Bring Back Censorship?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
maxresdefault.jpg

5-1.jpg

To all the rabid conservatives on this forum. Do you support bringing back codes to censor entertainment? Well then too bad for you I will continue to watch films like Saving Private Ryan and reading comics like Brothers in Arms.

Last edited:
Bring BACK censorship? Have you been on a university campus lately? It's already here and liberals are driving it.

Prohibition generally doesn't work. Well, outside of most college campuses.

We need to find a way to reverse the rapid downward slide of our culture.

Then there won't be demand for the lower ends of "entertainment", and it will fade away organically.

Unfortunately, too many refuse to see the decay, or support it, so that ain't gonna happen.

Then there won't be demand for the lower ends of "entertainment", and it will fade away organically.

Unfortunately, too many refuse to see the decay, or support it, so that ain't gonna happen.

I disagree, there will be demand for lower forms of entertainment. As our population gets dumber, so too does the entertainment we demand.

I disagree, there will be demand for lower forms of entertainment. As our population gets dumber, so too does the entertainment we demand.

Well, that's a part of the decay. Lowered standards and expectations that dumbs down our population, lowering their standards for entertainment.

And I'd agree, I don't see that being reversed.

Well, that's a part of the decay. Lowered standards and expectations that dumbs down our population, lowering their standards for entertainment.

Standards and expectations are certainly in the mix but I'm talking about how the genetically determined IQ of people, aggregated up to the national level, is showing that America's IQ has been falling.

One other point. There's also cultural dilution taking place. Check this old NYT article which hints at what is going on:

Last year ''Seinfeld,'' the top-rated television show in white households, ranked 50th in African-American homes, according to Nielsen Media Research, while the comedy ''Between Brothers,'' No. 1 in black households, ranked 112th among whites.

Similarly, according to Nielsen, in the first two months of the current prime-time season, ''The Steve Harvey Show,'' a comedy, ranked No. 1 in black households, but 118th in white households, while ''Friends,'' the No. 1 comedy and No. 2 show overall in white households, ranked just 91st for blacks.
As culture gets both dumbed down and culturally diluted, there's less and less common culture which appeals to whites. This is why white viewership is decreasing on Network TV and why whites are spending more time watching shows like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Game of Thrones on cable tv. There is HIGHER quality programming on cable. Network TV has to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Forum List

Back