BREAKING: Obama will veto Boehner's plan!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DavidS, Jul 26, 2011.

1. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +78,668
    Obama: I caused the crisis by vetoing the House Plan, I doubled down when I refused to send the Social Security checks, but reelect me in 2012 because it was Bush's Fault.

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,907
    As opposed to the Republican plan which was written completely by grown ups?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. MeBelle

MeBelle MeBelle 4 Prez 2020 Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,610
    Debt Ceiling Talks Collapse (LATEST UPDATES)

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) called the House GOP's plan "dead on arrival" in the Senate, affirming Tuesday that he will push his caucus to vote down the bill and approve his longer-term debt ceiling increase instead.
    The White House announced on Tuesday that President Barack Obama would veto the bill from House Speaker John Boehner's (R-Ohio) plan. That plan could reportedly lead to a downgrade of the United State's AAA credit rating, because it would only raise the debt limit for a matter of months.
    Reid hinted that he finds his House counterparts' actions questionable, particularly one week from the deadline for the government to begin to default on its loans.
    "I believe the speaker would like to avoid default, but he has a funny way of showing it," Reid told reporters.

This is politics partisan style? Reid wouldn't even bring the House's Cap, Cut and Slash bill to committee to consider! FAIL

Debt Ceiling Talks Collapse (LATEST UPDATES)

The Obama administration has issued a formal veto threat of House Speaker John Boehner's final debt ceiling offer.
    "The Administration strongly opposes House passage of the amendment in the nature of a substitute to S. 627," reads a statement of administration policy from the Office of Management and Budget. "If S. 627 is presented to the President, the President’s senior advisors would recommend that he veto this bill."
    The threat comes amid noticeable chatter that the president had strategically not mentioned the possibility of vetoing Boehner's bill during his prime-time address on Monday evening. It also puts additional pressure on the House Speaker to find a way to meld his debt ceiling legislation with the one crafted by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

Any Bill has to go through the Senate for a vote before it becomes law. Obama stating that he will VETO any thing coming from Boehner is ridiculous! EPIC FAIL Obama wants what he wants and won't sign until he gets what he wants.

In the meantime, the "CIC' is playing games.
    Americans do not need this pettiness now or at any time!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  4. St.Blues

St.Blues BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +79
    As the republicans move forward I think we will see time limits on Congress and the Senate.. We will also see a change in the tax code for the wealthy corporations and they will be less likely to concern themselves with the social issues as the Dem have so deeply engrained themselves into. The Republicans will take the live and let live approach..
    They're headed in the right direction. They will be best suited for all of us in the long term.
    My feeling right now the left is way to far over... both socially and fiscally.

5. 8537

8537 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +737
    You've got to be kidding me. Obama wanted to cut oil subsidies. Raise the top marginal rate. Change the tax implications of hedge fund manager's income. Cut military spending. Find 4T in cuts and revenues. Extend the payroll tax cut. Change the formulation of the CPI for government programs to a chained CPI. Get a bill that extends into 2013....and a host of other items.

The Republicans have said no to every last one of those. It's the R way or the highway.

6. Conservative

Conservative Type 40

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,031
    If SS checks get held up, then yup.. pretty much.

I don't think they will get held up though.

7. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,760
    anyone who thinks dimocrats are "grown up" is a hopeless fool and can never be rehabilitated.. dotcommie.

8. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +78,668
    LOL

Obama said a lot of things, whats wrong with seeing the real spending cuts first? The "revenue raising" (tax hikes) won't bring money in until next year but we can cut spending today.

9. Zona

Zona A guy in ariZONA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +948
    God bless america and its good to see someone we elected go whats right for the country. Just think, he will win again in 2012 and then he can really undo some of the mess he inherited.

Go Obama and I cant wait until 2012.

10. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +541
    pretty sure most people like me stopped reading after god bless america