BREAKING: Obama will veto Boehner's plan!

so apparently he will not accept ANY deal unless it at the very least carries thru election day. I see.

nope no politics there. so if the house said ok we buy the reid plan ( even though its BS imho) and they senate passed it obama would veto it?

wow....wow.....thats news. I said it this morning, Obama has now put himself on the left of friggin harry reid....:lol:

He won't be electable here.....maybe somewhere else.

maybe that's ok. the compromises put forward by the democrats have pretty much incorporated EVERYTHING the republicans wanted except waiting to raise the debt ceiling until after the election. if this country's going to be governed based on a republican model regardless of which party is actually in power, then let the republicans be in office so they can take the blame for it when it fails.

You go Barack, it's good to see people who make real positive change for all of America stick to their guns, the Founders, Lincoln, FDR, Truman, and LBJ will be proud.

"This is when the Republican Party set its trap. Meeting in closed sessions at the beginning of the Obama regime, the party of tax cuts for the rich, unfunded wars, and the largest deficit in the history of the country redefined itself. It suddenly became the party of deficit reduction through lean government joined to supreme confidence in unregulated financial and corporate markets. It even opposed the bail out of General Motors and Chrysler, though these actions stopped unemployment from reaching a dangerous tipping point, allowed the two companies time to reconstruct themselves, and enabled them to pay back the loans within two years–-creating one of the most successful bailouts in the history of Euro-American economic life." The Contemporary Condition: The Republican Pincer Machine

it's time for the House to pass a bill that would just priortize the necessary bills.....bonds, ss, military pay....we have enough income to cover those....and just let the rest go unpaid...

hey!....REAL spending cuts.....:cool:

The best part of that page is the quote from Gov Scott of Florida, who claims that the impact of would be minimal if we default because the market has "already priced in" the default.

For those keeping score at home, the 10 yr Treasury is currently trading at a yield of 2.95%.

Obama: the House refused to send me a plan that would raise taxes, punt on any real spending cuts and let me focus on my doomed reelection. They left me no choice

You go Barack, it's good to see people who make real positive change for all of America stick to their guns, the Founders, Lincoln, FDR, Truman, and LBJ will be proud.

"This is when the Republican Party set its trap. Meeting in closed sessions at the beginning of the Obama regime, the party of tax cuts for the rich, unfunded wars, and the largest deficit in the history of the country redefined itself. It suddenly became the party of deficit reduction through lean government joined to supreme confidence in unregulated financial and corporate markets. It even opposed the bail out of General Motors and Chrysler, though these actions stopped unemployment from reaching a dangerous tipping point, allowed the two companies time to reconstruct themselves, and enabled them to pay back the loans within two years–-creating one of the most successful bailouts in the history of Euro-American economic life." The Contemporary Condition: The Republican Pincer Machine
:lol::lol:

This isn't a surprise as Senator Reid is also working on a plan which the President knows will be written, for the most part, by grown-ups. some Repubs in the Senate decided that governing might not be such a bad idea :rolleyes: .

Last edited:
Too stubborn to sign a deal after forcing and ramming hc, stimulus down our throats. He'll go down with Carter and Bush. Too bad we can't put footnotes as "how not to run a country."

my god, I haven't been on this site in months and the first thing I see is a post that makes me want to vomit.

If Obama vetoes this. Say hello to President Sarah Palin. This is the 3rd plan the republicans have come up with for the nation. Obama has come up with nothing in 800 days.

my god, I haven't been on this site in months and the first thing I see is a post that makes me want to vomit.

Welcome back, the nutters haven't went anywhere.

I love this, bookmark this blurb becasue this will be the democratic fallback position when we get downgraded ( which was gonna happen no matter what)

from the Huff Po link-

The White House announced on Tuesday that President Barack Obama would veto the bill from House Speaker John Boehner's (R-Ohio) plan. That plan could reportedly lead to a downgrade of the United State's AAA credit rating, because it would only raise the debt limit for a matter of months.

see, obama is going to have to sign a short term deal and he knows it, and he knows that there will in all likelihood be a downgrade anyway...so, he'll say hey the gop should have given me all the money now, take the phony 4 trillion in cuts and we would be cool..................

NOT that in 18 months to 2 years where in we would be right back here again with another 2 trillion added to the debt. basically wiping out any "savings" accrued by that time....not a thing would have changed......and the media? they are already crafting the butt cover for Obama....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back