Breastfeeding= Nanny State

Unless you need the pump for a medical condition using a perscription I don't think it's gonna fly.

For christ sake, obama wants to take away our mortgage deductions. Do you think we can afford another added expense to the taxpayer? Somebody has to pay for all of these benefits.

As a conservative I also want to do away with a mortgage interest deduction.
What you borrow on your house is NOT THE BUSINESS of government.
If it is not a legitimate business expense there should be no deductions.
Conservatives save and invest and frown on borrowing if they do not have to.
:confused: Why is a business expense more important than a non-business expense?

I will explain it to you:
A business makes widgets: salaries and cost of goods sold and capital buildings=expenses.
Gross profit is sales. COGS is all expenses.
Taxes are on NET PROFIT.
A household is not a business. Interest deduction has always favored the wealthy. I am not anti wealthy, in fact I AM PRO WEALTHY.
No household expense should be deductible other than health care.

A business makes widgets: salaries and cost of goods sold and capital buildings=expenses.
Taxes are on NET PROFIT.
A household is not a business. Interest deduction has always favored the wealthy. I am not anti wealthy, in fact I AM PRO WEALTHY.

A wealthy person would pay a smaller portion of their earnings in interest than a poor person. A poor person carries a heavier debt load than a truly wealthy person. Now their may be a lot of people who live like they are wealthy but are actually poor & up to their ass in debt.

Unless you mean Interest deduction has always favored the wealthy Bankers who will get richer making more loans to people that are willing to carry higher debt levels due to the tax deductions. Then I agree.

Unless you need the pump for a medical condition using a perscription I don't think it's gonna fly.

For christ sake, obama wants to take away our mortgage deductions. Do you think we can afford another added expense to the taxpayer? Somebody has to pay for all of these benefits.

:confused: Why is a business expense more important than a non-business expense?

Because business expenses usually are more expensive to put it simply. Not to mention the fact that businesses provide jobs and services and contribute to a strong economy. You can only eat so much pizza but if you produce thousands of pizzas, then you're providing a service to consumers. It all has to do with productivity and revenue generation.

But I don't think they are more important. My personal expenses are important but if I didn't have business expense deductions I couldn't stay in business. I'd have to raise my fees to a point that nobody could afford them thus pricing myself out of the market. Removal of business deductions is a tax-increase and a sure fire way to close down a business and increase unemployment. Democrats use Marxist tactics to argue that Republicans are subsidizing corporations, but in fact they are just fostering a better business environment. It's pretty straight forward, yet people constantly fall for their bull shit rhetoric on the issue.

Yes, we should cut the military budget by 98% and bring all of our troops home to balance the budget and lower our taxes.

What is not being mentioned here is what will it cost America to do this minor thing for women? Why couldn't we have a check off on the IRS form to donate $5.00 to the cause. I wish we had a page of worthy donations we could check off, like breast & colon cancer, or homeless, etc. Of course that would mean bigger government.

Yes, it's but a pittance. So are the other thousands of givaways these liberals throw at the ignorant masses. They tend to add up sadly. I get tired of the same people that bitch about Bush's spending asking for more and more spending.

Also, great idea. The world is on fire. Now is the perfect time to dissolve the military and throw out the welcome mat for the conquering hords to hit our shores soon after.

Ahh, one of the afraid, worried & paranoid rightwing crowd. So if they are going to hit our shores, shouldn't all the US Troops be home to defend it? Your argument is illogical.

Okay, I'll humor you.

Our troops are just as defenseless as the rest of us if they're home with no weapons, no tanks, no fast-movers. They're just people. They're not bullet-proof. When they aren't organized and fully equipped they're just as much a soup-sandwich as anyone else. It's insane to expect a soldier with a 30-06 to stand up to waves of AK-47, RPG wielding soldiers in armored tanks and personal carriers. It's insane to expect them to stand up to helicopter gunships or jet aircraft firing missiles and 30mm guns cutting them to ribbons. No grenades, Laws rockets, tow-missiles, stingers, no Kevlar, no resupply, nothing.

I responded to somebody saying we needed to cut back our military 98%. This would totally gut the military. We couldn't field a battalion of troops. And since Obama and the Dems want to take away our guns we wouldn't have anything but rocks to defend ourselves.

Last edited:

Wages are a business expense. Are wages more important than interest deduction?
Mortgage interest deduction is a special interest lobbied freebie.

I think the Middle Class is in love with their mortgage interest deduction. So is the real estate sector. What happened once the interest became deductable was that the price of homes adjusted accordingly. I would agree to the cut if done gradually.

