BREAKING: NAACP Takes Over Houston Polling Station, Advocates for President Obama

No matter how hard they try to skew the election their way, Obama-supporters are not going to be able to overcome the massive turnout for President Romney this Tuesday!

On Tuesday, there won't only be protection for people who want to vote, lawyers are everywhere standing by.

You Rs brought this on yourselves with vote suppressing tactics. Let's keep it fair and non violent and everything will be fine.

Illegal how?

You can not Campaign for a Candidate in or around a Polling place. Idiot.

The NAACP is not a campaign or a candidate. Their shirts violated no Electioneering statue I'm aware of and water is just water.

I didn't see a single quote in the OP's article that would constitute electioneering.

It depends on the state.
Texas Election Code - Section 85.036. Electioneering Prohibited - Texas Attorney Resources - Texas Laws
Strict Enforcement of State Electioneering Laws Problematic :: Washington and Lee University
“Most states have laws against electioneering, and some of those laws — those in Texas and New York, for instance — do have prohibitions against voters having what is usually called ‘campaign material,’ which could include T-shirts.”

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/EL/htm/EL.61.htm#61.008
Sec. 61.008. UNLAWFULLY INFLUENCING VOTER. (a) A person commits an offense if the person indicates to a voter in a polling place by word, sign, or gesture how the person desires the voter to vote or not vote.

Last edited:
On Tuesday, there won't only be protection for people who want to vote, lawyers are everywhere standing by.

You Rs brought this on yourselves with vote suppressing tactics. Let's keep it fair and non violent and everything will be fine.

Too funny :)

The Left is threatening violence, nobody else.

Fair enough, I honestly didn't pay much attention to them.

It makes me wonder even more why nobody did anything about something seemingly so serious.

Is it a serious matter when black people buck a line? And if they buck a line would it be likely for the rest of the line to object? Not necessarily.

In the Marine Corps, in long "chow" lines leading up to the mess hall, black guys would regularly buck the line to the point where the line went into the mess hall door, and they did it without a second thought. I never saw them get any resistance from the white guys there who simply acquiesced. The white Marines weren't afraid, they just didn't want to get into a hassle about it. The black guys took advantage of that indifference.

Did they make the white guys drink from separate water fountains, or get off the sidewalk when black folks passed by?

No they didn't but at the time that had only just gone away in the "ville" (In North Carolina)
But that no doubt was a part of the reason what anyone would consider an affront was ignored.

One black guy was asked why they thought they could do it, and I quote it here for your consideration: "Your grandaddy owes my grandaddy"

Last edited:
BREAKING: NAACP Takes Over Houston Polling Station, Advocates for President Obama
"I went to the polling supervisor and let her know that it was not appropriate that they were in the building handing out water. She ignored me. I repeated my statement. She told me that she would handle it. She did nothing. I then went to the assistant supervisor and he stood up, walked over to another table and then sat down. I then walked into the waiting room and they were reloading another dolly with more cases of water," Rockford said in a True the Vote incident report.

After handing out water and advocating for President Obama, the NAACP members started handpicking and moving people to the front of a long voting line inside the polling place according to the incident report. After multiple complaints from voters about the line cutting, Rockford received a phone call from downtown telling her to “stand down.”

“All of the sudden one of the clerks, Dayan Cohen, said that someone wanted to speak to me on the phone. It was someone from downtown. I got on the phone and she said she was from downtown and that I needed to stand down and that it was okay for the NAACP to be within 100 ft. and they could hand out water. I told her that the NAACP was inside the building, wearing the NAACP clothing and caps and were handing out water and moving people from the back of the lines to the front of the lines,” Rockford said.

At this point, NAACP members were instructed to turn their clothing inside out, which they refused to do and said they weren’t going to stop their actions inside the polling place. Their behavior and actions to move people to the front of the line continued for the rest of the evening. Texas State Representative Sylvester Turner, a former Texas NAACP leader, was also seen outside the building talking with voters.

“The NAACP basically ran this poll location and the judges did nothing about it,” Rockford said.​

Illegal. No question.

But Obama boot-lickers will see nothing wrong with it.

Well if a right wingnut blog says so it must be true.

What a load of crap!

If anything illegal is going on at a poll, call the federal Marshall's office.

Otherwise STFU!

Here's a thought, fuck off and die.

You black?

You want your own set of rules like the rest of them?

Gee, Romney losing brings out the racist in many people does it not? Congratulations on keeping it under wraps for so long.

Sadly...we haven't come very far since 1957 with some people:

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you expect from this part of Houston???

They continue to vote in Shelia Jackson Lee...

The bad news is last election Oblamer won Harris County...

The good news is he lost Texas...

This time around he will probably lose Harris County or it will be close, the Houston Chronicle endorsement went to Romney, amazing...

I now live in Austin, the most liberal city in Texas and I am surprised, tons and tons of Romney / Ryan signs and stickers everywhere...

Hell The Austin American Statesman hasn't endorsed either this year, last time it was Oblamer...

Face it libs, the only way Oblamer wins is cheating...

