Boxer: Hackers should face criminal probe over 'Climategate'

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by WillowTree, Dec 3, 2009.

1. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,729
    Leaked e-mails allegedly undermining climate change science should be treated as a criminal matter, Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) said Wednesday afternoon.

Boxer, the top Democrat on the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, said that the recently released e-mails, showing scientists allegedly overstating the case for climate change, should be treated as a crime.

"You call it 'Climategate'; I call it 'E-mail-theft-gate,'" she said during a committee meeting. "Whatever it is, the main issue is, Are we facing global warming or are we not? I'm looking at these e-mails, that, even though they were stolen, are now out in the public."

Boxer: Hackers should face criminal probe over 'Climategate' - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

she doesn't have a problem with manipulated data,, it's the hackers that bother her,, now why is that doyathink?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  2. slackjawed

slackjawed Self deported

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +645
    Hackers that stole from a server in another country. Maybe Boxer is over-reaching her authority just a little bit.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    'Cause she a liberal idiot, I wouldn't have expected anything less. Oh and that's "senator liberal idiot".

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    The end does NOT justify the means.
    That is one fundamental difference between the right and left.

I agree the hackers should be prosecuted under appropriate laws and jurisdictions.

5. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,033
    Again, why does the Left hate real science?

Sure looks like they're circling the wagons.

6. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,618
    Boxer's statement ranks right up there on the Dumbness Scale with that of the NY Times, saying they wouldn't publish excerpts of the emails because they were never ment for public consumption.

But the NYT had no problem publishing leaked intelligence documents that were never meant to be seen by the public either. Well, given time maybe they'll figure out a way to blame Bush for the cooked climate change books and let us see them afternall.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Mike458877

Mike458877 Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Too bad Boxer wasn't concerned when those on the other side of the isle were violated with cyber hacking.

It might make some actually listen to her!

Mike

8. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,707
    Boxer. Another flamming idiot. Hear she's got a challenge for her seat this time around. HOpe she lands in the unemplment line alongside the millions already there. Wouldn't that be something to see???

As for the NYT, couln't agree more blaskoff. Kinda funny they all of a sudden got ethics. Where were the ethics during Bush's administration?? Oh yeah. Its Bush't fault that we have a bunch of dishonest scientists out there cooking the books to suppot the BS climate change crap. What a joke.

9. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    You know I was always taught that e-mails were not private and not to put anything you didn't want the entire world to see or know into an email. I can't send a dirty picture to a friend at work for fear of someone else seeing it and getting offended and maybe losing my job. Whether or not these emails were found on a server via hacking or got out by some other means, the only people to blame are the idiots that sent them in the first place.

The fact that someone hacked into a private (or was it governmental?) server may be a crime, but, as far as leaking these emails... well to my former Senator, I have to say, tough shit!

As for the hacking being a crime, well, when they start cracking down on people who create distructive viruses and spyware then I'll get excited.

Immie

10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,729
    Well,, now that you mention it, I don't remember the liberals having a problem when Sarah Palin's emails were hacked.. Fact is iirc they blamed Palin for the hackers! Crazy! :lol::lol::lol: