Boycott Israel

ā€œWeā€™re gonna show the world that no one can wipe out Israel. Not now, not ever,ā€ Sasson told The Algemeiner. ā€œLike a warrior who goes to war, he doesnā€™t think about the other things, he just goes to fight and do his best. We know how to manage our emotions and just focus on winning. Thatā€™s the most importantā€ ā€” to which Palchick added, ā€œthatā€™s the reason why we are going through all this.ā€

Muki and Palchick made international headlines when they individually won gold medals at the Abu Dhabi Grand Slam in October 2018, which led to the playing of the Israeli national anthem, ā€œHatikvah,ā€ for the first time in history at the competition. Afterwards Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called Muki to congratulate him on his victory and for advancing Israelā€™s cause around the world, according to the athlete. Muki called the experience ā€œa moment that I will never forget.ā€

(full article online)

Israelā€™s Olympic Judo Team Members Say Their ā€˜Fighting Spiritā€™ Will Never Be Sidelined by Anti-Israel Snubs

You poor, dear. I understand your feelings are hurt. While your limitations donā€™t allow you the possibility of a rebuttal, your usual slogans arenā€™t helpful.

ā€œIt is outrageous that NYU and Harvard would facilitate an anti-Semitic atmosphere on campus by providing a public forum for Marc Lamont Hill and Omar Barghouti to spew hatred and foster anti-Israel animus,ā€ said the National Council of Young Israel. ā€œProviding a platform to individuals with a long history of anti-Semitism makes NYU and Harvard complicit in cultivating a dangerous and frightening atmosphere for Jewish students who attend the university. NYU and Harvard should focus on promoting academics, not anti-Semitism.ā€

ā€œThe anti-Semitic tirades and anti-Israel rants by Marc Lamont Hill and Omar Barghouti should automatically disqualify them from addressing students on a university campus,ā€ added the National Council of Young Israel. ā€œOmar Barghoutiā€™s unbridled support for the anti-Semitic BDS movement and Marc Lamont Hillā€™s blatant anti-Israel and anti-Semitic sentiments are beyond the pale, and these two individuals should be condemned, not cheered.ā€

Last year, the National Council of Young Israel strongly denounced Marc Lamont Hill, a professor at Temple University, after he delivered an anti-Semitic address in association with the United Nationsā€™ commemoration of the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People. In his remarks at the UN, Hill, a Temple professor, belittled the State of Israel and endorsed the use of violence by Palestinian Arabs against Israel. Hill said that, ā€œjustice requires a free Palestine from the river to the sea,ā€ a phrase that is often used by the terrorist group Hamas when it calls for Israelā€™s destruction.

(full article online)

Young Israel: College campuses shouldn't embrace anti-Semites.

ā€œIt is outrageous that NYU and Harvard would facilitate an anti-Semitic atmosphere on campus by providing a public forum for Marc Lamont Hill and Omar Barghouti to spew hatred and foster anti-Israel animus,ā€ said the National Council of Young Israel. ā€œProviding a platform to individuals with a long history of anti-Semitism makes NYU and Harvard complicit in cultivating a dangerous and frightening atmosphere for Jewish students who attend the university. NYU and Harvard should focus on promoting academics, not anti-Semitism.ā€

ā€œThe anti-Semitic tirades and anti-Israel rants by Marc Lamont Hill and Omar Barghouti should automatically disqualify them from addressing students on a university campus,ā€ added the National Council of Young Israel. ā€œOmar Barghoutiā€™s unbridled support for the anti-Semitic BDS movement and Marc Lamont Hillā€™s blatant anti-Israel and anti-Semitic sentiments are beyond the pale, and these two individuals should be condemned, not cheered.ā€

Last year, the National Council of Young Israel strongly denounced Marc Lamont Hill, a professor at Temple University, after he delivered an anti-Semitic address in association with the United Nationsā€™ commemoration of the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People. In his remarks at the UN, Hill, a Temple professor, belittled the State of Israel and endorsed the use of violence by Palestinian Arabs against Israel. Hill said that, ā€œjustice requires a free Palestine from the river to the sea,ā€ a phrase that is often used by the terrorist group Hamas when it calls for Israelā€™s destruction.

(full article online)

Young Israel: College campuses shouldn't embrace anti-Semites.
Is name calling all they have?

Documentary filmmaker Ami Horowitz, who filmed portions of the conference before being forced off campus, released footage and audio recordings from the event on Sunday.

The footage taken by Horowitz includes a performance by the anti-Zionist Israeli-Arab rapper Tamer Nafar, who can be heard calling on the audience to ā€œgo that anti-Semiticā€, before launching into a rendition of the song ā€œMama, I Fell in Love With a Jewā€, by Nafarā€™s rap group, DAM.

ā€œAnti-Semitism, yeah, okay,ā€ said Nafar. ā€œI know it sounds like R&B stuff, but donā€™t think of Rihanna when you sing it. Donā€™t think of Beyonceā€¦ think of Mel Gibson. Go that anti-Semitic.ā€

ā€œLetā€™s try it together. I need your help because I cannot be anti-Semitic alone,ā€ Nafar continued, later telling the audience, ā€œYou look beautifully anti-Semitic.ā€

Nafar, a former protĆ©gĆ© of the Jewish rapper Kobi Shimoni ā€“ better known by his stage name ā€œSubliminalā€ ā€“ has come under criticism in the past for his comments on suicide bombers and claim that Israel is a ā€œterrorist stateā€.

Even Horowitz, who has documented anti-Israel events in the past, was taken aback by the open anti-Semitism he encountered at the conference.

"I heard there was a conference going on about the conflict in Gaza, and my initial assumption was that it was going to be a hate fest against Israel," Horowitz said in an interview with ABC-11.

"When I went there, that is what I found, but what I did not expect was for it to evolve into open anti-Semitism. You expect these attitudes from Neo-Nazis and white nationalists, but you don't expect these attitudes in the halls of academia.ā€

One professor, who was not named, even appeared to blame Jews for the recent spate of anti-Semitic attacks, committed mostly by young black men, in Brooklyn.

(full article online)

'I can't be anti-Semitic alone, try it with me together'

You poor, dear. I understand your feelings are hurt. While your limitations donā€™t allow you the possibility of a rebuttal, your usual slogans arenā€™t helpful.

I believe in free speech.

He can make an ass of himself if he likes.

I believe in free speech.

He can make an ass of himself if he likes.

You and Corby have much in common. You two routinely make asses of yourselves.

Who was the PM or President of ā€œPalestineā€ in 1946? What did their Olympic Team look like? What was their currency?

Thanks

Forum List

Back