on year.

You cant tie this to "political correctness". Sus was knocked on the head because it was counter productive. Not all situations fit your wacko world view.

Forum List

Back