BREAKING: Israel Approves Egyptian Proposed Cease Fire; Hamas Rejects

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
About 50 minutes ago Israel accepted a cease fire proposed by the Egyptian Government to end the fighting between it and Hamas, however, Hamas rejected the cease fire, which would have taken effect at 9 am Israel time. To my pro-Palestinian friends, I must ask: now do you see how disinterested the Palestinians and Hamas are in peace with Israel? Do you now see how badly Israel wants it? Let me ask again, why do you have pity for those who reject a peaceful solution that would end the bloodshed? If Israel was so evil, why would it IMMEDIATELY approve a peaceful solution if they were or are hellbent on oppression? Your arguments are done.

srael's Security Cabinet has approved a cease-fire plan proposed by Egypt aimed at ending a week of conflict in and around the Gaza Strip. Israeli officials said the proposed truce was voted on at Israel's military headquarters in Tel Aviv minutes before it was due to take effect at 9 a.m. local time (2 a.m. Eastern Time) Tuesday.

There was no immediate word from the Islamic militant group Hamas about whether they would accept the proposal. Earlier Tuesday, the group's armed wing reportedly vowed to reject the cease-fire, saying on its official website that it was "an initiative of kneeling and submission." The statement from the al-Qassam Brigades vowed that "our battle with the enemy continues, and will increase in ferocity and intensity."

However, Ismail Haniyeh, Hamas' top leader in Gaza, confirmed there was "diplomatic movement" in a speech broadcast Monday on Al-Jazeera.

The proposed cease-fire would go into effect within 12 hours of "unconditional acceptance" by the two sides, according to a statement by Egypt's Foreign Ministry. That would be followed by the opening of Gaza's border crossings and talks in Cairo between the sides within two days.
Gaza's crossings should be opened for people and goods "once the security situation becomes stable," according to a copy of the proposal obtained by The Associated Press.

Egypt Foreign Minister Sameh Shukri said there is "no alternative but return to the truce" of November 2012, and added that Egypt contacted all the parties, including the Palestinian leadership, different Palestinian factions, and Israeli authorities in addition to Arab and international parties. Such contacts led to shaping up the proposal which called for cease-fire.
"Egypt stresses the international responsibility toward what is happening in Palestine," he said.

Egypt, the first Arab state to reach peace with Israel, often serves as a mediator between Israel and Hamas.

Israeli Security Cabinet accepts Egypt's proposal for Gaza cease-fire | Fox News

It doesn't matter - it wasn't a reliable source, later turned on to be a strategic move by Israel, and later on it will turn to be act of anger due to the occupation and restarting again.
By the way [MENTION=36574]Lipush[/MENTION] said ceasefire would start yesterday as it already accepted by Israel, see for yourself, Lipush the cruel war criminal.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter - it wasn't a reliable source, later turned on to be a strategic move by Israel, and later on it will turn to be act of anger due to the occupation and restarting again.
By the way @Lipush said ceasefire would start yesterday as it already accepted by Israel, see for yourself, Lipush the cruel war criminal.
[MENTION=49937]Daniyel[/MENTION]: I don't understand. What is it you're referring to with Lipush? Are you being sarcastic?

Last edited:
By the way @Lipush said ceasefire would start yesterday as it already accepted by Israel, see for yourself, Lipush the cruel war criminal.
[MENTION=49937]Daniyel[/MENTION]: I don't understand. What is it you're referring to with Lipush? Are you being sarcastic?
=
Ceasfire to start tomorrow morning
Israeli Radio, Channel 2 and 10, report the planned ceasefire to start tomorrow morning at 6:00 AM, to be set not after 18:00.
--------------
Absurd.

The pro-Pallys consider me as a war criminal because I served in the IDF, same to did Lipush.
Quoting you:
If Israel was so evil, why would it IMMEDIATELY approve a peaceful solution if they were or are hellbent on oppression? Your arguments are done.
Excuse my cynicism------does that "cease fire" thing refer to BOTH SIDES?

Nope just one apparently.

Indeed, Hamas will have to stop attacking Israel and Israel will still be able to do whatever it wants.

No surprise that Hamas rejects this idiot scheme.
albert-einstein-physicist-we-cant-solve-problems-by-using-the-same-kind-of-thinking.jpg

So I am sarcastic :mad:

Last edited:
About 50 minutes ago Israel accepted a cease fire proposed by the Egyptian Government to end the fighting between it and Hamas, however, Hamas rejected the cease fire, which would have taken effect at 9 am Israel time. To my pro-Palestinian friends, I must ask: now do you see how disinterested the Palestinians and Hamas are in peace with Israel? Do you now see how badly Israel wants it? Let me ask again, why do you have pity for those who reject a peaceful solution that would end the bloodshed? If Israel was so evil, why would it IMMEDIATELY approve a peaceful solution if they were or are hellbent on oppression? Your arguments are done.

srael's Security Cabinet has approved a cease-fire plan proposed by Egypt aimed at ending a week of conflict in and around the Gaza Strip. Israeli officials said the proposed truce was voted on at Israel's military headquarters in Tel Aviv minutes before it was due to take effect at 9 a.m. local time (2 a.m. Eastern Time) Tuesday.

