Breaking News: Feds Arrest Somali-Born Teen After Car-Bomb Sting at Oregon Christmas

Sounds like another tactic that may be utilized by our enemies - teenagers. They know the bleeding hearts will make it extremely difficult to go after "children". His entire family should be deported.

Hey - has the MSM or Big Sis used the "t-word" yet. Or will he be portrayed as a bullied child who was frustrated that he couldn't get a date to the prom?

I fail to see what his family have to do with it. And... for the moment.... all we have is what the media tells us.... which is NOT the full story. Personally, I prefer waiting to find out ALL the facts before I hang someone... and that person's family. Hysterical overreaction does not to anyone any favors.

I seriously doubt you will live long enough to find out ALL THE FACTS.

The Feds track record in cases like this suggest that the kid was probably given the idea, told how to do it, and supplied with all the ingredients. I do not understand why this is not entrapment.

It is entrapment.

Playing whack-a-mole with Somalis in the US until you find one who agrees to use a cell phone to detonate fake bombs you give him is not "homeland security."

I would guess DHS is trying to recruit "angry white guys" to do this, too, but that's not working out the way they want.

What a fraud.

Its not entrapment. This asshole was in communication with terrorists in Pakistan, and wanted to go there to train. This shithead muslim had the will to kill Americans. He is a traitor since he is a "US citizen" and should be hung.

He was in communication with a terrorist in Pakistan who put him in touch with undercover FBI agents. Does any of that sound just a bit suspicious to you?

It is entrapment.

Playing whack-a-mole with Somalis in the US until you find one who agrees to use a cell phone to detonate fake bombs you give him is not "homeland security."

I would guess DHS is trying to recruit "angry white guys" to do this, too, but that's not working out the way they want.

What a fraud.

Its not entrapment. This asshole was in communication with terrorists in Pakistan, and wanted to go there to train. This shithead muslim had the will to kill Americans. He is a traitor since he is a "US citizen" and should be hung.

He was in communication with a terrorist in Pakistan who put him in touch with undercover FBI agents. Does any of that sound just a bit suspicious to you?

Yeah, wake me up when they catch some Somali with real explosives, not fake ones the FBI supplied him.

I differentiate government busting up a real terror plot from government making one up.

There is a significant difference. If the FBI had caught this guy with the materials to carry out the plot, and not supplied them themselves, I would have absolutely no problem with the former, the latter makes me uncomfortable.

Your government giving teenagers who want them fake bombs does not make you safe.

First of all, you're calling him a "teenager" implies he is just some innocent kid. He is an adult. I doubt you would call 18 and 19 year old marines that die in Afganistan or Iraq "teenagers".

Taking someone off the streets who has the will to blow people up does make us safe. You want this asshole who was in contact with Pakistan terrorists to be set free?

Yeah, catch the guys with the explosives, not the kid too stupid to know he's being set up by the FBI.

Here we go again with the "he's too stupid to be a real terrorist" line. A lot of them are morons. Doesn't make them less dangerous.
Believing only the ones with proper bomb making skills are worthy of pursuing is very, very dangerous. Congrats to the FBI.

The Feds track record in cases like this suggest that the kid was probably given the idea, told how to do it, and supplied with all the ingredients. I do not understand why this is not entrapment.

Oh come on, they intercepted his emails and took over pretending to be the people this jackass wanted them to be. And you want to stand up for another terrorists.... Sickening just fucking sickening.

I say lock his ass up for life, and then go back and revisit everyone who has applied for entry into the US from any country where any of these terrorists and wannabes have come from. It's time to shut them down.

It is entrapment.

What a fraud.

Wrong answer.

Yet again, there is already a thread on this. Perhaps the OP could learn to use the 'search' function or is that too hard?

I kinda feel bad for the FBI on this.You know The Justice dept on behalf of the President will come down hard on them for violating this mans God given and constitutional rights to kills us.

Gee look, they caught him by monitoring his email to terrorists overseas. Can't wait to hear the libruls start crying about how his rights were violated.

