Bring back the gun forum?

Bring back the gun forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think some people have left this forum altogether and some have definitely slowed down on their posting due to the decision to remove the gun forum as it's OWN forum. At least we should have a forum called the second amendment forum or something in which to post.
theres only 3 gun nutz who posted in that forum AFAIK. Thats ALL they did :yawn: Its usually indicative of underlying inadequacies as well.

Theres PLENTY of gun forums out there for them to single-issue post in

hYxQRmY.jpg

Gun ownership is a constitutional right, that's why.

I think some people have left this forum altogether and some have definitely slowed down on their posting due to the decision to remove the gun forum as it's OWN forum. At least we should have a forum called the second amendment forum or something in which to post.
theres only 3 gun nutz who posted in that forum AFAIK. Thats ALL they did :yawn: Its usually indicative of underlying inadequacies as well.

hYxQRmY.jpg

Are posters not free to post what they choose and to post where they choose?

hYxQRmY.jpg

No

This forum is not a democracy

Can't believe I had to tell you that

hYxQRmY.jpg

No

What a stupid comment. Posters ARE free to post where they choose. Even if one posts exclusively in the gun forum, they are not breaking any rules. Seems like you like throwing a hissy fit about it though.

hYxQRmY.jpg

No

Bernie's losing, BTW! :lol:

hYxQRmY.jpg

Only 3 posters in the Gun Forum? That is nonsense. There were numerous people who posted there.

The "underlying inadequacies" remark is just bullshit. But it does speak volumes about your views.

There is a great deal more vehemence on one side than the other.
few issues have such an imbalance between those who know and those who are clueless idiots

but its true and its because we pro rights people tend to be shooters, collectors and others who know firearms and firearms laws inside out. Bannerrhoids are people who hate conservative ideas and the NRA and that is what motivates their posts-posts they try to claim are based crime control issues but which are intellectually barren hate without any facts

I don't understand why such an important topic of discussion was relegated to the "garage." The second amendment is one of our precious rights and we have a LOT of topics about gun/gun control/shootings/politicians trying to revoke or infringe upon our rights (as well as special interest groups). I say Bring back the gun forum so that we don't have to search for second amendment discussion. :) Vote please.

I never knew there was a gun forum here in the first place, so never missed it. Is there a 1st Amendment forum here somewhere, too?

It's apparent there are a lot of posters here who don't know there is a !st Amendment, and need schooling on that one because, well, it's the first one ... if they haven't read that one then it's obvious they never read the rest of them either.

I don't understand why such an important topic of discussion was relegated to the "garage." The second amendment is one of our precious rights and we have a LOT of topics about gun/gun control/shootings/politicians trying to revoke or infringe upon our rights (as well as special interest groups). I say Bring back the gun forum so that we don't have to search for second amendment discussion. :) Vote please.

I never knew there was a gun forum here in the first place, so never missed it. Is there a 1st Amendment forum here somewhere, too?

It's apparent there are a lot of posters here who don't know there is a !st Amendment, and need schooling on that one because, well, it's the first one ... if they haven't read that one then it's obvious they never read the rest of them either.

There are quite a few posters who did know it was here and we're there frequently.

I cannot understand why there is no response as the why the forum was removed. It is not difficult to post an answer.

winter the only answer i saw was ck saying it was a surprise to him that it was closed and that it was not coming back.....the latter part was surprising to me...at the time i said i think it might be some kinda legal issue

winter the only answer i saw was ck saying it was a surprise to him that it was closed and that it was not coming back.....the latter part was surprising to me...at the time i said i think it might be some kinda legal issue

I would be curious to know what sort of legal issue would be present.

I heard the same thing, only from 2 mods. I simply never heard why.

Also, there are still plenty of gun posts. And given the vitriol that is spewed in the political forums, I'm amazed that the gun forum would be a legal issue.

If it is, why not simply say do? Do the people who populate these forums matter so little?

Also, there are still plenty of gun posts. And given the vitriol that is spewed in the political forums, I'm amazed that the gun forum would be a legal issue.

If it is, why not simply say do? Do the people who populate these forums matter so little?
Civil liability might be the possible reason given the fact that lawyers are good at talking grieving family members into suing any and everyone that might (at the largest stretch of the imagination) be held responsible for a firearms related death. It wouldn't surprise me if the owner's lawyer advised removing the specifically targeted firearms sub-forum for liability reasons. :dunno:

okay lets go with this example....someone like me.....called me...ask someone for advice on a gun....called him...he gives me advice and opens my eyes to facts about the gun.....me is unstable and suddenly realize i can actually fire said gun and kill myself with it......imagine what lawyers could do with that...

The first amendment doesn't seem to be in danger . . . YET. Once you allow the government to mess with just ONE right, then all of them are at risk. Think about it.

gun-rights-dominoes-second-amendment-start-giving-a-a-damn.jpg

That doesn't make sense anyways. It is not illegal to talk about the second amendment or guns.

okay lets go with this example....someone like me.....called me...ask someone for advice on a gun....called him...he gives me advice and opens my eyes to facts about the gun.....me is unstable and suddenly realize i can actually fire said gun and kill myself with it......imagine what lawyers could do with that...

That's different scenario than being an anonymous poster on a message board.

it is all what lawyers can make of it however....esp when you have people who really are unbalanced and it is obvious..i dont agree but why risk it when all you have to do is close the forum?

it is all what lawyers can make of it however....esp when you have people who really are unbalanced and it is obvious..i dont agree but why risk it when all you have to do is close the forum?

There have been people online who tell others to "kill themselves." I'm quite sure that is not the reason why the gun forum was removed. Besides, the posts and threads were not actually removed. They were just moved to The Garage forum.

New Topics

Forum List

Back