Breaking! Colin Powell dies

It is too bad that Colin Powell did not run for President in 2000. He may have defeated the worthless W. in the primaries though I doubt it. The Republican establishment was firmly behind W.

If Powell had stayed retired, his legacy would have been assured. But like Rudy, he threw it all away for a lie. He made a fool of himself in front of the UN using discredited information to get us to invade Iraq. He knew or should have known that the whole WMD excuse to invade Iraq was a lie. Hell, anyone who listened to Scott Ritter and others knew this whole WMD was a Lie.

RIP, Colin Powell. You should have resigned instead of being a mouthpiece for a lie.
Pretty much the thread.

More likely he died from covid after being exposed by someone who refused to get vaccinated.
Do I need to draw you a picture? The vaccines don't work well---but on those with immunocompromised systems like Cancer patients such as powell was and would have had many encounters with others like him.......the vaccines notoriously don't work..period. IN fact, these cancer and other immunocompromised patients are the virus favorite food as it allows them to live and survive as they mutate to become better killers. The odds would be then, that Powell picked up the virus from a hospital, doctor, or other cancer patients that he was around.

my childhood town was predominantly republican, very homophobic to
the point of disallowing "couples" not CLOSELY RELATED from living
in the same residence by town ordinance. It was functionally RESTRICTED-
----barring a really good deal for the republican land owners selling little
houses for baby boom families (like mine) ----uhm,,, but no blacks ----
mostly wasps------Irish catholics could get in. We did not call the
puerto rican family "puerto rican" we called them "SPANISH" for the
sake of WASPISH PROPRIETY
That sounds made up.

Cheney and Rumsfeld were versed in Iraq, but Colin Powell, i would argue, was more versed than they.

Cheney was rambunctious and wayward, while Powell was disciplined.

Powell could have had a lucrative career after leaving the WH as a corporate defense lobbyist, but he was too honorable for that

Cheney and Rumsfeld were versed in Iraq, but Colin Powell, i would argue, was more versed than they.

Cheney was rambunctious and wayward, while Powell was disciplined.
I don’t know about the “well versed” thing.

Powell was not an advocate of using military force to solve all problems. He preferred a deliberate and decisive approach to deploying forces.

I've known more generals than you have.
I doubt it. I spent 20+ plus years in the Army as an infantryman. I’ve known and spoken with many general offices. I had company and battalion commanders who went on to become general officers. Some who you se on TV right now as a news network military analyst.m

When I had to spend a year as the NCOIC of a division staff section, I reported regularly, at least once a week, to brief the assistant division commander who was a BG.

Last edited:
Fully Vaxxed.

“Safe and effective”.
It did say tbere was complications but bro g a nut case it doesn't suit your agenda.

But he should be remembered he was the guy who peddled the lies about WMD and sent thousands of boys to die for Bush and Cheney and their bank accounts.

A Republican also I might add.

Make no mistake. He had access to all the data, from every intell service, among ours and allied services. Also, the internet was alive and well. Much of the intell was available if you knew how and where to look, though certainly not on commercial source sites available today, used for partisan dissemination of news, information and propaganda on a daily basis. Groupthink/group speak among intell assessments and reports is easy to spot, even in different languages.
I was considering Powell’s 8 hour plane ride back to the states after he learned about the 2nd tower. I was under the impression that it’s been “relatively recent” for aircraft to have what we have now, particularly regarding secured, classified lines?

He initially didn’t support going after SH prior to Bush and Company alliance kicking in - including various Congressional types fully on board in a very short time, MS Media weighed in heavily interpreting the facts for us, so there’s that. I am under no delusion that I can detect all good guys from bad guys, so I look at their history, their track record to put past actions into it. Oh yeah, there are hidden levels within top elements across sectors that public won’t know until a later time perhaps . I make my assessments based on what I read and hear with the goal of being less informed. I keep the bar low so I avoid any personal disappointment lol

It did say tbere was complications but bro g a nut case it doesn't suit your agenda.

But he should be remembered he was the guy who peddled the lies about WMD and sent thousands of boys to die for Bush and Cheney and their bank accounts.

A Republican also I might add.
Saddan Hussein did have chemical weapons. He more than likely got them from the US. He used them against some of the Iraqi people.

He also had an elaborate deception operation which promoted the idea that he did indeed have a limited nuclear capability. Some his senior military leadership thought they had this capability.

Forum List

Back