Commercial Crabber Of 50 Years Tells Gore Sea Level Hasn’t Changed Since At Least 1970

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Another one of Gore's lies is exposed, and he makes a fool of himself.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Commercial Crabber Of 50 Years Tells Gore Sea Level Hasn’t Changed Since At Least 1970

Al Gore was challenged on climate science Tuesday night when the mayor of Tangier Island, a community threatened by coastal erosion, told the environmentalist film producer he hadn’t seen the sea level change since he began his first career as a commercial crabber in 1970.

Gore was taking questions from the audience on a CNN town hall with Anderson Cooper when the fisherman and Tangier Island mayor James Eskridge refuted Gore’s assertion that rising sea levels were endangering coastal communities.

“I’m a commercial crabber and I’ve been working the Chesapeake Bay for 50+ years. I have a crab house business out on the water and the water level is the same as it was when the place was built in 1970,” Eskridge said. “I’m not a scientist, but I am a keen observer and if sea level rises are occurring, why am I not seeing signs of it?”

Eskridge went on to say that erosion was slowly eating away at the island, but it was a natural force caused by “wave action [and] storms.”

“Have [the storms] increased any?” Gore asked.

“Not really,” Tangier’s mayor responded.

As we all know, truth has nothing in common with the AGW hoax.

I saw that. He played the part of the typical dumb yokel who, despite his island literally disappearing and about to be uninhabitable in less than 50 years, thinks that it's all just a hoax fabricated in order to..... well... honestly, I don't really know what the yokel crowd thinks the conspiracy is about these days.

“I’m a commercial crabber and I’ve been working the Chesapeake Bay for 50+ years. I have a crab house business out on the water and the water level is the same as it was when the place was built in 1970,” Eskridge said. “I’m not a scientist, but I am a keen observer and if sea level rises are occurring, why am I not seeing signs of it?”
Because he's a blind rightard dumb fuck, I'd imagine.

Variations in Sea Level
Variations in Sea Level

Tide gauges around the Chesapeake Bay indicate that the relative sea level in the Bay is rising at twice the average global rate of 1.8 mm per year [Douglas, 1991]. Such rates point to both shore erosion and marshland pond development as likely factors in wetlands loss around the Bay. As part of this project, a network of continuously operating Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers will be deployed to the Chesapeake Bay area. GPS is a very precise but simple tool for determining locations. Using GPS, it will be possible to directly measure changes in elevation at tide gauges and other points around the Chesapeake Bay. These measurements can then be combined with tide gauges data, and together give a more accurate estimate of sea level changes for the Chesapeake Bay and the potential threat of this change to wetlands around the Bay.

tg_g_sm.gif

The tide gauge records shown above were selected to provide global coverage, avoid tectonic plate boundaries and have a long history. The Baltimore tide gauge, which is on the Chesapeake Bay, is emphasized using a different color. Note how similar the plots for Portland, ME and Baltimore, MD are and the noticably faster rise compared to the other tide gauges.
Figure provided by Bruce Douglas (NODC) and John Lilibridge (GL)

8638863.png

sewells_point_tidegauge_8638610.png

fig6.gif

annapolis_slr.png

SEWELLS-1024x578.jpg

All made up lies, hoax and conspiracy right? God are you people STUPID.

I saw that. He played the part of the typical dumb yokel who, despite his island literally disappearing and about to be uninhabitable in less than 50 years, thinks that it's all just a hoax fabricated in order to..... well... honestly, I don't really know what the yokel crowd thinks the conspiracy is about these days.
Oh, that's an easy one. It's to provide climate scientists with lunch money. I thought everyone knew that. They'd like sushi.

Isn't that typical of deniers? Some 'crabber' gives anecdotal evidence and the denier wingnuts jump on it like it's a fact. Nothing solid, just a 'feeling' the 'mayor' has. Wingnuts a wingnut I guess.

Isn't that typical of deniers? Some 'crabber' gives anecdotal evidence and the denier wingnuts jump on it like it's a fact. Nothing solid, just a 'feeling' the 'mayor' has. Wingnuts a wingnut I guess.
The island community is eroding into the Bay and the residents want federal funds to save the island by building walls and breakers to slow down and halt the erosion. Experts are claiming the erosion control effort would be a costly waste and temporary because of the rising sea levels. The crabber making the claims has a financial and emotional stake in denying the sea level rising model and promoting the "it's only erosion" story.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
A 'crabber'.

Why is no one surprised that cons think a 'crabber' knows more than all the PH.D's on Earth. Trump likes the uneducated. They are the easiest to fool.

The best bit was how observant he considered himself to be. If he hadn't observed it then it hadn't happened. 'Gold, Al, comedy gold!'

The crabber making the claims has a financial and emotional stake in denying the sea level rising model and promoting the "it's only erosion" story.
All the deniers have financial and emotional stakes in denying AGW. It's why they deny it, inventing global conspiracies to justify not accepting there is a problem that may require costly solutions.

There are plenty of fisherman who say the opposite but I didn't realize you were putting such weight on the opinions of fisherman and crabbers.

Is this the same guy who's Island he lives on is disappearing but he also says it's definitely without a doubt disappearing but...for other reasons...totally not because of gloval warming. It's just Island disappearance Syndrome!

The best bit was how observant he considered himself to be. If he hadn't observed it then it hadn't happened. 'Gold, Al, comedy gold!'
Hs not some old regular observer, no sir. He considers himself a "Keen Observer" pal. And forget you forget it!

I guess that why when Trump says "I have the best words" it's considered the best by the wing nuts.

Another one of Gore's lies is exposed, and he makes a fool of himself.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Al Gore was challenged on climate science Tuesday night when the mayor of Tangier Island, a community threatened by coastal erosion, told the environmentalist film producer he hadn’t seen the sea level change since he began his first career as a commercial crabber in 1970.

Gore was taking questions from the audience on a CNN town hall with Anderson Cooper when the fisherman and Tangier Island mayor James Eskridge refuted Gore’s assertion that rising sea levels were endangering coastal communities.

Eskridge went on to say that erosion was slowly eating away at the island, but it was a natural force caused by “wave action [and] storms.”

“Have [the storms] increased any?” Gore asked.

“Not really,” Tangier’s mayor responded.

Are you still working for Koch?

Forum List

Back