Boxer: Hackers should face criminal probe over 'Climategate'

So you did not read the emails yet you jumped all over me for not reading them?

This is my whole point with my original post.

You who think this is the smoking gun you wish and dream it is are VER WRONG.

It is bullshit and they are stolen PERSONAL emails where the guys are talking as people and not conspiring to do anything but prove what they believe their scientific investigatoions have proven to them.

They know the asshole scientists who are claiming to be against the theory are bought and paid for by the Corps to kill the thoery.

Your team of scientists are corporate whores and these guys hated them for good reason.

i've read them.

none of your posts ever have a point.

It is bullshit and they are stolen PERSONAL emails where the guys are talking as people and not conspiring to do anything but prove what they believe their scientific investigatoions have proven to them.

They know the asshole scientists who are claiming to be against the theory are bought and paid for by the Corps to kill the thoery.

Your team of scientists are corporate whores and these guys hated them for good reason.

Has anyone told you that your full of shit today? Let me be the first.
There are plenty of evidence that 'your" scientists are manipulating the facts. It IS shown in the emails, there is enough evidence to show that, that's why the NYTIMES would print what they did. Just what the hell do you think that "HIDE THE DECLINE IN TEMPERATURES" actually means?????????
You talk about bought and paid for, you think that the pro global warming isn't? You are a fool to think they aren't. This is the problem.....there is no pure science going on, and if there isn't, you have to throw it all out.
When the consensus said the earth was flat......it just took one person to say it wasn't.

The end does NOT justify the means.
That is one fundamental difference between the right and left.

I agree the hackers should be prosecuted under appropriate laws and jurisdictions.
Remember that the next time the libs get a 'Whistleblower' into something they find dangerous. We can count on you demanding their prosecution while the crime goes by unchallenged? Good to know.

Thanks for speaking out for the hypocrites.

Apples and oranges.
whistleblowers typically have legal accessto the information they report on.
Hackers do not.

I agree the hackers should be prosecuted under appropriate laws and jurisdictions.
Remember that the next time the libs get a 'Whistleblower' into something they find dangerous. We can count on you demanding their prosecution while the crime goes by unchallenged? Good to know.

Apples and oranges.
Hackers do not.

Your joking, right? There are a lot of whistleblowers that don't have access, but come across it.

Any illegal act that exposes another illegal act should be deemed legal in accordance with the mathematical principle that the product of two negatives equals a positive.

Or as the old adage goes: Two wrongs makes a right.

Or something like that. :eusa_whistle:

Are you addressing that to me again?

Did I say this was a smoking gun?

Also, emails should never be considered "personal". You send an email, you should expect the whole world to read it.

Immie

First of all this is the same Sen. Boxer who has litttle issue with spending billions on C-17's even though the Air Force does not want them? Are we talking about that Sen. Boxer? Is this the Sen. Boxer that refused to support legislation to cut off funding to Berkley for it's blatent efforts to keep the Marine Corps from recruiting in that city? Considering the source of such comments one must take it with a grain of salt. First if these acts are prosecuted then they will be by the proper authority regardless of Sen. Boxer's musings. Second as the content of these e-mails did not seem to bother the Sen. much and her own little problems , I wonder where she stands on those?

Boxer then went on to face Bruce Herschensohn, a conservative television commentator, in the general election. Despite her ten-year Congressional career, she cast herself as a Washington outsider, whose gender made her a gadfly to the establishment. This picture was somewhat damaged by the revelation during the campaign that she had bounced 143 checks at the U.S. House of Representatives bank. Despite this setback, Boxer relied on her ability to identify issues that voters cared about, and get her position across in a punchy and appealing manner. In a year in which more women than ever before were elected to the Senate, Boxer won her race in November of 1992, becoming, along with Dianne Feinstein, one of two women to make up the California delegation.
Barbara Boxer: Biography from Answers.com

1985 - Congresswoman Barbara Boxer introduces a bill to provide protections for military
whistleblowers.
http://www.dodig.mil/INV/mri/pdfs/Timeline.pdf

She doesnt seem to have an issue with protecting Wshitleblowers in general as long as they support her agenda, so again take what the Honorable Sen. Boxers say's with a grain of salt.

Leaked e-mails allegedly undermining climate change science should be treated as a criminal matter, Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) said Wednesday afternoon.

Boxer, the top Democrat on the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, said that the recently released e-mails, showing scientists allegedly overstating the case for climate change, should be treated as a crime.

"You call it 'Climategate'; I call it 'E-mail-theft-gate,'" she said during a committee meeting. "Whatever it is, the main issue is, Are we facing global warming or are we not? I'm looking at these e-mails, that, even though they were stolen, are now out in the public."

Boxer: Hackers should face criminal probe over 'Climategate' - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

she doesn't have a problem with manipulated data,, it's the hackers that bother her,, now why is that doyathink?

I say they should go after the hackers and the scientists who willingly lied.

By the way, it seems that there are some who think that google anf yahoo both are using their power on the web to block access to the emails by removing links to them from their search results. I personally do not know if that is true, so do not credit me with saying that it is happening. I find it very curious that if you simply do a google search it turns up nothing except links to articles about them, when usually a search on google turns up what your looking for near the top.
maybe they are just having problems at google, maybe they are blocking it to advance some agenda.
I would love to see some here comment on that instead of attacking each other about something that none of us here have any first hand knowledge of.
If everybody tries a search, and discusses what they get in the results, then we can have a discussion.

Apples and oranges.
Hackers do not.

Your joking, right? There are a lot of whistleblowers that don't have access, but come across it.

come accross it in an illegal manner such as hacking?
Examples?

For them to be whistleblowers they have to uncover something.

This is a bullshit issue and there is no there there
Right... nothing was uncovered.

The fact they biased the algorithms is nothing???? The fact they colluded in hiding their fraudulent findings is NOTHING?!? That's fucking delusional!

You stick your head down in the sand any further, you're gonna strike oil.

A whistleblower is a person who raises a concern about wrongdoing occurring in an organization or body of people, usually this person would be from that same organization. This misconduct may be classified in many ways; for example, a violation of a law, rule, regulation and/or a direct threat to public interest, such as fraud, health/safety violations, and corruption. Whistleblowers may make their allegations internally (for example, to other people within the accused organization) or externally (to regulators, law enforcement agencies, to the media or to groups concerned with the issues).

Whistleblowers frequently face reprisal - sometimes at the hands of the organization or group which they have accused, sometimes from related organizations, and sometimes under law.

Whistleblower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of the primary backers of Whistleblower protections especially in the Military is none other than Sen. Boxer. While the methods used to obtain this information did violate the laws of the UK it would be up to the UK to prosecute those responsible for such acts I do find it somewhat ironic that in cases involving Whsitleblowers in everything from environmental wrongdoing to military misconduct Sen. boxer has no issue with running to rescue of those individuals as well as using that information to further legislation.

Boxer: Hackers should face criminal probe over 'Climategate'

She's right, but we all know what this is about. Barbara doesn't want to lose what little credibility she has left:

2549087853_62635f6261.jpg

Forum List

Back