Boxer faces 'challenge of a lifetime' on climate change bill

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
So let me get this right... The Bill wouldn't pass by itself last year so they are going to expand this bill to include 100 different things to dare people not to vote for it... Is that "Change" or politics as normal in Washington??????

Last year, Boxer's standalone climate-change bill fell to defeat, but there's a new strategy this year that will make it harder for senators to reject it. Six committees — Environment and Public Works, which Boxer heads, Finance, Commerce, Energy , Agriculture and Foreign Relations — will have jurisdiction over the bill. Those committee heads have been meeting for months with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada , who'll help combine their work into one massive bill this fall.

Boxer said the approach was unlike any she'd experienced since she joined the Senate in 1993, and she predicted that it will simplify passage.

"It's a different dynamic, and it will make it easier," she said in the interview. "There will be so much in this bill. There will be investments in transportation. There will be great opportunities for agriculture. There will be great incentives for energy efficiency. There will be so much in there. There will be help for areas that need flood control. It should have a broader appeal. Having said that, it's all difficult."

Boxer faces 'challenge of a lifetime' on climate change bill - Yahoo! News

It's FDR Part Deux, let's see how much damage the Dems can possibly inflict on the US economy

So let me get this right... The Bill wouldn't pass by itself last year so they are going to expand this bill to include 100 different things to dare people not to vote for it... Is that "Change" or politics as normal in Washington??????

Last year, Boxer's standalone climate-change bill fell to defeat, but there's a new strategy this year that will make it harder for senators to reject it. Six committees — Environment and Public Works, which Boxer heads, Finance, Commerce, Energy , Agriculture and Foreign Relations — will have jurisdiction over the bill. Those committee heads have been meeting for months with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada , who'll help combine their work into one massive bill this fall.

Boxer said the approach was unlike any she'd experienced since she joined the Senate in 1993, and she predicted that it will simplify passage.

"It's a different dynamic, and it will make it easier," she said in the interview. "There will be so much in this bill. There will be investments in transportation. There will be great opportunities for agriculture. There will be great incentives for energy efficiency. There will be so much in there. There will be help for areas that need flood control. It should have a broader appeal. Having said that, it's all difficult."

While this comment is not directly about the dynamics of passage of the climate change bill, it is related.

For the longest time I have inveighed against the idea that there is man-made global warming that we must curtail.

No, this is just one more attack by the left on America, and the American way. I've asked that, instead of global warming, this concept should more correctly be called global governance.

When the leftists try to put aspects of our society and judicial control under the auspices of the United Nations, there is roiling among the citizenry... so they use this 'global warming' and the gullible fall right in line.

I call for my first withness, Al Gore:

"Former Vice President Al Gore, whose "An Inconvenient Truth" video epistle on the claims of global warming has not weathered recent scientific research, now has promised at a conference in the United Kingdom that the impending virtual energy tax under the U.S. "cap-and-trade" legislation will bring about "global governance."
'Global governance' coming with carbon tax, says Gore

"Just two weeks ago, the House of Representatives passed the Waxman-Markey climate bill,” Gore said, noting it was “very much a step in the right direction.” President Obama has pushed for the passage of the bill in the Senate and attended a G8 summit this week where he agreed to attempt to keep the Earth's temperatures from rising more than 2 degrees C.

Gore touted the Congressional climate bill, claiming it “will dramatically increase the prospects for success” in combating what he sees as the “crisis” of man-made global warming.

“But it is the awareness itself that will drive the change and one of the ways it will drive the change is through global governance and global agreements.”

Gore's call for “global governance” echoes former French President Jacques Chirac's call in 2000.
- Gore Says Climate Bill to Bring Global Governance

While this comment is not directly about the dynamics of passage of the climate change bill, it is related.

For the longest time I have inveighed against the idea that there is man-made global warming that we must curtail.

No, this is just one more attack by the left on America, and the American way. I've asked that, instead of global warming, this concept should more correctly be called global governance.

When the leftists try to put aspects of our society and judicial control under the auspices of the United Nations, there is roiling among the citizenry... so they use this 'global warming' and the gullible fall right in line.

"Former Vice President Al Gore, whose "An Inconvenient Truth" video epistle on the claims of global warming has not weathered recent scientific research, now has promised at a conference in the United Kingdom that the impending virtual energy tax under the U.S. "cap-and-trade" legislation will bring about "global governance."

"Just two weeks ago, the House of Representatives passed the Waxman-Markey climate bill,” Gore said, noting it was “very much a step in the right direction.” President Obama has pushed for the passage of the bill in the Senate and attended a G8 summit this week where he agreed to attempt to keep the Earth's temperatures from rising more than 2 degrees C.

Gore touted the Congressional climate bill, claiming it “will dramatically increase the prospects for success” in combating what he sees as the “crisis” of man-made global warming.

“But it is the awareness itself that will drive the change and one of the ways it will drive the change is through global governance and global agreements.”

Gore's call for “global governance” echoes former French President Jacques Chirac's call in 2000.

In "Earth in the Balance" Al Gore identifies water Vapor as the most dangerous greenhouse gas claiming that increases in CO2 also increase water vapor. I guess it gets hotter and people take longer showers putting more deadly H2O into the atmosphere.

I can't wait for the EPA to put H2O in the same category as CO2 as a danger to human existence.

Libruls are the stupidest fucking people I even met in my life.

Libruls are the stupidest fucking people I even met in my life.

You know, while a number of our liberal colleages are, shall we say, uninformed, it is the intelligent leftist that is of far greater interest to me.

I have no desire to hijack this important and worthwile thread, but at some future time and on a different thread, I would like to conjecture on the reasons for these lefties to either believe so many counterintuitive ideas, or press for an end to the country we love.

It's 'the way' to redistribute wealth globally. What the radical left is doing in US now, they want globally. They'll 'green' the West, while the 'emerging countries' can pollute as they wish. While going or not going 'Kyoto' is unlikely to change climate, but implementing the West will become poorer, allowing for the 'opportunity' for 'equality.' :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back