There was no immediate word from the Islamic militant group Hamas about whether they would accept the proposal. Earlier Tuesday, the group's armed wing reportedly vowed to reject the cease-fire, saying on its official website that it was "an initiative of kneeling and submission." The statement from the al-Qassam Brigades vowed that "our battle with the enemy continues, and will increase in ferocity and intensity."

However, Ismail Haniyeh, Hamas' top leader in Gaza, confirmed there was "diplomatic movement" in a speech broadcast Monday on Al-Jazeera.

The proposed cease-fire would go into effect within 12 hours of "unconditional acceptance" by the two sides, according to a statement by Egypt's Foreign Ministry. That would be followed by the opening of Gaza's border crossings and talks in Cairo between the sides within two days.
Gaza's crossings should be opened for people and goods "once the security situation becomes stable," according to a copy of the proposal obtained by The Associated Press.

Egypt Foreign Minister Sameh Shukri said there is "no alternative but return to the truce" of November 2012, and added that Egypt contacted all the parties, including the Palestinian leadership, different Palestinian factions, and Israeli authorities in addition to Arab and international parties. Such contacts led to shaping up the proposal which called for cease-fire.
"Egypt stresses the international responsibility toward what is happening in Palestine," he said.

Egypt, the first Arab state to reach peace with Israel, often serves as a mediator between Israel and Hamas.

Israeli Security Cabinet accepts Egypt's proposal for Gaza cease-fire | Fox News

Let it be said publicly: Hamas is the warmonger!

By the way [MENTION=36574]Lipush[/MENTION] said ceasefire would start yesterday as it already accepted by Israel, see for yourself, Lipush the cruel war criminal.

Your sig can describe Netanyahu perfectly, this morning.

Why? Because Hamas will not surrender to Israel's aggression?

@Daniyel : I don't understand. What is it you're referring to with Lipush? Are you being sarcastic?
=

The pro-Pallys consider me as a war criminal because I served in the IDF, same to did Lipush.
Quoting you:

Nope just one apparently.

Indeed, Hamas will have to stop attacking Israel and Israel will still be able to do whatever it wants.

No surprise that Hamas rejects this idiot scheme.
albert-einstein-physicist-we-cant-solve-problems-by-using-the-same-kind-of-thinking.jpg

So I am sarcastic :mad:

I understand completely. You two are fighting for your country, nobody has a right to call you warmongers or war criminals. I salute you both for your service to the Nation of Israel.

YOU have a lot to learn before you know who was the real aggressor here. The Palestinians are their own worst enemies.

Tinmore, what is your position about Hamas?
Do you agree Hamas should be declared as terrorist organization in the USA, EUS, Jordan, Egypt?
Please elaborate.

Hamas leadership hides in Qatar, and Egypt, and Arab countries, living like fat pigs in 5 star hotels, while their people are underfire in Gaza.

It is really easy sitting in other countries talking about "resisting the occupation". But where are the Hamas leaders? Abroad? Underground?

Such courage!

There is no Hamas resistance to the agression. There is pure Hamas cowardice. and sacrificing of women and children.

They are willing to spill more of their civilian's blood, just to say the last words.

Evil cult of evil people.

Do you agree Hamas should be declared as terrorist organization in the USA, EUS, Jordan, Egypt?
Please elaborate.

According to him, Hamas is the good guy.

He himself said that in Israel there are no civilians worthy of any kind of protection, therefor there could not be war crimes against Israeli civilians whatsoever.

Hamas leadership hides in Qatar, and Egypt, and Arab countries, living like fat pigs in 5 star hotels, while their people are underfire in Gaza.

It is really easy sitting in other countries talking about "resisting the occupation". But where are the Hamas leaders? Abroad? Underground?

Such courage!

There is no Hamas resistance to the agression. There is pure Hamas cowardice. and sacrificing of women and children.

They are willing to spill more of their civilian's blood, just to say the last words.

Evil cult of evil people.

I hope Hamas will later agree to a cease-fire, but otherwise Israel must destroy Hamas without too many civilians being killed.
I hope that the civilians living in the Gaza Strip will listen to the Israeli announcements for evacuation and ignore Hamas' announcements to stay at home and be killed.

Last edited:
Code Red siren Alarm is triggered now in Ashdod, Ashkelon, Quiryat Mal'achi, Yoav council, Arugot, Gan Yavne

Multiple launchings, Israel under rocket attack

Idiots, they keep fighting a war they are never going to win.

Please elaborate.

Of course not. Terrorist is a political name calling thing.

Israel calling Hamas terrorists is like the coal mine calling the kettle black.

Please elaborate.

According to him, Hamas is the good guy.

He himself said that in Israel there are no civilians worthy of any kind of protection, therefor there could not be war crimes against Israeli civilians whatsoever.

I am not the one who said that.

I merely quoted the Fourth Geneva Convention.

Complain to them.

Forum List

Back