If you own a business, you should only pay taxes on your profit. Your gross minus wages, raw materials, energy and whatever else goes into your business. However, there are also tax incentives and subsidies that should be dropped. Tarriffs too

Yes, it's but a pittance. So are the other thousands of givaways these liberals throw at the ignorant masses. They tend to add up sadly. I get tired of the same people that bitch about Bush's spending asking for more and more spending.

Also, great idea. The world is on fire. Now is the perfect time to dissolve the military and throw out the welcome mat for the conquering hords to hit our shores soon after.

Ahh, one of the afraid, worried & paranoid rightwing crowd. So if they are going to hit our shores, shouldn't all the US Troops be home to defend it? Your argument is illogical.

Okay, I'll humor you.

Our troops are just as defenseless as the rest of us if they're home with no weapons, no tanks, no fast-movers. They're just people. They're not bullet-proof. When they aren't organized and fully equipped they're just as much a soup-sandwich as anyone else. It's insane to expect a soldier with a 30-06 to stand up to waves of AK-47, RPG wielding soldiers in armored tanks and personal carriers. It's insane to expect them to stand up to helicopter gunships or jet aircraft firing missiles and 30mm guns cutting them to ribbons. No grenades, Laws rockets, tow-missiles, stingers, no Kevlar, no resupply, nothing.

I responded to somebody saying we needed to cut back our military 98%. This would totally gut the military. We couldn't field a battalion of troops. And since Obama and the Dems want to take away our guns we wouldn't have anything but rocks to defend ourselves.

I think we need to redefine the mission of our military. Maybe 10% goes to actually defending Main Street USA against foreign invasion. The remaining 90% goes to playing Super Power and projecting our influence abroad and keeping our trade partners stable.

That 90% could be reduced if we reduce our global mission. The Cold War is over

Okay, I'll humor you.

I think we need to redefine the mission of our military. Maybe 10% goes to actually defending Main Street USA against foreign invasion. The remaining 90% goes to playing Super Power and projecting our influence abroad and keeping our trade partners stable.

Well all I can say is we're all really, really grateful you aren't in charge. Thank goodness the internet keeps you occupied and we don't have to worry about you being responsible for any important decisions.

Okay, I'll humor you.

Well all I can say is we're all really, really grateful you aren't in charge. Thank goodness the internet keeps you occupied and we don't have to worry about you being responsible for any important decisions.

I have been in Military R&D for over 30 years. I understand what we buy and why

Taxes are on NET PROFIT.
And yet a business gets to deduct interest on loans. They also can feed their employees (including the owner) and write off 50% of the cost...therefore they get a "free" lunch (at the taxpayer's expense) half the time.

I have no problem with legitimate expenses being deducted.

Well goddamn, you just proposed what you called me crazy for proposing in another thread - a 90% reduction in government.

See, when you're sober, that makes great sense, doesn't it?

You are obviously not too good at math

What I said is that 90% of the mission involves overseas engagement and could be cut down if the mission were to change. I never said 90% of the military could be eliminated

Only a complete moron would think that 90% of our government could be eliminated

Yeah, you were in the military just like you're a rightwinger, you hemmorhoid. And we've all seen the evidence of your "understanding" of things.

You're obviously not too good at integrity.

What I said is that 90% of the mission involves overseas engagement and could be cut down if the mission were to change. I never said 90% of the military could be eliminated

Yawn...

Only a complete moron would think that 90% of our government could be eliminated

Because welfare is such a net plus to our society?

Most government jobs are simply welfare - they exist to provide an income to the employee.

Yeah, you were in the military just like you're a rightwinger, you hemmorhoid. And we've all seen the evidence of your "understanding" of things.

Military R&D involves many more people than soldiers and sailors. I have helped develop and field systems that have saved thousands of soldiers lives. Nobody appreciates the American military man and woman more than I do.

Feel welcome to discuss your own expertise any time

You're obviously not too good at integrity.

Yawn...

Because welfare is such a net plus to our society?

Most government jobs are simply welfare - they exist to provide an income to the employee.

Is it better to debate trolls or ignore them?

Have to think about this one

Taxes are on NET PROFIT.

I see interest as a deduction for first home as an incentive to purchase a home and make owning a home cost effective compared to renting.
I would be OK with it being eliminated.....but home ownership is the core to a host of service industries ranging from landscaping to plumbing to contractors etc.....

Forum List

Back