BREAKING: 7.5 quake hits Mexico near Pacific coast

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
7.5 magnitude quake hits Mexico near Pacific coast – USGS
A powerful earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 7.5 has rocked southern and central Mexico. The tremors reportedly shook buildings across the country's capital.
upload_2018-2-16_16-56-44.png

Dam this is a biggy bet some big after shocks will be coming !

• Banned
A powerful earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 7.5 has rocked southern and central Mexico. The tremors reportedly shook buildings across the country's capital.
View attachment 177231

BREAKING: 7.5 quake hits Shit Hole near Pacific coast

Um :smoke: :popcorn:

Oh c'mon now . nahaha just think it could move right on up the coast line hitting CALI. we know what sits in that state don't we ,:iyfyus.jpg:

• Banned
View attachment 177231

And besides these biggies are exciting I like seeing wtf happens from them bnahahahah.

I love rock and roll. That is why I live on the Hayward fault. I mean just 100 yards from it! Whole lot of shaken going on!!!!! I hope it comes.

I love rock and roll. That is why I live on the Hayward fault. I mean just 100 yards from it! Whole lot of shaken going on!!!!! I hope it comes.

Now that would be some exciting chit. Kind of like that scared half to death chit .......which makes situations really exciting , storm chasers, or parachuting ( which twenty years ago I'd do in a heat beat ) but wouldn't now.

View attachment 177231

Oh c'mon now . nahaha just think it could move right on up the coast line hitting CALI. we know what sits in that state don't we ,:iyfyus.jpg:
You have no less than 9 major slip/strike faults in 900 miles... The question now is, where has the tension moved to now that this section has been released?

View attachment 177231

Wait, are you hoping that they will be hit with more?

How patently disgusting.

LOL Noooo i'm not hoping just saying there will be more " after shocks" . look at the map I posted there are already like 3 or 4 red little squares those are big quakes.

View attachment 177231

I wonder how long it went on for? The worst earthquake in America happened in Alaska a 7.0 for 7 minutes..

I was in the 1989 San Francisco earthquake...so scary and the after shock were scarier..

View attachment 177231

I wonder how long it went on for? The worst earthquake in America happened in Alaska a 7.0 for 7 minutes..

I was in the 1989 San Francisco earthquake...so scary and the after shock were scarier..
The Loma Prieta was not so bad. People made a big deal out of the bay bridge falling but in truth all that happened was the moment joint was not long enough for the earthquake's movement. There was a small quake this afternoon in the north county.

View attachment 177231

I'm not sure but if you click the map it gives a description up at the top and or where it says " details when you click on the blinking block thing

upload_2018-2-16_17-25-48.png

RSOE EDIS - - Event reports (Earthquakes, events, tropical storms, tsunamies and others)

This is just " ONE" of those red blocks . doesn't really say how long it went on for I don't think since I did this rather quick.

MagnitudeM 7.2Mercalli scale9Date-Time [UTC]16th February 2018 11:39:42 PMLocal Date/TimeFriday,February 16th, 2018 at 17:39 in the in the afternoon at epicenterCoordinate16° 38.754,97° 39.180Depth24.65 km [15.32 miles]HypocentrumShallow depthClassMajorContinentNorth-AmericaCountryMexicoLocation6.00 km [3.73 miles] to Llano Tigre,North-AmericaSourceUSGSThe potential impact of the earthquakeWell-built buildings suffer considerable damage. Houses that are not bolted down move off their foundations. Some underground pipes are broken. The ground cracks. Reservoirs suffer serious damage.

Forum List

Back