Breaking News: U.S. Supreme Court Stops Gay Marriage In Utah

No, actually climate science hasn't been a "huge farce" if you talk to the scientific community. 97% of them are in consensus on climate change.

Do you know any gay people? If so, do you actually believe they are suffering from a mental disorder?

The Declassification of Homosexuality by the American Psychiatric Association
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) removed homosexuality from its official Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) in 1973. This decision occurred in the context of momentous cultural changes brought on by the social protest movements of the 1950s to the 1970s: beginning with the African-American civil rights movement, then evolving on to the women's and gay rights movements.

Just as influential in the APA's decision were the research studies on homosexuality of the 1940's and 1950's. Alfred Kinsey's and colleagues' study on male and female sexuality marked the beginning of a cultural shift away from the view of homosexuality as pathology and toward viewing it as a normal variant of human sexuality. Kinsey had criticized scientists' tendency to represent homosexuals and heterosexuals as "inherently different types of individuals." [...]

Clellan Ford and Frank Beach's Patterns of Sexual Behavior (1951), relying on data from the Human Relations Area Files, found homosexuality to be common across cultures and to exist in almost all nonhuman species. Their work supported the notion that homosexuality was both natural and widespread.

Psychologist Evelyn Hooker's groundbreaking study compared the projective test results from 30 nonpatient homosexual men with those of 30 nonpatient heterosexual men. The study found that experienced psychologists, unaware of whose test results they were interpreting, could not distinguish between the two groups. This study was a serious challenge to the view that homosexuality was always associated with psychopathology.[...]

Dr. Robert Spitzer and other members of the APA Task Force on Nomenclature and Statistics agreed to meet with a group of gay activists who presented the scientific evidence to its members and convinced the Task Force to study the issue further. The subsequent research review led the Nomenclature Committee of the APA to propose that homosexuality be eliminated from the DSM. This proposal was approved by the APA's Council on Research and Development, its Reference Committee, and by the Assembly of District Branches before being accepted by the APA's Board of Trustees in December 1973. Other major mental health professional organizations, including the American Psychological Association and the National Association of Social Workers, soon endorsed the APA action. The decision to declassify homosexuality was accompanied by the passage of an APA Position Statement, which supported the protection of the civil rights of homosexual persons.​
How can we trust anyone these days I ask of you, as they are all seemingly on the hook or have climbed upon a bandwagon of weridness and in strangeness that is found in their weaknesses these days ?

Then they pick up or join a cause and/or these strange things in which to belong to, and these are things that are totally going against the grain of the wood anymore, yet it is all being justified somehow, and in someway by them. It is rebellion is all that it is, and we see it big time these days as they have been failed in their lives by those for whom they had looked to for guidence. It's really sad what has taken place with them, but it also is going right along with the word and what it says about these things in which will be taking place in the world. Behold for we see the world transforming again right before our very eyes, and the word therefore is found to be thee foundational truth as it had been written down for all to see, and for all to read. It has been spoken, and therefore we shall all know of these things that are written in truth that shall come, and so shall it be just as it were in the days of old.

Beagle, gays are not mentally ill, our children are fine and nothing is being "transformed". There have always been gays, there will always be gays...we just now live in a society that doesn't treat them like 2nd class citizens. This is not a bad thing.

I don't believe in treating the mentally ill like "second class citizens" but that doesn't mean that I don't want them to get the treatment they so desperately need. I don't hate schizophrenics but I probably wouldn't allow one to babysit my kids. I don't hate homosexuals but I probably wouldn't allow one to babysit my son. I don't hate AIDS patients but I probably wouldn't allow one to take my daughter to a nightclub for drinks.

How can we trust anyone these days I ask of you, as they are all seemingly on the hook or have climbed upon a bandwagon of weridness and in strangeness that is found in their weaknesses these days ?

Then they pick up or join a cause and/or these strange things in which to belong to, and these are things that are totally going against the grain of the wood anymore, yet it is all being justified somehow, and in someway by them. It is rebellion is all that it is, and we see it big time these days as they have been failed in their lives by those for whom they had looked to for guidence. It's really sad what has taken place with them, but it also is going right along with the word and what it says about these things in which will be taking place in the world. Behold for we see the world transforming again right before our very eyes, and the word therefore is found to be thee foundational truth as it had been written down for all to see, and for all to read. It has been spoken, and therefore we shall all know of these things that are written in truth that shall come, and so shall it be just as it were in the days of old.

