Breaking News: Feds Arrest Somali-Born Teen After Car-Bomb Sting at Oregon Christmas

Well done FBI!

My good friend was there at the tree lighting celebration. What a horrible disaster this could have been. I'm very thankful our FBI stopped this terrorist plot. The Obama administration is doing a great job keeping us safe from terrorism.

Way to go!

No administration should be congratulated for keeping us safe. Our security services do the job... despite the obstacles thrown at them by whatever Administration is in the WH. Idiot.

Hey guess what? I just read that "tens of thousands of Somalis" emigrated to the US in 1991 because of "lawlessness" in that country. I suppose they've been able to sponsor other family members since then. Good grief.

Someone brought up Chicago sting using 2 X 4's, really. Nope, we're glad to have had the FBI break up something similar earlier this year, to the Oregon story:

Man Charged in Wrigleyville Bomb Plot: FBI | NBC Chicago

Man Charged in Wrigleyville Bomb Plot: FBI
Lebanese man also wanted to poison Lake Michigan, assassinate mayor, feds say
By NATALIE MARTINEZ and BJ LUTZ
Updated 10:33 PM CST, Mon, Sep 20, 2010

To view this video you must to have Flash Player 9.0 or later installed. Click to download the most recent version of Flash.

A 22-year-old Lebanese medical student who regards Sept. 11 as a "beautiful day" is in custody after placing a backpack containing what he thought was an explosive device into a Wrigleyville trash can, federal authorities said Monday.

Sami Samir Hassoun, of the 4700 block of North Kedzie, has been charged with one count each of attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction and attempted use of an explosive device, the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Chicago office said.

Hassoun's arrest after midnight Saturday comes after a months-long investigation during which he unknowingly worked with an informant and an undercover FBI agent, officials said.

In the past year, Hassoun, who neighbors say moved to Chicago with his family two to three years ago, became increasingly unhappy with how the city was being managed. According to the criminal complaint, Hassoun said on occassion that he wanted to spark a "revolution" in Chicago and "kill the nightlife."

Terror Suspect Described as Hardworking, Ambitious, Normal

"He claimed that he was trying to force enough embarrassment on the city of Chicago to cause Mayor Daley to resign," said the FBI's Ross Rice.

"I will f*** Chicago. I will shake Chicago," the criminal complaint quotes Hassoun as saying.

Hassoun, who is a permanent resident alien, in June began expressing to an "associate" the desire to commit acts of violence in the city for financial gain and to cause "political transformation in Chicago."...

and as blue as Chicago may be politically, it has never been as idiotic as Portland appears to have been:

Politically correct Portland rejected feds who saved city from terrorist attack | Washington Examiner

Politically correct Portland rejected feds who saved city from terrorist attack

Comments (0)
By: Byron York 11/28/10 7:29 AM
Chief Political Correspondent

In 2005, leaders in Portland, Oregon, angry at the Bush administration's conduct of the war on terror, voted not to allow city law enforcement officers to participate in a key anti-terror initiative, the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force. On Friday, that task force helped prevent what could have been a horrific terrorist attack in Portland. Now city officials say they might re-think their participation in the task force -- because Barack Obama is in the White House.

Sounds like another tactic that may be utilized by our enemies - teenagers. They know the bleeding hearts will make it extremely difficult to go after "children". His entire family should be deported.

Hey - has the MSM or Big Sis used the "t-word" yet. Or will he be portrayed as a bullied child who was frustrated that he couldn't get a date to the prom?
:lol: Wow, you are steeped in anger and hate...amazing.

He is just misunderstood, a product of an unjust society where some,those on the right believe that a person should be held accountable for their actions.Then you have those on the left who don't want people held accountable for their actions and when a person breaks a law or doesn't contribute to a society feels it's everyone else's fault and they should be held accountable. :eusa_shhh:

The question is

Would this person have been involved in a bomb plot without the FBI's help?

WE do not really know.

What we can know, however, is that this person, for whatever reason, went along with that plot.

Was he the original author it, or was some FBI agent egging him on?

Again, until the trial (where I have no doubt this question will be raised) we will not know.

Sounds like another tactic that may be utilized by our enemies - teenagers. They know the bleeding hearts will make it extremely difficult to go after "children". His entire family should be deported.

Hey - has the MSM or Big Sis used the "t-word" yet. Or will he be portrayed as a bullied child who was frustrated that he couldn't get a date to the prom?

He is just misunderstood, a product of an unjust society where some,those on the right believe that a person should be held accountable for their actions.Then you have those on the left who don't want people held accountable for their actions and when a person breaks a law or doesn't contribute to a society feels it's everyone else's fault and they should be held accountable. :eusa_shhh:

Talking about accountability

Will any of the wingnuts who said it would be the liberals who complain about this arrest, now admit that the only posters objecting to this are all right wing morons?

WIll YOU admit your lying about how the left doesn't want people held accountable when it's the rightwingers who are objecting to this terrorist sting operation?

I doubt it.

Talking about accountability

Will any of the wingnuts who said it would be the liberals who complain about this arrest, now admit that the only posters objecting to this are all right wing morons?

WIll YOU admit your lying about how the left doesn't want people held accountable when it's the rightwingers who are objecting to this terrorist sting operation?

I doubt it.

You have a problem distinguishing between right and left? It's OK, we understand.