And why the fuck is a somali-born teen a 'naturalized' citizen? We don't need to be importing Somalis.

(CNN) -- A 19-year-old has been arrested in connection with a plot to detonate a vehicle bomb at an annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Portland, Oregon, on Friday evening, the Justice Department announced.

Mohamed Osman Mohamud, a naturalized U.S. citizen from Somalia, was arrested on suspicion of attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction. He is a resident of Corvallis, Oregon, and a student at Oregon State University, according to the FBI.
Somali-American accused of plotting to bomb Oregon tree-lighting event - CNN.com

We're not at war with Islam...

I've only read the 1st page, but so far, the only people "crying" over the terrorist are right wingers :lol::lol:

TEMPTING someone to do something horribly WRONG is entrapment?

No, the government tempting someone to do something horribly wrong is entrapment.

How about we use a real definition of entrapment, instead of your wingnut one?

Entrapment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In criminal law, entrapment is constituted by a law enforcement agent inducing a person to commit an offense that the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit.[1] In many jurisdictions, entrapment is a possible defense against criminal liability. However, there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime. For example, it is not entrapment for a government agent to pretend to be someone else and to offer, either directly or through an informant or other decoy, to engage in an unlawful transaction with the person (see sting operation). So, a person would not be a victim of entrapment if the person was ready, willing and able to commit the crime charged in the indictment whenever opportunity was afforded, and that Government officers or their agents did no more than offer an opportunity.

On the other hand, if the evidence leaves a reasonable doubt whether the person had any intent to commit the crime except for inducement or persuasion on the part of some Government officer or agent, then the person is not guilty.

In slightly different words: Even though someone may have sold drugs, as charged by the government, if it was the result of entrapment then he is not guilty. Government agents entrapped him if three conditions are fulfilled:

1) The idea for committing the crime came from the government agents and not from the person accused of the crime.

2) Government agents then persuaded or talked the person into committing the crime. Simply giving him the opportunity to commit the crime is not the same as persuading him to commit the crime.

3) The person was not ready and willing to commit the crime before the government agents spoke with him.

I kinda feel bad for the FBI on this.You know The Justice dept on behalf of the President will come down hard on them for violating this mans God given and constitutional rights to kills us.

So far, the only people complaining in this thread are right wing morons.

Amazing stuff.This guy wanted to blow people up,woman and children,and there's a few in this thread who are on his side.They are defending him.They seem a little angry that the FBI stopped him.How dare the FBI use every means necessary to stop this individual and they were successful doing it and how are the left wing crazies feeling about it.....

THEY ARE MAD AT THE FBI.......

I don't understand people anymore....

TEMPTING someone to do something horribly WRONG is entrapment?

No, the government tempting someone to do something horribly wrong is entrapment.

How about we use a real definition of entrapment, instead of your wingnut one?

Entrapment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In criminal law, entrapment is constituted by a law enforcement agent inducing a person to commit an offense that the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit.[1] In many jurisdictions, entrapment is a possible defense against criminal liability. However, there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime. For example, it is not entrapment for a government agent to pretend to be someone else and to offer, either directly or through an informant or other decoy, to engage in an unlawful transaction with the person (see sting operation). So, a person would not be a victim of entrapment if the person was ready, willing and able to commit the crime charged in the indictment whenever opportunity was afforded, and that Government officers or their agents did no more than offer an opportunity.

On the other hand, if the evidence leaves a reasonable doubt whether the person had any intent to commit the crime except for inducement or persuasion on the part of some Government officer or agent, then the person is not guilty.

In slightly different words: Even though someone may have sold drugs, as charged by the government, if it was the result of entrapment then he is not guilty. Government agents entrapped him if three conditions are fulfilled:

1) The idea for committing the crime came from the government agents and not from the person accused of the crime.

2) Government agents then persuaded or talked the person into committing the crime. Simply giving him the opportunity to commit the crime is not the same as persuading him to commit the crime.

3) The person was not ready and willing to commit the crime before the government agents spoke with him.

What is it about my, admittedly simplified, definition that you take exception to?

Forum List

Back