BREAKING: Missouri House Committee Passes Bill to Defund Planned Parenthood

Now that you bring it up I am against publicly funded charities

all of them including taxpayer subsidized Christian NGO’s

I am not sure that PP qualifies since they do not get a substantial part of its revenue from taxes dollars, but I do see your point.

I am sure you will correct me if I am wrong, but the tax money that PP gets is in the form of Medicaid/Medicare reimbursement for services provided. That is the only form of tax dollars they receive other than being a listed as non-profit which impacts the taxes they pay.

I am sure you will correct me if I am wrong, but the tax money that PP gets is in the form of Medicaid/Medicare reimbursement for services provided. That is the only form of tax dollars they receive other than being a listed as non-profit which impacts the taxes they pay.
Money as they say is fungible

a dollar is a dollar is a dollar

when they are taking in billions in government money its not impossible to use some of that for political influence

and PP has a very powerful political arm

what would libs say - or you - if the feds were giving the NRA billions of dollars to hold gun safety classes?

You mean local schools have Driver Safety courses?

but those are not political

I like the NRA, but its no less political than Planned Parenthood and should not get federal funding aka tax dollars

Planned Parenthood butchers and murders children and sells the parts. Lets maintain some perspective here shall we?

And abortion is one of the few things they actually charge for.

If they have less money coming in what do you think they will cut back on, the thing they get paid for or their free services like BC and wellness checks and Breast Exams/Cervical Cancer Screenings.
Oh look, Mr I’m a Libertarian is once again advocating huge government spending.

Saying government funding doesn’t pay for abortions is like saying paying all the expenses of a drug addict except his actual drugs has no bearing on his drug usage, even though that government funding lets the drug user divert his money towards purchasing drugs.

Defund Planned Parenthood?

Darn it!

That will just eventually result in more robbers, sucker punchers, looters, rapists, and murderers (including cop killers) stalking our mean streets.

Oh look, Mr I’m a Libertarian is once again advocating huge government spending.

Not at all. PP receives around 500 million in total between state and Fed funding and it is almost all in reimbursements from Medicaid.

Hilarious. Mr I’m a Libertarian likes government giving a private company half a billion dollars.

I have no problem with the Govt reimbursing a company for a service provided, it is no different than reimbursing any other company for a service provided.

You are a tad off today, have you not had your coffee yet?

Hilariousmaximus!

Mr I’m a Libertarian loves huge government spending programs to private companies.

True, I have not problem Govt reimbursing a company for a service provided. There is nothing about that which goes against being a Libertarian. My BIL is a telecommunication system designer. The company he works for has contracts with the Govt to expand the teleworking capabilities for the USDA. As such the Govt pays them for their service. Why would a Libertarian have any problem with this?

Do you whine about the Govt paying Boeing for the planes they build for the US?

True, I have not problem Govt reimbursing a company for a service provided. There is nothing about that which goes against being a Libertarian. My BIL is a telecommunication system designer. The company he works for has contracts with the Govt to expand the teleworking capabilities for the USDA. As such the Govt pays them for their service. Why would a Libertarian have any problem with this?

Do you whine about the Govt paying Boeing for the planes they build for the US?
Tell us, why would a Libertarian have a problem with government spending $5 trillion a year?

The pro-life Republican legislature has advanced several bills already this January to protect children, born and unborn, including one to defund the billion-dollar abortion chain Planned Parenthood of tax dollars and another to create nurseries in women’s prisons to help mothers choose life for their babies.

Both bills passed committee votes in the state House this week.

State House Bill 1854, sponsored by state Rep. Nick Schroer, R-O’Fallon, would strip tax dollars from the largest abortion chain in the nation. Planned Parenthood reports billion-dollar revenues while aborting more than 350,000 unborn babies a year.

On Thursday, the House Committee on Government Oversight approved the bill in a party-line vote, Newstalk KZRG reports. It now moves to a second committee for consideration.

The legislation would disqualify abortion groups and their affiliates from receiving state Medicaid funds through the state Department of Health and Senior Services. The bill also would disqualify entities from the taxpayer-funded program if there is a “conviction of crimes related to fraud and patient care” or if they show “patterns of discrimination,” according to the bill summary.

View attachment 593471
I'm pro Abortion--not to be confused with pro-choice. Government should not be paying for womens abortions---if you can fuck around, you can pay for your own consequences. This said, there are plenty of women out there that should not be having kids---sterilization should be paid for by the government---like a spay and neuter program we give animals (many animals are smarter than many people and thusly a higher lifeform and better parents.)

Tell us, why would a Libertarian have a problem with government spending $5 trillion a year?

I have a huge problem with the government spending $5 trillion a year. That does not mean I am against the concept of the government paying for service they receive.

Please link to all the post of you whining about the money the government gives Boeing or Raytheon

Forum List

Back