Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
A little excitement in Brooklyn today.

Fisherman saves mother, daughters after car falls into Sheepshead Bay
BY Clare Trapasso, Mike Jaccarino and Joe Kemp
DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Sunday, October 11th 2009, 4:00 AM

A fisherman was hailed as a hero after he saved a woman and her two teenage daughters from their car when it plunged into a Brooklyn bay Saturday, witnesses said.

Keith Gorman, 42, was working on the dock of Pier 5 in Sheepshead Bay when he heard the car crash through a gate that bordered the inlet, witnesses said.

"I heard a car smash," said Gorman, a deckhand on the Sea Queen 7. "I ran through the crowd and I realized that a car went on the sidewalk and into the water."

Gorman saw the silver sedan slowly sinking in the water off Emmons Ave. at Dooley St.

The driver, Alla Yelizarov, was caught in her seatbelt, and her two daughters were scrambling out of the windows to reach the roof of the car, he said.

"I really don't know what happened," Talya Yelizarov, 16, who was in the car with her 13-year-old sister, told the Daily News. "One second we were parking the car and the next we're in the water."

Read more: Fisherman saves mother, daughters after car falls into Sheepshead Bay

had to do that while i was drinking my coffee, huh?

give-me-a-spit-take-skit.jpg

Bummer I can't rep you again...yet.

Keith is a hero for saving lives. Alla might want to check into some driving courses. Driving your car into the war when trying to park, makes for one big "Here is your sign" display.

Forum List

Back