Breaking News: U.S. Supreme Court Stops Gay Marriage In Utah

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
This is indeed great news to hear. I am glad the SCOTUS stepped in and overruled a radical judge's ruling. Gay marriage should not be tolerated in the United States since it is a abomination. What we all should be promoting is the traditional marriage between man and woman. This is a win for moral family values and common decency.

Supreme Court puts gay marriage on hold in Utah | Fox News

The Supreme Court on Monday put gay marriage on hold in Utah, giving the state time to appeal a federal judge's ruling against Utah's same-sex marriage ban.

The court issued a brief order Monday blocking any new same-sex unions in the state. The ruling comes after a Dec. 20 ruling by U.S. District Judge Robert Shelby that the state's ban on same-sex marriage violates gay and lesbian couples' constitutional rights.

Gay marriage is inevitable. And only religious progressives believe in Government controlling our sex lives as marriage. Marriage is a Government issue for tax reasons only, get rid of the deductions and taxes and there is no reason for Government to be involved in a religious matter.

I thought you wanted to promote the stability of our society?

You're the one that wants an unavoidable 94% tax rate... hard to do that when you don't want Government telling people who can and can't get married and then taxing them. Government people like Obama.

This is where I become confused. Marriage s a conservative concept.

Why are conservatives against it and gays for it?

Gays want to be more conservative why don't we let them?

Good that the Supreme Court put a halt to this. The solution here is to ask the residents of Utah during the midterms later this year. Let the residents of Utah decide the direction of their state.

Putting civil rights up for a ballot question is one of the worst things you can do to a group of people you know.

What do you think would happen if the people of Alabama were left to decide the fate of the African American communities in the 1960's?

Why is marriage a conservative concept??

Good that the Supreme Court put a halt to this. The solution here is to ask the residents of Utah during the midterms later this year. Let the residents of Utah decide the direction of their state.

Putting civil rights up for a ballot question is one of the worst things you can do to a group of people you know.

What do you think would happen if the people of Alabama were left to decide the fate of the African American communities in the 1960's?

Civil rights have nothing to do with what we are discussing here.

And you shouldn't speculate what would or wouldn't have happen. The people may have surprised you. But we will never know because the Courts had their way first.

refusing the same rights to certain people because of how they are born is a civil rights issue

I could only speak for myself, however as a man of faith, I don't acknowledge nor endorse gay marriage. My faith is extremely important to me, and I would not ever consider abandoning my faith in order to endorse gay marriage.

This is indeed great news to hear. I am glad the SCOTUS stepped in and overruled a radical judge's ruling. Gay marriage should not be tolerated in the United States since it is a abomination. What we all should be promoting is the traditional marriage between man and woman. This is a win for moral family values and common decency.

The Supreme Court on Monday put gay marriage on hold in Utah, giving the state time to appeal a federal judge's ruling against Utah's same-sex marriage ban.

The court issued a brief order Monday blocking any new same-sex unions in the state. The ruling comes after a Dec. 20 ruling by U.S. District Judge Robert Shelby that the state's ban on same-sex marriage violates gay and lesbian couples' constitutional rights.
I believe the States should have the right to determine what laws they should be allowed to follow.

However, I disagree with your notion that government should be allowed to enter anyone's bedroom and dictate, under penalty of law, what a person can or cannot do in their homes. This is not a Conservative stance and smacks of tyranny.

Either you are for limited government, or you are not.

Marriage was established at the Foundation of the world, before there was conservative or liberal or any other sort of political group. It exists over politics.

Gays are free to marry already. The issue is they don't want to get married. They want us to redefine marriage to include what they want to do.

We could pass a law calling all dogs cats. That doesn't mean dogs are cats. Nor does it mean that same sex relationships are marriages.

I believe the States should have the right to determine what laws they should be allowed to follow.

However, I disagree with your notion that government should be allowed to enter anyone's bedroom and dictate, under penalty of law, what a person can or cannot do in their homes. This is not a Conservative stance and smacks of tyranny.

Either you are for limited government, or you are not.

How does not expanding the governments power to regulate same sex relationships allow the government to dictate what a person can do in their homes? By not recognizing same sex relationships as marriage, has the government prevented them from doing anything they want sexually?

I could only speak for myself, however as a man of faith, I don't acknowledge nor endorse gay marriage. My faith is extremely important to me, and I would not ever consider abandoning my faith in order to endorse gay marriage.

And I would hope you would never be asked to.

Now...let's go on to civil laws....do you think that civil laws should be at the beck and call of religious beliefs?

Forum List

Back