The question is

WE do not really know.

What we can know, however, is that this person, for whatever reason, went along with that plot.

Again, until the trial (where I have no doubt this question will be raised) we will not know.

Your question is irrelevant to the issue of entrapment. Under the law, the police are allowed to provide the material support the target needs to carry out the crime. Whether or not the would be terrorist could have committed the crime w/o the help of the undercover cops is irrelevant. The main thing is that the accused was willing and able to commit a crime. To simplify matters a bit, what counts is that the police did not pay him to do this, or persuade him into doing it. If they did either of those two things. it would be entrapment.

Well done FBI!

My good friend was there at the tree lighting celebration. What a horrible disaster this could have been. I'm very thankful our FBI stopped this terrorist plot. The Obama administration is doing a great job keeping us safe from terrorism.

Way to go!

No administration should be congratulated for keeping us safe. Our security services do the job... despite the obstacles thrown at them by whatever Administration is in the WH. Idiot.

so you can never congratulate a whitehouse, but only give them shit for "throwing obstacles" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

you are one dumb lady

CaféAuLait;3022111 said:
Breaking News: Feds Arrest Somali-Born Teen After Car-Bomb Sting at Oregon Christmas Tree Ceremony

PORTLAND, Oregon -- Federal prosecutors say a Somali-born teenager plotted to carry out a car bomb attack at a crowded Christmas tree lighting ceremony in downtown Portland on Friday but the bomb turned out to be a dud supplied by undercover agents as part of a sting.

Feds Arrest Somali-Born Teen in Car Bomb Plot - FoxNews.com

Thank goodness they caught him.
The most important part of this story is that local Muslim leaders have unconditionally condemned this bomb plot.
That's a first.
There still needs to be plenty of fence mending from Muslims before they gain my trust.

The government could hand out fake 2 x 4s to inner city kids in Chicago to bash each others' heads in.

What would that prove?
Ok yoou have an opinion. You think it's entrapment. Most would consider this good police work.
At the end of the day there is one less terrorist on the street.
Look, this kid has been looked at since he was 15. He was reported to the authorities as a potential threat based on things HE said to others.
I would tend to agree with entrapment if the FBI picked some obscure individual and used deception to "create" a crime.
Such is not the case. So you can put away your 1960's kumbayah anti-establishment purse.
Done.

It sure looks like some wingnuts have a lot of sympathy for the terrorists

No wonder we were attacked when a rightwinger was president.

bush-abdulah.jpg

It's nice to know the FBI is doing their job and rooting crazy lil' fucks like this asshole out.

I consider it tax dollars well spent.

You're not exactly the brightest light on the ol' Christmas tree o' life.......That's for sure!:cuckoo:

Their "job" is to dangle fake explosives in front of teenagers to see who salutes?

How would you have felt if someone had "dangled real explosives" in his face and the FBI
DID not catch him and he carried out his plan.....

Oh yeh you would have blamed the people who had been blown up because somehow they caused this guy to hate them.....

Anyone can offer to give me explosives and say to me "how bout we go kill some people...
I don't think I would take them up on their offer because I didn't want to blow anyone up to begin with.

I love the Libs thinking on taking responsibility for ones actions...It's never their fault for anything...

Not their fault they don't have a good job,good education,nice house....It's never their fault
they have less then everyone else.:evil:

Like the Times Square bomber?

Maybe if the FBI had been looking for real threats, instead of concentrating on supplying this guy, and all the other guys they have supplied with fake bombs they would have stopped that attack before he had the bomb in his car. I am certainly glad it makes you feel safer, but it does nothing for me.

Are you going to try and claim that I think it is the fault of people who get blown up, and that I don't believe in personal responsibility?

The question is

WE do not really know.

Your question is irrelevant to the issue of entrapment. Under the law, the police are allowed to provide the material support the target needs to carry out the crime. Whether or not the would be terrorist could have committed the crime w/o the help of the undercover cops is irrelevant. The main thing is that the accused was willing and able to commit a crime. To simplify matters a bit, what counts is that the police did not pay him to do this, or persuade him into doing it. If they did either of those two things. it would be entrapment.

So, if they take a guy that is a little bitter, work on him for months, talk about blowing something up, tell him he is going to be a martyr, and supply him with everything he needs to blow up something, that is not entrapment because...

This is where I get confused, and so do some lawyers I can cite. You might be an expert at something, but this is not it.

The government could hand out fake 2 x 4s to inner city kids in Chicago to bash each others' heads in.

What would that prove?
Ok yoou have an opinion. You think it's entrapment. Most would consider this good police work.
Look, this kid has been looked at since he was 15. He was reported to the authorities as a potential threat based on things HE said to others.
I would tend to agree with entrapment if the FBI picked some obscure individual and used deception to "create" a crime.
Such is not the case. So you can put away your 1960's kumbayah anti-establishment purse.
Done.

Wow, you believe everything the FBI is saying. I am impressed, could I sell you a bridge?

What would that prove?
Done.

Wow, you believe everything the FBI is saying. I am impressed, could I sell you a bridge?

You are a fucking idiot. just saying

What would that prove?
Done.

Counter question. Do you assume the FBI is always lying to us?
Do you think the capture and arrest of this person to be folly?
Do you no think this person represented a real threat. Based on his conduct from the time he was under suspicion since age 15?

Forum List

Back