Breaking: 27 Story London Tower Apartment Complex Ablaze As People Dangle On Sheets Outside Windows

I have friends who have lived in those tower blocks for decades. Not the particular one currently burning but not very far away. Each time I have visited them I have marveled that none had burned. Too many tenants are "social" residents who care not at all for their own safety or that of others. Those I visit are elderly - many (now departed) were friends from World War II when a relative of mine was billeted on them when they had their own homes just outside London. We kept touch all those years and often sent food parcels when American rationing had ended but British rationing lingered on. I would not discount the possibility of terrorist activity entirely but believe it pretty far down the list of probable causes.

We shall have to wait and see.

I also have relatives working in London

now I am like chook without a head everyday asking for their safety WTF

I wouldn't worry. This is not the sort of place most foreigners end up in.

As I described in another thread.....

(quoted material in blue)

Ladbroke Grove tower block flagged as fire risk by worried residents - 1 YEAR before blaze

Ladbroke Grove tower block flagged as fire risk by worried residents - 1 YEAR before blaze
A RESIDENTS group flagged up several concerns about a Ladbroke Grove tower block, which has been completely destroyed by an inferno.

“The potential for a fire to break out in the communal area on the walkway does not bear thinking about”
Grenfell Action Group

I have friends who have lived in those tower blocks for decades. Not the particular one currently burning but not very far away. Each time I have visited them I have marveled that none had burned. Too many tenants are "social" residents who care not at all for their own safety or that of others. Those I visit are elderly - many (now departed) were friends from World War II when a relative of mine was billeted on them when they had their own homes just outside London. We kept touch all those years and often sent food parcels when American rationing had ended but British rationing lingered on. I would not discount the possibility of terrorist activity entirely but believe it pretty far down the list of probable causes.

yes but this is happening too often in London....it's not a safe place to be

what are London authorities thinking?

do they care about their own? so sad....I think not

They have building inspections. Sprinklers? most likely. Even a big fire should not take down entire tower? WTH?

Fire started near 1AM London time (GMT?). So many were sleeping? Not easy to get up and get out. Maybe smoke deaths.........?

You know, the ones you lefties love to defend, the same ones who killed people in London just what, a week or two ago? Did your little brain already forget? Short term memory loss? That's funny because you lefties seem to have no issues blaming Bush for shit that happened 8 years after he was president yet can't remember that a terrorist attack happened in the same fucking city two weeks ago.

I wish a few fucking liberals would have been in that tower.
"I wish a few fucking liberals would have been in that tower".....that begs the question....if you had a perception that mostly liberals lived there.....well, what were you doing this evening? Do you have an alibi?

They said most people would have been home as it started at 5 to 1 in the morning.

I have friends who have lived in those tower blocks for decades. Not the particular one currently burning but not very far away. Each time I have visited them I have marveled that none had burned.

[...]
That building is burning like a pile of oil-soaked wood. What are they made of? I've never seen a building burn like that.

yes but this is happening too often in London....it's not a safe place to be

what are London authorities thinking?

do they care about their own? so sad....I think not

Well this happens EVERYWHERE too often. Nowhere is safe to be.

Six dead in Philadelphia building collapse, 13 injured - CNN.com

"
6 dead in Philadelphia building collapse, 13 injured"

New York buildings collapse after explosion in Manhattan - BBC News

"

New York buildings collapse after explosion in Manhattan"

Several injured as building collapses after 'explosion' in Vienna

"

Several injured as building collapses after 'explosion' in Vienna"

You're just seeing London because of what has happened recently.

:eusa_boohoo: :eek-52: :dunno: Unless you have been watching the news tonight/late Tuesday, you had to have seen the "Towering Inferno" in London. They say it started on the 26th Floor, of a 27 Story High Rise. Anyone actually believe this is an accident?
The whole building is burning. Just sad for all those people who used to live there.
:(
I'm curious. Why do you declare that it "can't be an accident"?

If Islamists didn't set the fire, you can bet they are taking note how effective it is in these old buildings in London.

You know, the ones you lefties love to defend, the same ones who killed people in London just what, a week or two ago? Did your little brain already forget? Short term memory loss? That's funny because you lefties seem to have no issues blaming Bush for shit that happened 8 years after he was president yet can't remember that a terrorist attack happened in the same fucking city two weeks ago.

Wow, you are one sick bastard.

In Massachusetts old textile mills are being converted to public housing.

Granite (some brick) mills with thick wooden floors.

Floors on which machines freely lubricated with oil stood for multiple decades.

Need I continue?

Oh, OK, there are liberals reading this so I guess I need to add a picture:

kerr-mill-08-tj.jpg

Wow, you are one sick bastard.
And......a trump supporter. Surprised?

As I described in another thread.....

(quoted material in blue)

A RESIDENTS group flagged up several concerns about a Ladbroke Grove tower block, which has been completely destroyed by an inferno.

“The potential for a fire to break out in the communal area on the walkway does not bear thinking about”
Grenfell Action Group

Shame the Muslim Mayor of London has more pressing matters, like telling Trump how to run America.

Forum List

Back