Beagle, gays are not mentally ill, our children are fine and nothing is being "transformed". There have always been gays, there will always be gays...we just now live in a society that doesn't treat them like 2nd class citizens. This is not a bad thing.

I don't believe in treating the mentally ill like "second class citizens" but that doesn't mean that I don't want them to get the treatment they so desperately need. I don't hate schizophrenics but I probably wouldn't allow one to babysit my kids. I don't hate homosexuals but I probably wouldn't allow one to babysit my son. I don't hate AIDS patients but I probably wouldn't allow one to take my daughter to a nightclub for drinks.
Homosexuality is not considered a mental disorder by mainstream psychologist and psychiatrists because it does not create disorganization of personality or distress in the person affected with the symptoms. Any distress felt by the person is created by society thus it is not treatable. It was removed from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders in 1980. There is no accepted "cure" or treatment for homosexuality.

You don't become homosexual or for that matter a heterosexual all of the sudden.

Your right, as it is a choice that is made either way in life, so it all comes down to choices, and not giving in to sin when choices are being made at any time in ones life.

Apart from God and his guidence in ones life, there is no telling what people are capable of, and it has been seen over time as to what they are capable of, especially when they make the choices that they make in life without God in their lives. Funny how when those choices are made, that it matters not who it hurts or anything else when the choices are bad ones in which they make, so it always best to thrive to make good choices in ones life, and not allow the devil to win the day as he has been doing more and more and more in this nation it seems.
There is a choice but not in the way you mean. A person who is born with an attraction to those of the same sex does have a choice to make. They can closet their feelings and spend their life hiding who they are or they can admit the truth to themselves and the world.

Closeted homosexual feeling often leads to serious physiological problems that are destructed both to the individual and others. These problems manifest themselves in loss of self esteem, self hatred, gay bashing, leading a double life, and anti-social behavior often directed at spouses or the children.
I see it is a choice they make, or something that is manipulated/brainwashed into them. It all is spawned from a weakness in their lives I think, whether it be in one form or another in which they were found as weak cubs seperated from reality, the herd, the family, and from what is normal or was supposed to be normal in their lives. Now you see it differently, so we will agree to disagree, and that is that. Just take the wild for example, and what goes on in the wild, where as when the cub is found strayed or weakened, then what happens to that cub ? Sil says Harvey Milk showed up.

Last edited:
Your right, as it is a choice that is made either way in life, so it all comes down to choices, and not giving in to sin when choices are being made at any time in ones life.

Apart from God and his guidence in ones life, there is no telling what people are capable of, and it has been seen over time as to what they are capable of, especially when they make the choices that they make in life without God in their lives. Funny how when those choices are made, that it matters not who it hurts or anything else when the choices are bad ones in which they make, so it always best to thrive to make good choices in ones life, and not allow the devil to win the day as he has been doing more and more and more in this nation it seems.

There is a choice but not in the way you mean. A person who is born with an attraction to those of the same sex does have a choice to make. They can closet their feelings and spend their life hiding who they are or they can admit the truth to themselves and the world.

Closeted homosexual feeling often leads to serious physiological problems that are destructed both to the individual and others. These problems manifest themselves in loss of self esteem, self hatred, gay bashing, leading a double life, and anti-social behavior often directed at spouses or the children.

I see it is a choice they make, or something that is manipulated/brainwashed into them. It all is spawned from a weakness in their lives I think, whether it be in one form or another in which they were found as weak cubs seperated from reality, the herd, the family, and from what is normal or was supposed to be normal in their lives. Now you see it differently, so we will agree to disagree, and that is that. Just take the wild for example, and what goes on in the wild, where as when the cub is found strayed or weakened, then what happens to that cub ? Sil says Harvey Milk showed up.

No, you don't see. The only choice is in acting upon our natural inclinations. You do not chose the attractions.

Could you chose to be attracted to someone of the same gender?

beagle9 believes that his subjective feelings are evidence of some sort for the rest of us that we should do what he wants. He has no factual evidence what so ever. Neither does Sil.

beagle9 believes that his subjective feelings are evidence of some sort for the rest of us that we should do what he wants. He has no factual evidence what so ever. Neither does Sil.
No one expects you to do anything but listen maybe or to think outside the box if you are here and joining in to the conversation, and then you can make your own judgements in life afterwards. Now we will also listen to you out of respect, but hey if you choose to ignore things that make you go hmmmm, then that is your own condition or closed mindedness in your life, but it isn't others in which you try and speak for also here, so at least know that much Jake. I mean who is it that you were speaking to when you just wrote what you just wrote, and did they answer or coddle you yet ? I bet you think you are speaking to a huge crowd that agree's mostly with you, now don't you Jake ? LOL

