Boxer: Hackers should face criminal probe over 'Climategate'

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Leaked e-mails allegedly undermining climate change science should be treated as a criminal matter, Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) said Wednesday afternoon.

Boxer, the top Democrat on the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, said that the recently released e-mails, showing scientists allegedly overstating the case for climate change, should be treated as a crime.

"You call it 'Climategate'; I call it 'E-mail-theft-gate,'" she said during a committee meeting. "Whatever it is, the main issue is, Are we facing global warming or are we not? I'm looking at these e-mails, that, even though they were stolen, are now out in the public."

Boxer: Hackers should face criminal probe over 'Climategate' - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

she doesn't have a problem with manipulated data,, it's the hackers that bother her,, now why is that doyathink?

The end does NOT justify the means.
That is one fundamental difference between the right and left.

I agree the hackers should be prosecuted under appropriate laws and jurisdictions.

Again, why does the Left hate real science?

Sure looks like they're circling the wagons.

Boxer's statement ranks right up there on the Dumbness Scale with that of the NY Times, saying they wouldn't publish excerpts of the emails because they were never ment for public consumption.

But the NYT had no problem publishing leaked intelligence documents that were never meant to be seen by the public either. Well, given time maybe they'll figure out a way to blame Bush for the cooked climate change books and let us see them afternall.

Too bad Boxer wasn't concerned when those on the other side of the isle were violated with cyber hacking.

It might make some actually listen to her!

Mike

Boxer. Another flamming idiot. Hear she's got a challenge for her seat this time around. HOpe she lands in the unemplment line alongside the millions already there. Wouldn't that be something to see???

As for the NYT, couln't agree more blaskoff. Kinda funny they all of a sudden got ethics. Where were the ethics during Bush's administration?? Oh yeah. Its Bush't fault that we have a bunch of dishonest scientists out there cooking the books to suppot the BS climate change crap. What a joke.

You know I was always taught that e-mails were not private and not to put anything you didn't want the entire world to see or know into an email. I can't send a dirty picture to a friend at work for fear of someone else seeing it and getting offended and maybe losing my job. Whether or not these emails were found on a server via hacking or got out by some other means, the only people to blame are the idiots that sent them in the first place.

The fact that someone hacked into a private (or was it governmental?) server may be a crime, but, as far as leaking these emails... well to my former Senator, I have to say, tough shit!

As for the hacking being a crime, well, when they start cracking down on people who create distructive viruses and spyware then I'll get excited.

Immie

Well,, now that you mention it, I don't remember the liberals having a problem when Sarah Palin's emails were hacked.. Fact is iirc they blamed Palin for the hackers! Crazy! :lol::lol::lol:

Aside from the fact that Barbara Boxer, in my opinion, is another one of the long lists of complete idiots, I think that she and others are MORE concerned about, what if MY e-mails are hacked? Believe me they have tons of garbage in their collective closets that they don't EVER want to be discovered and released to the public.

Don't get me wrong, any type of hacking is just plain wrong and of course against the law.
BUT, my opinions of most politicians is that they are for themselves and their pals only, they say and e-mail things, that if discovered, would get them tossed out of their collective butts.

So ,let's just say Boxer's "Outrage' is as phony as it can be and I am convinced she and others', as stated above, are only worried about their so called private e-mails.
In fact all government employees e-mails should be made public, with of course, the exception of, subjects concerning national security etc etc. They are OUR employees! and as most if not all businesses will tell you, anything you send through their system can be monitored, recorded, yada yada. Well, the government employees, ALL of THEM, are our employees. But, they think they are our rulers, don't they?
That's my 2¢

Those emails do not say what the right claims they say.

This will end up to be much ado about nothing

go get em and we will go through them.

I have not read them and have seen this type of hype from the right before.

How do they prove that data was manipulated?

The Data will prove wether it was manipulated after through investigation.

Its like playing telephone to claim 15 year old emails prove anything.

Okay... then to be clear, you cannot make the statement, "Those emails do not say what the right claims they say.", because you have not read them. You are going on a "hunch", right?

Immie

it's nice to see that you're consistent in commenting on things about which you have no knowledge. it certainly gives you a wide choice of topics.

it's going to be kind of tough to check the data, since it was tossed out.

keep up the good work, corky.

:thup:

It's cool when people attack the message without even knowing what the message even is.
It's easy enough for you to Google it, and read the emails, they're all over the internet.
The emails are very incriminating...how do I know? I read the emails.

they are 15 year old emails how the hell are they going to prove that data in a study were manipulated?

Think hard about it Immy.

The right is claiming GW doesnt exsist on the back of a few 15 year old emails.

Does the name Orely tates ring a bell?

You guys are going to be very embarrassed when this one pans out.

they are 15 year old emails how the hell are they going to prove that data in a study were manipulated?

Think hard about it Immy.

The right is claiming GW doesnt exsist on the back of a few 15 year old emails.

Does the name Orely tates ring a bell?

You guys are going to be very embarrassed when this one pans out.

does the word *stupid* ring a bell?

:lol:

Forum List

Back