Breaking another school shooting

We need armed security guards at our schools to prevent shit like this.

So every school has one or two armed security guards. Kid walks up to the security guard(s), and shoots them first, takes their guns and now has more guns to shoot everyone else with. We're not going to take everyone's gun away from them, so we are going to have these shootings happen every now and then. It's a numbers game. You just hope it isn't you or one of your loved ones whose number comes up.

Some schools here in North Carolina have metal detectors at the entry points.

They all should

We scream every time TSA searches someone that we feel should not have been searched. Any idea how much crying would come from schools who search every kid going into school every single day of the school year?

The frustration is understandable; however, I just don't see metal detectors and full searches as a viable solution, not to mention the cost to school districts that are already having to make massive cuts.

It is sad this child was shot, but we don't have to go crazy. I don't know if I want my child on lock down because of this. I don't really like the idea of my child going to a school with armed guards. Isn't their a saying about giving up freedom for safety?

It would only be a matter of time before some school hired a deranged security guard who decided to shoot up the school, probably after being fired for one reason or another.

Another bullied outcast loses it.

It's just perplexing that no one ever thought of telling the students who were doing the bullying and creating the monster to just knock it off.

The problem with the whole anti-bullying excuse is that the kids who are supposedly bullied and come to school to get even, well they just shoot whoever the fuck they see first. They never target the bullies. That's why there is much more to it than just some kid getting bullied trying to get even. Most of these kids get bullied because they don't have their head screwed on right in the first place. Don't get me wrong here; I'm not condoning bullying or blaming those who get bullied, but a lot of the time, there is more to it than just some innocent kid getting pushed around. Most kids who do get bullied for whatever reason do not shoot up the entire school.

Stop. Please. The kid is a monster. Don't make him a victim.

Perhaps he was "an outcast" BECAUSE HE WAS A TOTAL FUCKING LUNATIC!

Yea, think I will agree with you on this. I hate blaming kids who get bullied for bringing it on themselves, but a lot of the time, this is the case. I was a scrawny 115 pounds in high school, and nobody ever picked on me. I was a good student and ran cross country and track. My best friend played football and baseball and was a drummer. We had all kinds of different friends, from the burnouts to the jocks to the nerds. I guess we kind of fit into all of those categories. But kids didn't get bullied for no reason.

My youngest son is a freshman, and he is very small. He was born ten weeks premature and he just has never caught up. He does get picked on by some of the kids, but he deals with it and he has plenty of friends. Nobody has ever threatened him in any way. For kids who use being bullied as an excuse to kill others, it just isn't a good excuse. In fact, it is no excuse.

you really are a sick person arent you? already wanting to make this political...perhaps if you could see beyond that....

See beyond what? The gun grabbers will gleefully proclaim this is more evidence for more laws, even though it is already illegal to have a gun at school and illegal for those under 18 to have handguns, and under 21 they can not even buy ammo legally or buy a handgun.

Could be. How come this phenomenon is relatively new. Certainly there were lunatics, outcasts and bullies when I went to school, but nothing like this. Of course starting in first grade there were numerous playground fights and bloody noses that socialized the little animals.

Once we decided to tell all the kids even the lunatics how wonderful and special they were, feeding egos with undeserved self-esteem and protecting bullies from victims who would rather fight back, it was pretty much all over.

We stopped allowing schools to use corporal punishment and we will not allow two kids to duke it out when they have a beef with each other. So nothing ever gets resolved. When I was a kid, kids dealt with problems with other kids after school. All the other kids would be there to watch the big fight. The thing was, the loser could still walk away with their pride and no harm was ever done other than a kid getting a black eye or a busted lip. And life went on for everyone. Today, we just wait until some kid comes totally unglued and decides to kill someone.

The system in my opinion allows bullying to fester with the zero tolerance policy. I can remember one incident as a kid where my parents said you just treat kids like that like a balloon.
Just "pop" them and they'll go away. That is an automatic expulsion these days.

My kid was having trouble with a couple of kids in his class pushing him around. He got suspended for defending himself. They said they would expel him if he got into another fight. I told them to try it.

TJ-Lane-Chardon-High-School-Shooter-(1).jpg

So many shootings
SchoolShooting.org

Could be. How come this phenomenon is relatively new. Certainly there were lunatics, outcasts and bullies when I went to school, but nothing like this. Of course starting in first grade there were numerous playground fights and bloody noses that socialized the little animals.

Once we decided to tell all the kids even the lunatics how wonderful and special they were, feeding egos with undeserved self-esteem and protecting bullies from victims who would rather fight back, it was pretty much all over.

We stopped allowing schools to use corporal punishment and we will not allow two kids to duke it out when they have a beef with each other. So nothing ever gets resolved. When I was a kid, kids dealt with problems with other kids after school. All the other kids would be there to watch the big fight. The thing was, the loser could still walk away with their pride and no harm was ever done other than a kid getting a black eye or a busted lip. And life went on for everyone. Today, we just wait until some kid comes totally unglued and decides to kill someone.

Trouble is, they had a 10 yr old girl in Long Beach die Friday from that very thing.

The Associated Press: Death of US girl after school fight ruled homicide

Trouble is, they had a 10 yr old girl in Long Beach die Friday from that very thing.

The Associated Press: Death of US girl after school fight ruled homicide

That was a fight over a boy. I guess killing one's romantic rivals isn't covered in the sex ed class.

you really are a sick person arent you? already wanting to make this political...perhaps if you could see beyond that....

See beyond what? The gun grabbers will gleefully proclaim this is more evidence for more laws, even though it is already illegal to have a gun at school and illegal for those under 18 to have handguns, and under 21 they can not even buy ammo legally or buy a handgun.

The "gun grabbers"? You fucking idiot, too bad a "gun grabber" hadn't grabbed the gun used by TJ yesterday, and you don't give a damn. "It's my right" - and obviously TJ's - and "My right should never be infringed". I hear ya, and I think you're an asshole.

While the parents of both boys grieve why not write a check to the NRA because the tears of the victims families and friends may inflame the "gun grabbers".

Bullies pick on and perhaps beat up probably threaten new weird kid.

New kid feels his safety is at risk.

New kid shoots and kills two of the bullies...

Yawn.....

Note..if you are shaving..you are not a child. :lol:

Yawn.....

According to obama if you're under 26 you are.

Yawn.....

According to obama if you're under 26 you are.

A valuable lesson for young pre-adults. Do not assume what someone else is capable of. Do not assume that your bullying will be tolorated.

It wasn't well covered of course but it seems that one or both of the Columbine shooters was on prescribed behavior altering drugs. Sometimes behavior altering drugs and stimulants have unintended effects on kids going through puberty. The fine print on even mild anti-smoking medication cautions about thoughts of suicide in adults. I'm not saying that prescribed drugs was the only cause of the shooting but if the kid was on stuff like that they should reconsider doping teenagers to make them behave.

Forum List

Back