Breaking: Giants trade Odell Beckham jr

D1jGb0XW0AIpAiX.jpg

I have a feeling us diehard Giant Fans are going to wait a long time for a winning season. I guess the plan is for Manning to start this season and his heir apparent draft pick to learn from him. Manning will retire at the end of the season. There is just no reason for him to stay any longer.
The key to a winning season years ago was creating a #1 defense. After Strahan retired, the defense went down hill fast.
Looks like the Jets will do much better before the Giants ever do.

Double team them. They will see less catches. It's about the line to give the time to pass. They do not have that.

At this point, Pats will take the next Superbowl. :113::dunno:
Hard to double team two receivers and still stop the run, cover a tight end and stop a QB who can run

No SB for Brownies but they look like the top of AFC North with Steelers, Ravens and Bengals down

Who did he go to?

The browns. For a fist, a third, and a player I’ve never heard of

The player is Jabrill Peppers. He was an excellent safety but has dropped off a little. He could be a great one, if he works it.

Peppers was a first rounder three years ago so the Giants got two first rounders and a third rounder for OBJ and a fourth rounder

Have to see how the draft picks work out in a couple years to see how things work out for the Giants

I have a feeling us diehard Giant Fans are going to wait a long time for a winning season. I guess the plan is for Manning to start this season and his heir apparent draft pick to learn from him. Manning will retire at the end of the season. There is just no reason for him to stay any longer.
The key to a winning season years ago was creating a #1 defense. After Strahan retired, the defense went down hill fast.

At least U R not a Jets fan. lol

Who did he go to?

He'll be out of the league in 3 years. Great move by the Giants who are stocking up to re-build.

Beckham will count $16 million against the cap for the Giants in 2019 while he's playing for the Browns. The Giants made him the highest paid WR just last year. Great move? It's a move that could get Gettleman fired if things don't go well for the Giants pretty quickly.

If they'd made this trade before giving OBJ the big contract, sure, good deal. As it is, it's a head-scratcher.

I'd be a bit worried as a Browns fan that Beckham will be a locker room cancer, similar to the worry I'd have about Antonio Brown. That said, the Browns have some serious pieces on offense. If the offensive line can hold up even a bit, they have the skill position players to put up points.

Who did he go to?

He'll be out of the league in 3 years. Great move by the Giants who are stocking up to re-build.

Beckham will count $16 million against the cap for the Giants in 2019 while he's playing for the Browns. The Giants made him the highest paid WR just last year. Great move? It's a move that could get Gettleman fired if things don't go well for the Giants pretty quickly.

If they'd made this trade before giving OBJ the big contract, sure, good deal. As it is, it's a head-scratcher.

Draft picks (players on the upswing supposedly) for one of the great head-cases in professional sports. And they will likely be in full blown re-building mode for 3-5 years.

With the Browns being the Browns...they could be some high draft picks too. LOL

I'd be a bit worried as a Browns fan that Beckham will be a locker room cancer, similar to the worry I'd have about Antonio Brown. That said, the Browns have some serious pieces on offense. If the offensive line can hold up even a bit, they have the skill position players to put up points.
OBJ was never a locker room cancer. He worked hard and was very popular with his team mates

As a Giant fan, we just don't know
We have a lot of new pieces and have no idea how they will work together. Until we get the QB situation settled, the team will be one big question mark. Be a long time till we get another Eli

The Defense is a shambles with no real studs to talk about

OBJ was never a locker room cancer. He worked hard and was very popular with his team mates

A player can be well liked and still a locker room cancer if he undermines the coaching staff. :dunno:

Still, that was probably a poorly chosen phrase: call him a head-case, as candycorn did, instead. :)

Who did he go to?

Draft picks (players on the upswing supposedly) for one of the great head-cases in professional sports. And they will likely be in full blown re-building mode for 3-5 years.

That still doesn't explain giving Beckham a big contract months before trading him, causing so much dead money to affect the Giants' cap. And if the Giants are going to rebuild, why is Manning still there? The Giants management has made some very questionable calls in recent years.

Who did he go to?

That still doesn't explain giving Beckham a big contract months before trading him, causing so much dead money to affect the Giants' cap. And if the Giants are going to rebuild, why is Manning still there? The Giants management has made some very questionable calls in recent years.
True.

Better to have made the trade though than have kept OBJ in my opinion.

True.

We will have to see how OBJ does in Cleveland and how the draft picks work out

True.

Prediction: OBJ out of the league in 3 seasons.

True.

Prediction: OBJ out of the league in 3 seasons.

No way. If Josh Gordon still has a chance to play, OBJ will be playing for the next decade barring catastrophic injury.

Forum List

Back