He convinced White and Latin Americans he was the one, the first Black POTUS, he skillfully articulated his liberal positions, they bought it, he didn't sound like Jesse or Al, but he had the same message, just more skill in the delivery...

How many of those White and Latin Americans believe in him this time??? He was a gamble in 2008, are we really better off now? UE is still bad, the market is over inflated, interest rates are at 3.25%, people should be lined up around the block buying homes at that rate. Housing is up, but is still dismal, the recovery is years down the road...

He is the second coming of Jimmy Carter, get use to it, he is going to lose Tuesday...

Illegal how?

Federal law......no signs, no discussing political candidates, no advocating for one candidate or another within 100 ft of a polling place.

This law has been in place since I can remember.

If you want a polling place to turn into a blood-bath keep it up.

I know, it's been repeated several times.

Too bad nobody at the polling place was aware of the law, despite claims that it's well advertised. If they had been they could've reported it appropriately and not left it up to USMB sleuths to figure it out. :rolleyes:

What a load of crap!

If anything illegal is going on at a poll, call the federal Marshall's office.

Otherwise STFU!

Here's a thought, fuck off and die.

You black?

You want your own set of rules like the rest of them?

Gee, Romney losing brings out the racist in many people does it not? Congratulations on keeping it under wraps for so long.

(smile) Poor Candy....we are racist no matter what in the minds of people like you.

Racism is the refuge of the very small and weakminded...of which you are both.

Blacks scream racism about everything...and guilty white folk like you agree with them.

The sad thing is that you have no idea how much you don't know.....about anything.

When one simply becomes a parrot as you have one gives up all pretense of rationality and integrity.

Niggas come in all colors and stripes....there are white ones, black ones, brown ones and yellow ones...in the case of Lakhota red ones too.

The single largest group of racists in this nation today are the blacks that listen to Jackson, Farrakhan, Sharpton et al.....

Just the way it is.

"I went to the polling supervisor and let her know that it was not appropriate that they were in the building handing out water. She ignored me. I repeated my statement. She told me that she would handle it. She did nothing. I then went to the assistant supervisor and he stood up, walked over to another table and then sat down. I then walked into the waiting room and they were reloading another dolly with more cases of water," Rockford said in a True the Vote incident report.

After handing out water and advocating for President Obama, the NAACP members started handpicking and moving people to the front of a long voting line inside the polling place according to the incident report. After multiple complaints from voters about the line cutting, Rockford received a phone call from downtown telling her to “stand down.”

“All of the sudden one of the clerks, Dayan Cohen, said that someone wanted to speak to me on the phone. It was someone from downtown. I got on the phone and she said she was from downtown and that I needed to stand down and that it was okay for the NAACP to be within 100 ft. and they could hand out water. I told her that the NAACP was inside the building, wearing the NAACP clothing and caps and were handing out water and moving people from the back of the lines to the front of the lines,” Rockford said.

At this point, NAACP members were instructed to turn their clothing inside out, which they refused to do and said they weren’t going to stop their actions inside the polling place. Their behavior and actions to move people to the front of the line continued for the rest of the evening. Texas State Representative Sylvester Turner, a former Texas NAACP leader, was also seen outside the building talking with voters.

“The NAACP basically ran this poll location and the judges did nothing about it,” Rockford said.​

Illegal. No question.

But Obama boot-lickers will see nothing wrong with it.
I ran into a situation at the voting station last election, where I was there with my voter card and drivers liscense ready to vote, but was not allowed to vote, because they claimed that my card needed activated or something in that manor to be done to it, where as I was then instructed that I had to go downtown to a certain building to get this done, but yet the building closed in a time period before I could get there, so basically what happened is that I was convienantly denide by the majority black run polling station, and this at a (public middle school), my right to vote on that day.

Nothing suprises me anymore in America, and it amazes me that people don't see what is going on between the blacks and the whites right now in this nation, where as we are becoming polarized and seperated more and more by all of this mess in which has taken place in this nation now, in which is surrounding this so called first black President. The blacks want Barack to serve two terms, or they feel they will be seen as a failure in regards to all of them & their quest in America now, and they feel this way because it will make Barack in their minds, to have made them look bad upon being the first black President to serve in America for them, but only for one term did he make it, and so he failed them is what they think if he only serves one term or is kicked to the curb according to their lingo. Barack right now could be a true leader of peace, by adressing the concerns of his black base right now in America, and this by letting them know that if he loses, it is not about race or the nation being seperated along racial lines, but it is instead about his policies and the job in which he would be either voted out of because of his economic and leadership policies in which he kept or either he will win and be kept by the voters because of these very same things. Now because Barack knows that there is confusion about race still in America, and this in regards of race somehow being a small or big factor in all of this, I think is all the more reason that he should do the right thing by adressing the blacks in this nation in order to not let this election decide for them that their race has somehow failed because of him being outed if so be the case. If he does not do these things, and allows confusion to persist in all of this, then he wanted trouble to result from these elections possibly, in which will be proof by him keeping his mouth shut all the way up until the trouble starts (if that is the result of it all in the end if outted), because his ego wouldn't allow him to fail and therefore he would be just as angry as others are about him being elected out of office after his first term.

Forum List

Back