Boxer: Hackers should face criminal probe over 'Climategate'

The end does NOT justify the means.
That is one fundamental difference between the right and left.

I agree the hackers should be prosecuted under appropriate laws and jurisdictions.
Remember that the next time the libs get a 'Whistleblower' into something they find dangerous. We can count on you demanding their prosecution while the crime goes by unchallenged? Good to know.

Thanks for speaking out for the hypocrites.

Apples and oranges.
whistleblowers typically have legal accessto the information they report on.
Hackers do not.
And we do not know for sure this was hacked by someone who DID have legal access. The person who posted this data is unknown. They very well may have had legal permission to access this. They knew enough to know where to look for it.

What is known is that it is too large a chunk of data to have been done through an external source, or someone's computer security was SERIOUSLY delinquent. 75% of a Terabyte??? Yeah, I don't see that being downloaded through a modem any time soon without getting caught.

Regardless. You're demanding that we focus on the hacker's crime and ignore the real BIG crime of global fraud it had uncovered. This smacks of ohhhh I dunno.... stupidity. Like busting a drug dealer for speeding and ignoring the bales of pot in the back seat in plain sight.

Remember that the next time the libs get a 'Whistleblower' into something they find dangerous. We can count on you demanding their prosecution while the crime goes by unchallenged? Good to know.

Apples and oranges.
Hackers do not.
And we do not know for sure this was hacked by someone who DID have legal access. The person who posted this data is unknown. They very well may have had legal permission to access this. They knew enough to know where to look for it.

What is known is that it is too large a chunk of data to have been done through an external source, or someone's computer security was SERIOUSLY delinquent. 75% of a Terabyte??? Yeah, I don't see that being downloaded through a modem any time soon without getting caught.

Regardless. You're demanding that we focus on the hacker's crime and ignore the real BIG crime of global fraud it had uncovered. This smacks of ohhhh I dunno.... stupidity. Like busting a drug dealer for speeding and ignoring the bales of pot in the back seat in plain sight.
Wouldn't the schools chancellors have to agree on who had the right to release the emails?

IMO, no one in a company has the right to release company emails except the owners or board of directors.

Wow...Where to start?

First, there's the ongoing media perpetuated presumption that this was a hacker, rather than an insider whistleblower. So far, the originator of the story --HERE-- is still standing by his claim:
This is clearly not the work of some hacker, but of an insider who’s now blown the whistle.

Secondly, I fail to see how the legal ignoramus, Barbara Boxer, presumes that she's going to be able to establish jurisdiction over an alleged crime that apparently happened in Europe.

Of course, the same self-righteous indignation by the left was conspicuously absent when the NYT got ahold of the recording of a supposedly private phone conversation between John Boehner and Newt Gingrich several years ago, nor did they have any compunctions against printing up the stolen Pentagon Papers.

Apples and oranges.
Hackers do not.

I am not demanding that we ignore EITHER Crime. Both need investigating and prosecution if guilty.
Show where I said we should ignore either crime?

So you did not read the emails yet you jumped all over me for not reading them?

This is my whole point with my original post.

You who think this is the smoking gun you wish and dream it is are VER WRONG.

It is bullshit and they are stolen PERSONAL emails where the guys are talking as people and not conspiring to do anything but prove what they believe their scientific investigatoions have proven to them.

They know the asshole scientists who are claiming to be against the theory are bought and paid for by the Corps to kill the thoery.

Your team of scientists are corporate whores and these guys hated them for good reason.

i've read them.

none of your posts ever have a point.

You read that whole list?

The 'proof' is the emails themselves....
East Anglia Confirmed Emails from the Climate Research Unit - Searchable

sorry to take so long had to attend to some personal stuff.

Thank you.

That is a butt load of stolen mail.

I have perused it a little and much of it is very casual conversation about their work.

How anyone can take this as a smoking gun is pretty sad

How anyone can dismiss them as unimportant because it disputes their beliefs is pretty sad as well. Please don't fall into that trap. Glad your reading them. took me almost all day yesterday to go through them. I have the time as I am stuck in bed sick. keep reading

Wow...Where to start?