No one expects you to do anything but listen maybe or to think outside the box if you are here and joining in to the conversation, and then you can make your own judgements in life afterwards. Now we will also listen to you out of respect, but hey if you choose to ignore things that make you go hmmmm, then that is your own condition or closed mindedness in your life, but it isn't others in which you try and speak for also here, so at least know that much Jake. I mean who is it that you were speaking to when you just wrote what you just wrote, and did they answer or coddle you yet ? I bet you think you are speaking to a huge crowd that agree's mostly with you, now don't you Jake ? LOL

Jake doesn't think or listen. He is simple advocating blindly for LGBT. You could literally show him a picture of Harvey Milk up to his skin purse in some underaged teen boy he had bent over a table and he would find a way to call you a hater for saying there is something wrong with that. They're on a rampage. There are none of the five senses involved. This is a cult. Cults don't listen to reason. They are either stopped or they burn everything in their path. That's what's going on today and we are all watching it happen.

No, you don't see. The only choice is in acting upon our natural inclinations. You do not chose the attractions.

Could you chose to be attracted to someone of the same gender?
Yes I could choose anything of course, but I wouldn't choose certain things in life because well I don't follow seemingly weird and/or strange things in life. I was raised and/or was taught that such things were weird or strange in this life, and that it is sinfulness, but (yes) I could choose to do anything I want too, and actually I do engage in anything within reason that I want too, but I have to follow my heart, and my learned and taught ways in my life, and for me it appears that I have been taught actually correctly as according to me and my thinking in which was given me by my parents, but for others I guess they have the right to make their choices as they have been doing also in their life just as well, but that doesn't make them right over me and my thinking about what is right and what is wrong in life for me, and/or for my family in according to our beliefs in life. Now like I said to Jake, what about people teaching their children that these things are wrong and sinful just as I was taught, and that they are not to be engaged in ? How do you deal with that, and at the same time allow us our freedoms and space in which we are entitled to just as well in this nation ? It is a problem..

Last edited:

Jake doesn't think or listen. He is simple advocating blindly for LGBT. You could literally show him a picture of Harvey Milk up to his skin purse in some underaged teen boy he had bent over a table and he would find a way to call you a hater for saying there is something wrong with that. They're on a rampage. There are none of the five senses involved. This is a cult. Cults don't listen to reason. They are either stopped or they burn everything in their path. That's what's going on today and we are all watching it happen.
I think Jake argues for anything, as he enjoy's trying to make himself think that he is the smartest person in the room..LOL.... I wonder what he does think really, because like so many accuse of here, he might be just a troll, and that is what trolls do is (argue), yet they have no stances because they straddle the fence to much.

The government needs to get out of Americans social lives, and especially Americans childrens lives.

The only thing the government should be doing is providing for our defence and working to manage the budget over funds and/or funding for roads and other public services as is needed, but they need to get the hec out of the Americans social lives, and quit dabbling in social experimentation at everyones expense. It has absoluetly no business there. Period!

People pull your children closer than you ever have before to yourselves, because they (the government that is infiltrated by various groups) are attempting to take them away from you mentally, and brainwash them unto their demise. AMERICA BEWARE!

You speak of reason yet you use guilt by association to condemn the LGBT movements. This is a fundamental error in logic that has been used to support racial, sexual, and religious discrimination since the beginning of time. Your argument would only be valid it you could show that Harvey Milk has actually been found guilty of the sexual abuse in your accusation and the vast majority of the LGBT condone this abuse.

It's insufficient to simply site accusations of sexual abuse or jump to the conclusion that the most LGBTs admire Harvey Milk for anything other than being one the first openly gay politicians and passing gay right legislation.

You speak of reason yet you use guilt by association to condemn the LGBT movements. This is a fundamental error in logic that has been used to support racial, sexual, and religious discrimination since the beginning of time. Your argument would only be valid it you could show that Harvey Milk has actually been found guilty of the sexual abuse in your accusation and the vast majority of the LGBT condone this abuse.

It's insufficient to simply site accusations of sexual abuse or jump to the conclusion that the most LGBTs admire Harvey Milk for anything other than being one the first openly gay politicians and passing gay right legislation.

You or anyone else can read Harvey Milk's biography. In fact, a child doing a book report on him can read it too. Maybe present it in the mandatory celebration day of him in California schools May 22nd.

