BREAKING: 7.5 quake hits Mexico near Pacific coast

even in the X marks the spot year there was plenty of time to get the hell out of Dodge. Hurricanes are much safer than quakes.

7.5 magnitude quake hits Mexico near Pacific coast – USGS
A powerful earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 7.5 has rocked southern and central Mexico. The tremors reportedly shook buildings across the country's capital.
View attachment 177231

Dam this is a biggy bet some big after shocks will be coming !

I wonder how long it went on for? The worst earthquake in America happened in Alaska a 7.0 for 7 minutes..

I was in the 1989 San Francisco earthquake...so scary and the after shock were scarier..
The Loma Prieta was not so bad. People made a big deal out of the bay bridge falling but in truth all that happened was the moment joint was not long enough for the earthquake's movement. There was a small quake this afternoon in the north county.

Actually the Loma Prieta is about 5 miles from me, the earthquake went on for over 3 minutes I think.. ( well I just checked it was 15 seconds lol..).. the old town of Los Gatos was destroyed. I husband fought to rebuild the historical building where Santa Cruz tore theirs down..
It felt much longer than 15 seconds..lol..

Forum List

Back