#BoycottStarbucks Trending on Twitter After Getting 2 Blacks Arrested for Using Bathroom

It has nothing to do with race. Go into any restaurant or coffee shop, sit down and don't order you will be told to leave. Say you are waiting for someone and you will be asked what you want while you are waiting. It is a business. If you are not on the premises for a business purpose, you are a tresspasser. The two men were rightfully arrested.

It has nothing to do with race. Go into any restaurant or coffee shop, sit down and don't order you will be told to leave. Say you are waiting for someone and you will be asked what you want while you are waiting. It is a business. If you are not on the premises for a business purpose, you are a tresspasser. The two men were rightfully arrested.
No, they were arrested for pottying while black.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
They were not customers.

They were not customers.
We both know whites would never have been confronted.

Lucky the cops didn't shoot them.

They were not customers.

Whites would have ordered something. This is black privilege.

Not sure. I have waited pretty significant times for other people without being harassed by staff and I have had attitude trying to use the bathroom at places where I was a customer. Had a McD's in NYC refuse to give me the key first saying I wasn't a customer and when I gave the guy my receipt showing I was he still wouldn't give me the key because "You ddn't spend enough".

I have been waiting for people in innumerable restaurants and coffee shops and always told I had to order something. If the restaurant had a waiting area I was allowed to wait there. Not many restaurants will allow non customers to take up a seat.

I have been waiting for people in innumerable restaurants and coffee shops and always told I had to order something. If the restaurant had a waiting area I was allowed to wait there. Not many restaurants will allow non customers to take up a seat.

Depends on where you live and how busy they are. Some will seat you just to not be clogging their doorway. Some don't care either way. I don't do Starbucks so I am not sure how they work As I have only walked through their line a couple times on the go.

Starbucks ceo: Reprehensible outcome in Philadelphia event

First, to once again express our deepest apologies to the two men who were arrested with a goal of doing whatever we can to make things right. Second, to let you know of our plans to investigate the pertinent facts and make any necessary changes to our practices that would help prevent such an occurrence from ever happening again. And third, to reassure you that Starbucks stands firmly against discrimination or racial profiling.

In the coming days, I will be joining our regional vice president, Camille Hymes—who is on the ground in Philadelphia—to speak with partners, customers and community leaders as well as law enforcement. Most importantly, I hope to meet personally with the two men who were arrested to offer a face-to-face apology.

We have immediately begun a thorough investigation of our practices. In addition to our own review, we will work with outside experts and community leaders to understand and adopt best practices. The video shot by customers is very hard to watch and the actions in it are not representative of our Starbucks Mission and Values. Creating an environment that is both safe and welcoming for everyone is paramount for every store. Regretfully, our practices and training led to a bad outcome—the basis for the call to the Philadelphia police department was wrong. Our store manager never intended for these men to be arrested and this should never have escalated as it did.

starbucks1.jpg

19582018.jpg

Starbucks is a very liberal corporation - and that's the difference between the two parties. We take a stand even when it's one of our own. Meanwhile, evangelicals are supporting the scum of the earth in the name of the almighty GOP.

I think you're right.

I'm certain there is more to the story because the police would not have arrested them for nothing more than just sitting there while waiting for someone. I know there are situations in which racially-hostile White cops will unnecessarily arrest, abuse, or harass Blacks but I am sure such incidents do not occur as often as some Blacks would have us believe -- even though they themselves have themselves bullshitted well enough to believe their own bullshit.

There is the world the way it is and the world the way some Blacks think it is. Such Blacks spend most of the day bullshitting themselves and the rest of the day bullshitting each other, and when confronted by reality they reach right into their carefully structured bullshit repertoire, which is why so many of them end up handcuffed, fucked up, and locked up.

So anyone who believes the cops just walked into that Starbucks and arrested those two urbane gentlemen for absolutely nothing is a fucking idiot who is just as stupid as the handcuffed nitwits who now have something else to bullshit and feel sorry for themselves about.

They were not customers.

Whites would have ordered something. This is black privilege.
No some of the white customers said they had done the same thing wihout incident. But i guess the manager didn't want blacks to get too comfortable hanging out there and not buying anything. Whites...awww..thats ok...they blend in ...so no sweat if they don't buy anything and say they are waiting on someone.

I think you're right.

I'm certain there is more to the story because the police would not have arrested them for nothing more than just sitting there while waiting for someone. I know there are situations in which racially-hostile White cops will unnecessarily arrest, abuse, or harass Blacks but I am sure such incidents do not occur as often as some Blacks would have us believe -- even though they themselves have themselves bullshitted well enough to believe their own bullshit.

There is the world the way it is and the world the way some Blacks think it is. Such Blacks spend most of the day bullshitting themselves and the rest of the day bullshitting each other, and when confronted by reality they reach right into their carefully structured bullshit repertoire, which is why so many of them end up handcuffed, fucked up, and locked up.

So anyone who believes the cops just walked into that Starbucks and arrested those two urbane gentlemen for absolutely nothing is a fucking idiot who is just as stupid as the handcuffed nitwits who now have something else to bullshit and feel sorry for themselves about.

What???

Starbucks ceo: Reprehensible outcome in Philadelphia event

First, to once again express our deepest apologies to the two men who were arrested with a goal of doing whatever we can to make things right. Second, to let you know of our plans to investigate the pertinent facts and make any necessary changes to our practices that would help prevent such an occurrence from ever happening again. And third, to reassure you that Starbucks stands firmly against discrimination or racial profiling.

In the coming days, I will be joining our regional vice president, Camille Hymes—who is on the ground in Philadelphia—to speak with partners, customers and community leaders as well as law enforcement. Most importantly, I hope to meet personally with the two men who were arrested to offer a face-to-face apology.

We have immediately begun a thorough investigation of our practices. In addition to our own review, we will work with outside experts and community leaders to understand and adopt best practices. The video shot by customers is very hard to watch and the actions in it are not representative of our Starbucks Mission and Values. Creating an environment that is both safe and welcoming for everyone is paramount for every store. Regretfully, our practices and training led to a bad outcome—the basis for the call to the Philadelphia police department was wrong. Our store manager never intended for these men to be arrested and this should never have escalated as it did.

View attachment 188087

View attachment 188086

Starbucks is a very liberal corporation - and that's the difference between the two parties. We take a stand even when it's one of our own. Meanwhile, evangelicals are supporting the scum of the earth in the name of the almighty GOP.
I don't think we should condemn Starbucks. Lets deal with the bigotted bitch who caused all of the ruckus.

Guess the baristas didn't mean it when they gave every customer a lecture on racial tolerance.

#BoycottStarbucks surfaces after video shows arrest of two black men at Philadelphia location
Typically in Starbucks you can nurse a cup of coffee all day and never see a sign that says restrooms for customers only. I use to meet my wife there after work and I never had anyone ask me to make a purchase. There motto is “To inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time.” I think for most part they live up to their motto and policies which are pretty damn customer friendly. Of course there's over 27,000 locations and you can't expect them all to be perfect.

Forum List

Back