The book is "The Mayor of Castro Street; The Life and Times of Harvey Milk" by his friend and accredited gay journalist Randy Shilts.

Over 60+ groups in the US, Mexico and Canada who avidly revere all that Milk stood for [presumably one or two of them read his biography?] petitioned the US postal service to commission this stamp in reverence to him:

c260f88b-b15f-4144-b9ab-fcdfdf3e01d7_zpsa0887f69.jpg

When you don't want to be guilty by association with a teen sex predator, you shouldn't associate with him. Pretty simple stuff.

Last edited:
Sil and beagle9 continue to filibabble, substituting their feelings for evidence. Unsophisticated debaters try to engage as if they are intellectuals. Clearly they are not.

Time to move on.

You or anyone else can read Harvey Milk's biography. In fact, a child doing a book report on him can read it too. Maybe present it in the mandatory celebration day of him in California schools May 22nd.

The book is "The Mayor of Castro Street; The Life and Times of Harvey Milk" by his friend and accredited gay journalist Randy Shilts.

Over 60+ groups in the US, Mexico and Canada who avidly revere all that Milk stood for [presumably one or two of them read his biography?] petitioned the US postal service to commission this stamp in reverence to him:

When you don't want to be guilty by association with a teen sex predator, you shouldn't associate with him. Pretty simple stuff.
LGBT groups that praise Harvey Milk do so for for his accomplishments as being one of first elect openly gay politicians not because of any accusation of sexual abuse that he might have committed. This should not be that hard to understand. We praise Edison because of his inventions not because he electrocuted dozens of large animals at the Luna Park Zoo on Coney Island just to show the dangers of electricity. We praise Steve Jobs because of his his innovations not because he was an asshole who bullied employees and nearly destroyed his own company because of his immaturity. The list goes on and on, Freud who liberally prescribed cocaine to patients, Motzart who wrote pornography verse, Albert Einsteins who sleep around and was infatuated with his cousin, and Ben Franklin who was a pimp daddy with women of all ages. These people and thousands of other like Harvey Milk are celebrated for their accomplishment, not because of their supposed failings.

Last edited:
Sil and beagle9 continue to filibabble, substituting their feelings for evidence. Unsophisticated debaters try to engage as if they are intellectuals. Clearly they are not.

Time to move on.
We had you fighting purty darn hard in order to try and overcome these two unsophistigated debators in which you accuse of as such here Jake, so hey you know what ? I am dog gone proud to have engaged in what must have been a shock to you, because dealing with the likes of you, and in such a simple way, really says it all Jake. In order to hold down someone that is sooooooo intelectual as according to yourself there Jake, well it makes me think man I must be dreaming that I could actually compete on your level as in accordance with you, and yet here you are all by yourself in your celebration, just like you were on all your birthdays I bet. LOL

Man you ought to be ashamed that you have been toyed with so badly by two unsophistigated debators as we are in your egotistical mind Jake (or) are you just plain wrong yet again in your life about these things, and here it is again that you just don't know it even though you should know it by now ? LOL wow poor ole Jake the closet democrat. Too funny!

LGBT groups that praise Harvey Milk do so for for his accomplishments as being one of first elect openly gay politicians not because of any accusation of sexual abuse that he might have committed. This should not be that hard to understand. We praise Edison because of his inventions not because he electrocuted dozens of large animals at the Luna Park Zoo on Coney Island just to show the dangers of electricity. We praise Steve Jobs because of his his innovations not because he was an asshole who bullied employees and nearly destroyed his own company because of his immaturity. The list goes on and on, Freud who liberally prescribed cocaine to patients, Motzart who wrote pornography verse, Albert Einsteins who sleep around and was infatuated with his cousin, and Ben Franklin who was a pimp daddy with women of all ages. These people and thousands of other like Harvey Milk are celebrated for their accomplishment, not because of their supposed failings.
Catch up man, as we have been over these same things already.. I tire of trying to rewrite what somebody has missed or tries to re-ignite in these ways.. wow-O- wow.

Catch up man, as we have been over these same things already.. I tire of trying to rewrite what somebody has missed or tries to re-ignite in these ways.. wow-O- wow.
Don't bother. You can't defend your points based on guilt by association and unsupported accusations. Those arguments fail.

Don't bother. You can't defend your points based on guilt by association and unsupported accusations. Those arguments fail.
Another tactic used maybe ? I'll be here for a while, but bring something else into the frey, because we have already adressed these points time and time again, and we have won some and we have tied on some time and time again. Now go back and read in order to keep us from adressing these points yet again and again and again please.

Forum List

Back