Breaking: Trump Takes Lead In Iowa; His Supporters Think Japanese Internment Was Good (So Do I)

Finally as long as we were at it we decided we’d ask people if they thought Japanese internment had been a good idea. Among Trump voters 48% say they support the use of internment during World War II, to only 21% who say they oppose it. Overall just 29% of Republicans support that to 39% opposed, and supporters of all the other candidates are against it- 29/33 with Cruz voters, 23/54 with Rubio’s, 12/48 with Carson’s, and 13/56 with Bush’s.

Just more evidence the far right are totalitarian pigs who only support small government and the Constitution when it suits them.

No, the Iowa Republicans are such pigs.

PPP is polling firm for hire, for shaping races if the questions can be asked in the right way. From the OP link's page:

We came to PPP after a public poll in the San Jose Mayoral race showed our opponent ahead by 8 points. They found our candidate (Sam Liccardo) ahead by 3 points and that allowed us to be able to push back with the press against the perception that our opponent was now a strong favorite in the race. Sam ended up winning by 2 points and is now the next Mayor of San Jose. PPP worked very fast and had a very accurate read on the electorate when we needed them
–Eric Jaye, Storefront Political Media.

Lock up the japs, but not the Italians and Germans . Cause they are white !

I just realized that you are as dumb as Baiamonte. Libertarianism must be contagious.

1. Internment of Italian Americans - Wikipedia, the free ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_American_internment
    In response to activists concerned about the treatment of Italian Americans during ... GermanAmerican internment; ... in the United States during World War II".

2. Internment of German Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_American_internment
    During
    WWII, the United States ... directed against German and Italian aliens during World War II in the ... of German Americans during World War II: ...

Gipper must be an older millennial or younger genxr suffering from a personality order disassociation. I hope he has the right job.

I just realized that you are as dumb as Baiamonte. Libertarianism must be contagious.

1. Internment of Italian Americans - Wikipedia, the free ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_American_internment
    In response to activists concerned about the treatment of Italian Americans during ... GermanAmerican internment; ... in the United States during World War II".

2. Internment of German Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_American_internment
    During
    WWII, the United States ... directed against German and Italian aliens during World War II in the ... of German Americans during World War II: ...
This poll is so comforting to those of us who actually think Americans are basically kind and decent people. LOL

Gipper must be an older millennial or younger genxr suffering from a personality order disassociation. I hope he has the right job.
Tell me JakeStupid what was the percentage of Japanese Americans imprisoned versus the Italian and German Americans? Do you know?

Tell me JakeStupid what was the percentage of Japanese Americans imprisoned versus the Italian and German Americans? Do you know?
This difference affects the idiocy of the Big Quack and FDR's EO's before rationality reasserted itself ... how?

A few Italians, quite a few Germans, both groups less than the Japanese. I am glad to see you are trying to deflect. You are not stupid, just caught.

fish-gazing-hook-worm-cartoon-thick-lips-fishing-laying-47902118.jpg

Nah, they locked them up, too.
More stupidity for JakeStupid.

My entire family on my mother's side were Sicilians....somehow not one of them was locked up. How could that have happened?
The Germans and Italians that might cause problems had already been pin pointed and when the time came they were picked up and put in a safe place.
At this time we can only feel a little of the fear towards the Muslims etc that people were feeling toward the Japanese and Japanese-Americans after Pearl Harbor. Might not be long until people begin demanding Muslims be put in some type of internment camps. And so it goes.

Nah, they locked them up, too.
More stupidity for JakeStupid.

My entire family on my mother's side were Sicilians....somehow not one of them was locked up. How could that have happened?
The Germans and Italians that might cause problems had already been pin pointed and when the time came they were picked up and put in a safe place.
At this time we can only feel a little of the fear towards the Muslims etc that people were feeling toward the Japanese and Japanese-Americans after Pearl Harbor. Might not be long until people begin demanding Muslims be put in some type of internment camps. And so it goes.

It will be long because that is NOT going to happen.