First, there's the ongoing media perpetuated presumption that this was a hacker, rather than an insider whistleblower. So far, the originator of the story --HERE-- is still standing by his claim:
This is clearly not the work of some hacker, but of an insider who’s now blown the whistle.
Secondly, I fail to see how the legal ignoramus, Barbara Boxer, presumes that she's going to be able to establish jurisdiction over an alleged crime that apparently happened in Europe.

Of course, the same self-righteous indignation by the left was conspicuously absent when the NYT got ahold of the recording of a supposedly private phone conversation between John Boehner and Newt Gingrich several years ago, nor did they have any compunctions against printing up the stolen Pentagon Papers.
No one's saying to go after people that have published them. Otherwise, you'd be in trouble yourself. :lol:

I would like to remind the people condeming the scientists here have no proof any study was manipulated.

When they review the studies and compare the Data then something will be known.

Now when it turns out the data was not manipulated will you be willing to prosicute the assholes who stole the mail?

The 'proof' is the emails themselves....
East Anglia Confirmed Emails from the Climate Research Unit - Searchable

sorry to take so long had to attend to some personal stuff.

Thank you.

I have perused it a little and much of it is very casual conversation about their work.

How anyone can dismiss them as unimportant because it disputes their beliefs is pretty sad as well. Please don't fall into that trap. Glad your reading them. took me almost all day yesterday to go through them. I have the time as I am stuck in bed sick. keep reading

Please poimt me to the ones whith the smoking guns in them.

I think they let the dude who hacked Sarah Palin's email go. It was no big deal then and should be no big deal now. What's the difference? This inhibits boxer's capacity to tax the crap outta us. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: somebody has shit in her litter box so to speak. :eusa_hand:

Wow...Where to start?

No one's saying to go after people that have published them. Otherwise, you'd be in trouble yourself. :lol:
You really have to go a long way to miss the point.....Par for the course.

This isn't about the publication of the material, but the phony righteous indignation by the left that the e-mails were "stolen", when they've looked the other way when other "stolen" information was to their liking.

You really have to go a long way to miss the point.

This isn't about the publication of the material, but the phony righteous indignation by the left that the e-mails were "stolen", when they've looked the other way when other "stolen" information was to their liking.

It was under Bush that whistleblowers were tossed on their ears

Thank you.

There is a lot, here is a link to a summary (not sure just how biased it is, it is biased)
The only one using term 'smoking gun' here is you. There is proof in these emails that the scientific method was not followed during this study. There is proof that information was 'doctored' to achieve the desired results. There is proof that information that did not fit the desired result was destroyed, making it impossible to reevaluate the information. There is evidence in these emails that emails from people requesting information was destroyed.
That makes the science flawed. That does not mean that the entire theory is flawed, but because of the manipulation of the data by these so-called experts, it make take many years before the science is actually proven one way or the other.

You really have to go a long way to miss the point.

It was under Bush that whistleblowers were tossed on their ears

"You are either with us or for the terrorists"

There is a lot, here is a link to a summary (not sure just how biased it is, it is biased)
The only one using term 'smoking gun' here is you. There is proof in these emails that the scientific method was not followed during this study. There is proof that information was 'doctored' to achieve the desired results. There is proof that information that did not fit the desired result was destroyed, making it impossible to reevaluate the information. There is evidence in these emails that emails from people requesting information was destroyed.
That makes the science flawed. That does not mean that the entire theory is flawed, but because of the manipulation of the data by these so-called experts, it make take many years before the science is actually proven one way or the other.

They are numbered adn dated PLEASE provide me with the numbers and dates in which all this proof is contained?

They are numbered adn dated PLEASE provide me with the numbers and dates in which all this proof is contained?

NO. While I do enjoy helping I do not enjoy holding your hand and doing the reading for you. The more people that read these for themselves, the more we will find out about them.
Just keep reading.

Wow...Where to start?

You really have to go a long way to miss the point.....Par for the course.

The New York Times didn't steal the Pentagon papers or the telephone conversation. There's a difference, but I can understand how you can't see it.

Forum List

Back