A few Italians, quite a few Germans, both groups less than the Japanese. I am glad to see you are trying to deflect. You are not stupid, just caught.

fish-gazing-hook-worm-cartoon-thick-lips-fishing-laying-47902118.jpg
Oh Jake...if only you could learn.

Less than 1% of Americans of Italian and German nationality were interned during WWII. Nearly all Americans of Japanese nationality, living in the west coast, were interned. To think these internment's were the same, is to not think. Your beloved FDR was a racist...just accept it and we can move on to your next stupid post.

Internment of German Americans
At the time of WWII, the United States had a large population of ethnic Germans. In 1940 more than 1.2 million persons had been born in Germany, 5 million had two native-German parents, and 6 million had one native-German parent.[citation needed] Many more had distant German ancestry. During WWII, the United States detained a total of 11,507[citation needed] ethnic Germans, overwhelmingly German nationals
Internment of German Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Internment of Italian Americans
But in practice, the US applied detention only to Italian nationals, not to US citizens, or long-term US residents.[1] Italian immigrants had been allowed to gain citizenship through the naturalization process during the years before the war, and by 1940 there were millions of US citizens who had been born in Italy. Ethnic Italians were the largest group in the United States among nationals and ethnic descendants of the three peoples represented by the three Axis powers.
Internment of Italian Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Fakey your beloved FDR chose to intern Japanese American CITIZENS, but not German or Italian citizens...he only went after German and Italian nationals. Isn't that nice?

Japanese American Relocation Camps
After Japan’s surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, on December 7, 1941, and America’s subsequent declaration of war and entry into World War II, President Franklin D. Roosevelt established the War Relocation Authority (WRA), which selected ten sites to incarcerate more than 110,000 Japanese Americans (sixty-four percent of whom were American citizens). They had been forcibly removed from the West Coast, where over eighty percent of Japanese Americans lived. Sixty-two percent of the internees were United States citizens.
Japanese American Relocation Camps - Encyclopedia of Arkansas

Relocation and Incarceration of Japanese Americans During World War II
The United States was fighting the war on three fronts — Japan, Germany, and Italy — compared to the number of Japanese Americans, a relatively small number of Germans and Italians were interned in the United States. But although Executive Order 9066 was written in vague terms that did not specify an ethnicity, it was used for the mass incarceration of Japanese Americans. The government claimed that incarceration was for military necessity and, ironically, to "protect" Japanese Americans from racist retribution they might face as a result of Pearl Harbor. (These reasons were later proved false by the Commission on Wartime Relocation and Internment of Civilians in the 1980s.)

In fact, Japanese Americans and other Asian Americans had long been characterized as a foreign "Yellow Peril" that was a threat to the United States. Prejudice against Japanese Americans, including laws preventing them from owning land, existed long before World War II. Even though Japanese Americans largely considered themselves loyal and even patriotic Americans, suspicions about their loyalties were pervasive. Before Pearl Harbor was bombed, President Roosevelt secretly commissioned Curtis Munson, a businessman, to assess the possibility that Japanese Americans would pose a threat to US security. Munson’s report found (as cited in Ronald Takaki,Strangers from a Distant Shore, page 386) that "There will be no armed uprising of Japanese" in the United States. "For the most part," the report says, "the local Japanese are loyal to the United States or, at worst, hope that by remaining quiet they can avoid concentration camps or irresponsible mobs."

The majority of those interned — nearly 70,000, over 60% — were American citizens. Many of the rest were long-time US residents who had lived in this country between 20 and 40 years. By and large, most Japanese Americans, particularly the Nisei (the first generation born in the United States), considered themselves loyal Americans. No Japanese American or Japanese national was ever found guilty of sabotage or espionage.
Calisphere - JARDA - Relocation and Incarceration of Japanese Americans During World War II

It is amazing to see so much whining about the internment of Japanese Americans during WW II. There were perfectly valid, rational security concerns that led FDR to decide to intern them.

Forum List

Back